Advice and Opinions requested

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Advice and Opinions requested

Postby MusicalMomma » January 19th, 2007, 7:15 am

Hi all...

Today is day two for me...my husband and I are supposed to take two ladies out to dinner at Texas Road House for dinner tonight, as thanks for taking care of our cat over the holidays, while we were out of town.

Question...I'm not sure how I will be feeling come this evening and if I am not feeling strong, would it be rude to send my 15 year old daughter in my place? These two ladies are Youth Pastor and a youth leader in her youth group so they know her well.

Second question...if I'm feeling strong enough, have any of you eaten there and if so, what do you get that is in compliance? (I LOVE STEAK!)

Thanks in advance :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby supermom » January 19th, 2007, 8:23 am

I haven't been there in a while. Their food is really good, but we have some little hole in the road joints here that are just mom and pop places, not big chains, that are even better. I think they have a petite sirloin there. That should be okay, or even the grilled chicken or shrimp. Just order the steamed veggies with no butter and a salad with the dressing on the side and you should be fine. DeDe is our local roadie with TONS of eating out experience, though. Maybe she will chime in. Good luck!!

Oh, and the other thing. Why couldn't you all go?
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby electra000 » January 19th, 2007, 8:24 am

Hi Joyce ! You are doing great. We have a Roadhouse restaruant here in town. If you love steak, they have great steak. In the past I have had a small steak with salad, dressing on the side with steamed veggies. Be sure and tell them no butter on the veggies. You don't even need to be
tempted by the rolls because they are not good. I think you'll do fine with this. If you don't feel like going I think it would be fine for your daughter to go in your place.
electra000
Preferred member

Postby Lucy » January 19th, 2007, 9:14 am

K

Order 6 oz Dallas Filet, when it arrives cut a thumb size portion and give to hubby to try...

salad, be sure to say no cheese or bacon

steammed veggies also an option

Now if you are with drinkers, order a club soda add 1/2 pack single serve crystal light...now we are talking.

Hardest part is the rolls and butter, and all I can say is stare the things down, remember what do you REALLY want a roll with lard so you can keep the lard butt or to watch everyone else get lard butts!

While I was at O Charleys not having my rolls and beloved butter, I looked for every fat person I could and looked at them, watched them eat thinking I DO NOT WANT TO BE THAT...truth is truth fat sucks, and I no longer want to be what I find unattractive...

Whats funny as you see someone eat you are thinking okay the loaded baked potato 500 cals, the 800 cals mondo ceesecake, the 150 cal roll with butter...times 3 cause they just wolfed down three, what they asked for more...and yeah I was there at one time, just no more

I LOVE FOOD, but there is alot of food to love and alot of food that tastes good and is good for you!

If I have offended anyone I am honestly sorry...not my intent
Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.
Lucy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 19th, 2007, 11:39 am

Yep, I eat there quite a bit on the road.

I usually have the petite sirloin or th 6oz fillet. I make sure to ask them for no sauce on it (sometimes at some location they have a sauce on it, something similar to heinz 57 or A1 on it already. They will also just make you a plain chicken breast at most of them.

Ten I get the steamed veggies and ask for no butter.

In case there's butter on the steamed veggies, I get a side-salad with the low fat dressing on the side and stick my fork in the dressing before the salad, or sometimes I'm known to have brought my wishbone salad spritzers to the restaurant (weird, but that's me!)

The rolls there REALLY aren't that good and shouldn't give you too much temptation and you'll have enough food you shouldn't feel too bad about what you CAN'T have there, but be happier about what you can!

Good luck! I know you can get through it!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby MusicalMomma » January 19th, 2007, 12:14 pm

Thanks for the tips...I will let you know how it goes...IF I decide to go :)

P.S. so far so good today too ;)
MusicalMomma

Postby Lucy » January 19th, 2007, 2:15 pm

Go you will be glad you did!!!!
Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.
Lucy

Postby MusicalMomma » January 19th, 2007, 2:39 pm

Thanks for all the help folks...unfortunately the entire dinner has been postponed...one of the ladies we were taking out is not feeling well. So, I have some time before facing eating out :)
MusicalMomma

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 19th, 2007, 4:49 pm

Sorry she's not feeling well, but just as well getting a few more MF days under your belt before you have to defy the bread!

Hope you have a GREAT weekend!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Lucy » January 19th, 2007, 7:27 pm

I was so thinking of you tonight, glad you did not have to go...we went to a Pizza place I was going to have a salad, except the salad bar STUNK, so I sipped water while the family ate, and had no effect, much easier than day 2 watching the rolls so by.

I ate a salad at quiznos, they measured it out for me and left off the bad things, and OH MY GOODNESS it was SOSOOOO good.
Lucy

Postby Nova » January 19th, 2007, 8:31 pm

I don't eat much, and when I go to a place where they serve rolls or bread, I take a packet of soy crisps with me. When everyone else is having rolls and butter, I snack on my soy crisps. It's especially good if I'm really hungry. that way I'm not nearly so tempted by the rolls or bread.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 20th, 2007, 7:37 am

Lucy wrote:I ate a salad at quiznos, they measured it out for me and left off the bad things, and OH MY GOODNESS it was SOSOOOO good.

We finally got a quiznos here in manitowoc county...what did you have on it for your lean? Hubby loves quiznos and up to now, I've been able to mostly avoid it, but now that it's here...
MusicalMomma

Postby Lucy » January 20th, 2007, 9:37 am

I do the black and blue salad, without the blue cheese, I have them add mushrooms to the top of the meat and heat, gee I am not sure if we can have mushrooms, better check. The Chicken also works. I use a tablespoon of their basalmic as well. NUMMMMMMMMMM

Hmm gotta go check on the mushrooms....be back
Lucy

Postby bikipatra » January 20th, 2007, 9:42 am

Lucy wrote:I do the black and blue salad, without the blue cheese, I have them add mushrooms to the top of the meat and heat, gee I am not sure if we can have mushrooms, better check. The Chicken also works. I use a tablespoon of their basalmic as well. NUMMMMMMMMMM

Hmm gotta go check on the mushrooms....be back

We can have mushrooms. They virtually have no calories.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to Weight Loss