1st day=success

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

1st day=success

Postby Terfile » December 3rd, 2003, 6:22 pm

I was thinking these shakes were going to be bad! I tried atkins shakes awhile back and I had hold my breath when the can was opened...These are nothing like that.
I have had three already-orange-pin,Dutch chocolate and vanillia all of which I like and don't have to just deal with , I guess in time after only having a limited choice it will need "dressing" up .
well first days not hard at all , Just hope I have the same attitude after a few weeks:)
I also have a question about weight loss, In the Quick start handbook I read of weightloss between 3-7 LBS each week on this program but reading the forum I have noticed people weighing more loss more.Do you think this sets the base for weightloss?
Thank for your support!
Terry
Terfile

Postby Britta » December 3rd, 2003, 8:43 pm

Hi Terry! I'm a beginner here as well...actually, I haven't even started yet, but am so excited that I've been checking out the support boards. In answer to your questions, I think it depends on each individual as to how much weight you'll lose each week. Typically, the more weight that you have to lose, the faster you'll initially lose it...something to the effect of your body realizes it doesn't need it and gives it up faster. It's when you get down to your last 10-20 pounds that it becomes difficult and your body tries to hold on to every last ounce. Don't let what others lose or don't lose affect what YOU are committed to doing - your body is different and unique from everyone else. Just follow the plan as well as you can and you'll see your own very different and unique results!!

Good luck!
Britta
Britta

Re: 1st day=success (Britta and Terry)

Postby explorthis » December 4th, 2003, 8:10 am

Terfile wrote:I guess in time after only having a limited choice it will need "dressing" up - well first days not hard at all , Just hope I have the same attitude after a few weeks:)

Terry and Britta, I say welcome. I am Mike. I am the outspoken one. I am the one that does not sugar coat. I am (was) the HUGE FATTY that has been on the program for 87 days today. on Day 84 I had lost 79 pounds. Say it with me SEVENTY NINE. I have to chuckle at Britta's target weight of 105 (this is good) I have about 20ish more pounds to go, which would make me loose a complete Britta. Funny to think that way, I am loosing a small woman (where did she go?)

Attitude is what it is ALL about. You made the commitment (both of you) and there is no turning back. This is not a program you mess around with like the 100's of weight loss management programs that we have all began. The difference? This one works, and rapidly. You will be ocassionally hungry. The brain plays games with you. You will loose weight rapidly, if you are faithful. I began at 337 on 9/8 and on 12/1 at the Doctors, I was 258. That is 79 pounds, almost a pound a day. Excercise? Me? HAHAHAHA.. I am the laziest person you will ever meet. Lucky if I see the treadmill 2-3 times a week, and at that, I am forcing myself. But, this program WORKS I PROMISE!

Medifast works. I promise.
Again, welcome to both of you...

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Britta » December 4th, 2003, 9:05 am

Hey there, Mike, it's great to meet you!! I can appreciate outspokenness - I'd rather know where I stand than not. I agree with you, this is a great program - I lost really quickly when I was on it 12 years ago and I cannot wait to get my shipment today!! Have no doubt, I will be faithful and it WILL work and I WILL reach my goal! You cracked me up about "losing a small woman, where did she go?" That was hilarious, but it's so true! You're losing a whole person!! 79 pounds in 84 days is FANTASTIC!! Way to go! Out of curiosity, what did your doctors say when you weighed in? That is truly amazing and I send all of my best congratulations!!

Britta
Britta

Postby Unca_Tim » December 4th, 2003, 10:55 pm

Hi Terry and welcome,
Weight loss can be faster at first for people with more weight to lose. Losing the weight and reaching your goal is such a relatively small portion of your life, that I don't know if it's worth it to worry about individual daily losses. The most important thing is that the plan works.

Actually, let me take that back. The most important thing is to really try to understand why you're where you're at, and what you're going to do to change that for the rest of your life.

The best weight loss stats to go by is the Johns Hopkins study. That's 47 pounds for women and 67 for men in 16 weeks. That was the "average" loss on the "Modified" plan.

I'm of a mind that the longer it takes you to reach your goal, the better chance you have of getting prepared to keep those pounds off for the rest of your life.

Dont look at this as a race to get thin. Look at it as a vehicle to become healthy and establish a new way of living to sustain your health.

All the best,
:D
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to The Weight Room