Working on our self-image

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby 24KaratGold » March 31st, 2005, 5:18 pm

NE gal, that is so awesome! You are such an inspiration. I am so very impressed with how you have held on, and how you have improved your health and body so much so fast. It's exactly what I need to hear on those days (like today) when I'm sitting here whining "I wanna eat real food again!" Thanks for the jolt. ("Girl holders." I love it! :roflmao: )
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 1st, 2005, 7:15 am

Donna....I think your weekly goals are awesome...especially the "getting dressed".... :D .... I too work from home and like you shower always but throw on lounge pants...sw pants...etc.....especially in the FAT PAST...who felt like squeezing into something.......and when we drink the water we do.... :guzzle: ....well ...it was just easier with the elastic waists...if I had to struggle with the pasted on pants when I already waited to long to use the toidy...well...I would never make it... :oops:
Have a great day!!!!..... :hug:

Donna

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Carrie » April 1st, 2005, 11:18 am

My feet have shrunk too, and the funny thing is I didn't realize they'd gotten fat. (go figure, denial at its best, how can a 265 pound woman NOT have fat feet???) I used to have to get 7.5 wide width and now I have to be careful not to walk out of my sandals cause they're too loose. And NOW that I've lost some of the weight I can SEE that they were indeed pudgy little piggys, in fact there is actually DAYLIGHT to be seen between my toes!

The other things I really notice often are my face and hands - they have changed ALOT in 65 pounds, and that little indentation where your collarbone, shoulder and neck meet.....well I didn't have one for years, actually had forgotten all about it, and some time ago I was standing in front of the sink washing my hands, looked up and THERE IT WAS! Back after all these years, it was great!

I guess the more obvious changes would be the inches lost off my waist, hips and bum, but I can't see those as well as the others, <g>.
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby raederle » April 1st, 2005, 3:17 pm

As I was shrinking from 180, I definitely noticed my collarbones first! I know what you mean, Carrie! I think my favorite change was when one day -- miracle of miracles -- I noticed that my butt didn't just keep flowing straight down to my ankles-- I actually had a tiny indentation where my butt met the top of my leg. Who knew? I'd thought I was just supposed to sit on the whole darned apparatus... :lol:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » April 1st, 2005, 5:26 pm

I think as I shrink I notice it most in my face, collar bone too and now my hip bones are starting to show up! Now, mostly when I am laying flat on my back, but it's a start!!

I am losing the "girls" which does not bother me one bit! I like to not have to wear a bra and if I feel my boobs on my skin below I HATE it! I am blessed w/ perkies so when they are not too big I can comfortably go bra-less! This even after 6 years of nursing!!!

Is this too much information?? :oops: Sorry, I just get carried away!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby doglover » April 1st, 2005, 5:30 pm

Hey Donna - I blew it today! I worked this morning on my job and then cleaned house the rest of the day! I was in sweats all day, showered at 3:30 and then put on PJ's! However...my hubby and I ran to the store after dinner so I did have to put on pants (which I am still in!) So not a total waste, but I felt I had a good excuse to not get dressed!

Does anyone else get total pleasure out of a good hard day of housework??? I actually really enjoy it sometimes. Today was one of those days! And oh, the sweet smell of clean! Only one more floor to go (I have 4 floors total) which I will work on Sunday!

Have a great evening everyone. To all the Catholics - our thoughts and prayers to you on a difficult day. :heart:
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 1st, 2005, 5:56 pm

Donna....your too funny.. :lol: .....i'm reading each one of your posts and saying we have such similar ways....the first place I also lose is my face.... & ...as far as my COLLAR BONE....I LOVE IT...when it's visible that is.....I think seeing a girls collar bone is sexy...(or maybe it was the only visible bone I could see?)...and it's such an awesome feeling to lay straight and feel the hip bones stick out.....oh wait a minute...mine don't yet ...but if I get in these awkard positions I can start to see a glimps of it .....and I hear you with "the girls"....I was always fine after nursing but now at 45...? ... :huh: ...well I'll let you know if there still perky when I hit goal...And you ask if anyone gets pleasure from cleaning.........I LOVE when no one's home and I spend hours cleaning....when it's done I just sit back and look at it...I actually go into each room over & over...such a gratifying feeling

Enjoy the night
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Guest » April 18th, 2005, 10:18 am

Hey Donna, I just stumbled across this post and wanted to let you know that I will praying for continued strength for you and your husband. As others have already noted you are an amazing person.

I wanted to say thank you for inspiring me and everyone else on this forum. You are truly a shing light to us. :idea:

DonicaB

Postby DonicaB » April 18th, 2005, 10:19 am

Oops! That guest was me, DonicaB!
DonicaB
Preferred member

Previous

Return to Come on in.