A Word to me from the Man upstairs...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

A Word to me from the Man upstairs...

Postby smiller » September 23rd, 2005, 6:17 am

Morning Friends - hope everyone is doing well and making good choices. If you've been reading posts this week you'll know I've been struggling with staying on program and basically failing miserably. I even rec'd a personal call and e-mail from Miss Nancy herself - I knew I was in trouble then. I have all the excuses -- my husband is out of town fishing in Canada, I'm lonely, I have PMS, I've done so well for a month - a little food reward will do me good... -- Oh yeah, I've got all the excuses. Every morning I wake up and have all the intentions of being the perfect MF participant and somehow by the end of the day, it hasn't exactly worked out that way. So I've been laying on the guilt, condemnation, ect, ect, the same old cycle. I was sitting here this morning trying to stay focused and make good choices today and my mind started to wander to thoughts of what I could eat today and why it would be alright. It was then that I decided to read my devotion for the day - it started out like this -- "Self-pity is destructive and will leave us miserable". Then this was the prayer at the end -- "Lord Jesus help me to keep my eyes on You and off of myself. It is You that I seek to please and from Your hand my reward will come. Give me the wisdom and the strength to continue to be obedient to Your will and seek to do good always, regardless of circumstance." That is exactly what I've been doing all week long - poor ME, lonely ME, I can't do this, I have PMS so I need to eat some food, I, I, I, I, ME, ME, ME, ME... I guess He figured it was time to speak directly to me - Alright, I heard You. Anyway, didn't know if this might be a word for anyone else. Hope it doesn't offend anyone...
Keep looking up, blessings on you, Sheila M.
Psalm 40

Restart 11/2/05
238.8/228.2/175

smiller
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby lauradr » September 23rd, 2005, 6:44 am

This was a great !!
Thank you :lol:
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby dlr2424 » September 23rd, 2005, 7:24 am

Smiller...... :you: ......YOU made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!.... :hug: ..thank you for sharing God with me........ :angel: .....HE can be quite amusing........gives us a little nudge here & there.... :secret: ...... and speak directly to us...........We just always need to listen...... :hide: ......which at times I fall short of....again thank you ...... :rose: ......and I will pray for your committment & strength for all your journeys in life.........keep shaking and God Bless You

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lisa Renee » September 23rd, 2005, 7:48 am

Smiller,

Thanks so much for sharing this with everyone. Yes, it defintely spoke to me. Although I have been 100% compliant this week, my mind constantly wanders and food seems to be such a stronghold! I continue to quote I Cor 10:13 in which it clearly states: No trial has come to you but what is human. God is faithful and will not let you be tried beyond your strength; but with the trial he will also provide a way out, so that you may be able to bear it. He will see you and me and anyone that trusts Him through this. I honestly feel God brought me to Medifast and it was a direct answer to prayer. I had gone the gastric bypass route and submitted to my insurance and fought over the whole thing with them for 2 years! Finally I said "God, if this is not your will, shut the door and open a new one"... The very next week I got a letter from the insurance company denying me AGAIN for surgery even though I had done all they asked. In their letter they wrote that they wanted me to try an even lower calorie diet like "Medifast" for 12 more months. Of course I was pretty ticked off at first and complained and whined to God "Why can't I have this suregery? What am I suppose to do now? "...Well something in my spirit leaped and I felt Him saying "It's right in front of you, I answered you!" So here I am and SO VERY HAPPY that I found Medifast. Even though I am still dealing with temptation on a daily basis, I have found a solution that will actually work for me if I let it. This is all a matter of time. Really, think about it. It's just time. This diet works and it's fool proof, so just put your own will aside and let God be your cruise control and sit back and enjoy the ride. It's only a matter of time and we will all reach our goals. This is the easiest thing we have ever done--if we let it be that way. Don't fight it, give it over to Him and sit back and relax. A whole new life is coming your way!!!
Lisa Renee

Postby Helen » November 8th, 2005, 1:35 pm

Thank you so much! This is what I've been trying to pray to God but couldnt get the words and then here it is. I just re-started on the program on Saturday after a long time away and happy to be back with you all. There is more to this than just poor me and me me me, and the words you mentioned are true. Help me set my eyes on your Lord Jesus for my reward will come out of your hand.

Thanks again!
Helen
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Michelle1210 » November 8th, 2005, 3:55 pm

Awesome word, I throughly enjoyed it, I love it when the Lord seems to smack you over the head ;) :mrgreen:
:-P
Starting Date 10/31/05
Weight 221/208

Michelle1210
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Lisa in NY » November 8th, 2005, 5:33 pm

Lisa Renee,

I've never heard that particular quote before - about trial, etc. - it is really very profound. Thanks for that!

Lisa
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lisa Renee » November 8th, 2005, 7:59 pm

Hey it gets me by every day! Hugs :)
Lisa Renee

Postby mama2benandrachel » November 8th, 2005, 8:40 pm

I KNOW in my spirit that our Father God brought me to this way of life (I cannot think of this as a diet because diet to me means "temporary") and I KNOW that He led me to this forum too.

Sharing your Word from the Lord was what I needed Smiller!!!!! He spoke through you! And Lisa Renee, your testimony was so awesome!

Thank you Lord Jesus for bringing me to Medifast and to this wonderful group of people!

The Scripture I would like to share with you all is: Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 (The Message)
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

great word

Postby deecee » November 10th, 2005, 10:14 am

we can do all things thru christ who give us strength. thanks for sharing. god is always speaking to us and sometimes we choose to listen. i hear it loud and clear and i'll keep praying for you and myself that we will continue to follow his direction. god can help us to stay on track if we just ask and beleive.
dee
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
deecee
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Guest » November 12th, 2005, 9:02 am

Blessings to each of you...

God is good - All the time!

Postby smiller » November 12th, 2005, 9:05 am

Sorry, that was me on the last post - forgot to log in...

You know I struggled for an entire more 6 weeks before getting a grip and have now been back on track for 2 weeks. It is so hard sometimes to stay focused but when I do, the rewards are great.
Keep looking up, blessings on you, Sheila M.
Psalm 40

Restart 11/2/05
238.8/228.2/175

smiller
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room