I am wondering if you can have eggs?

Add your favorite recipes.

recipes/food

Postby heighway » November 9th, 2004, 5:31 pm

:?: I am new to this medifast system. (Just finishing my 2nd day). I am wondering if you can have eggs, boiled or scrambled for your protein meal?
BTW: Reading all these responses sure is a great motivator
heighway

egg answer

Postby mombarnes » November 12th, 2004, 7:10 pm

although I'm also new ... and intimidated answering a question ... but I was also interested to read the following from a post by Nancy. I also love eggs and am on the 5-1 plan.

Nancy wrote:I fixed a nice salad of spinach, red onion, a bit of cucumber and two hard boiled eggs. Eggs work fine on occasion if a person has no cholesterol probs. Women can have a protein serving of 4-5 ounces, men 6-7 ounces. Keep in mind the calories in a lean meat serving - that's why I chose two hard boiled eggs in place of the meat serving. I wouldn't have it every day but once in a while it should be fine. Men could most likely get away with three eggs.
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » November 13th, 2004, 11:15 am

regarding eggs...

:cry: Too bad, so sad, NO eggberts are allowed on the weight loss program. :x

I am on maintenance so I have eggs occasionally. :lol:

They will still be around when you get to your goal weight and you may have them then. Patience, have patience, don't be in such a hurry... :runner:

1 cup of egg substitutes is permitted on the plan for Seniors. (There is a whole separate protocol for seniors.)

I recently made a suggestion to one of our MakeMeThinner Friends who was caught off-guard with no protein in the old refer. I suggested that they have an egg or two rather than having something that is not lean and higher in calories.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Karen » November 13th, 2004, 3:36 pm

well darn!! But, glad I asked. I love eggs... but like you said, they will always be there. I guess I can wait til the weight is gone...
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Lean Cuisine