I will be gone awhile

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I will be gone awhile

Postby Tk » July 10th, 2005, 6:45 pm

Hello all my Medifast friends. I hope all is well with everyone. I have some news to share with you all. Friday, our Uncle Fred passed away. He has been suffering with Lukemia for a few years now. What a horrible feeling to lose someone so close to your heart. I've been off mf since Friday cause my family has been helping with the funeral arrangements. If anyone knows anything about Russian funerals, it's a very detailed process. Today some of the family members went to the church to clean, then I went to my Aunts house to pick up her clothes to wash and iron for her. She is just not capable right now for doing things on her own. I've been going to her house almost everyday to make sure she is eating, her children are busy themselfs preparing for the funeral.

Yesterday my neice was admitted into the hospital with heart problems. She is only 22. Man, when it rains it pours. They are running tests on her to find the damage and to determin what they are going to do for her to make her better. She now has to quit smoking (2 packs aday habit) and she is going nuts in the hospital cause they wont let her smoke. She has been begging for the patch, but the doctor has to prescribe it for her.

My father has the same lukemia that Uncle has died from. He is not doing well with this passing. I don't like seeing him so stressed. My father also has Tourettes Syndrom and his ticks have been horrible since the news of my Uncle passing. It hurts my heart so much.

So, more rain....My oldest brother (his daughter is in the hospital now) has congestive heart failure, and a few months ago had a pacemaker put in. Well, it's not working right and now is going to have surgery to repair or replace it. Man, it just hasnt' been a good few days.

After the funeral and after my brothers surgery we are TAKING A VACATION!!! We will be gone for a week to go camping at the beach. That is my HAPPY place.

I will miss you all while I am away from my computer, I am taking a break from MF until after vacation. Actually, I will be taking MF with me on vacation. Where we go there is no hookups so I won't have electricity so I can't take my blender. I'm gonna shake, shake, shake with my shaker jar. I'm gonna miss my microwave so I guess I am gonna have to boil water to make the soups.

Thank you all for letting me vent, I know there's a rainbow after the rain. But the rain is too much to handle right now.
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » July 10th, 2005, 7:18 pm

Oh my. God bless you and yours. They do say that that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I'm tired of being so bloody strong, though. Hang in there hon. There is a time to every thing under heaven, and I don't think it sounds like this is your Medifast time right now. Sounds like you're all set to get back to it while camping, though.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby mytime » July 10th, 2005, 7:46 pm

TK - I am so terribly sorry for your loss and the strife your family is facing. Please know that you are in my prayers. We will be here when you return and you will be on our minds while away. I am really glad that you and your husband will have some respite eventually. May everything go as smoothly as possible, Bless you, Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby ljm498 » July 11th, 2005, 4:50 am

Oh TK, I'm so sorry you are going through such a terribly tough time. :hug: :hug: :hug: You do what you need to do to get you through this. We'll all be here when you're ready.

Hopefully your vacation will be rejuvenating and help you cope with everything to some extent.

You and your family are in my prayers. Be well!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby aphrael » July 11th, 2005, 7:45 am

TK

Hang in there, with all that your family is going though just getting through each day is hard enough without the added stress of what you are going to eat and when. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Be safe, and hold together. Hopefully your brothers surgery will go well and you can relax on the beach.
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby martha » July 11th, 2005, 8:44 am

TK--
Oh my gosh-- How terrible for you .. I am soo sorry about all the sickness and death you are having to deal with at this time..I am adding you to my prayer list everynight.. Please try not to get to overwhelmed with it all. The stress will cause you to become depressed and that is not good for you .. take care of yourself the best you can.. MF will be here whenever you get it all straightened out.. and we will be here everyday as long as you need us.. Have a great time on vacation and RELAX--you have earned it-- theres nothing more stressful than what you have been going through this week. time will help to heal all the wounds.I can see you are great and it shows in the way you are helping your aunt and your family deal with all of this-Keep your chin up and I will continue to pray for you and your family..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Emma » July 11th, 2005, 9:49 am

TK,

You are in my prayers as well. You and your family are going thru so much now, it can only get better. Enjoy your well deserved vacation and we be here when you get back.

emma
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Tk » July 14th, 2005, 10:13 pm

Hello everyone and thank you all for the kind words and your prayers. The funeral is over and have been catching up on sleep. I had to go back to work on Wednesday but dear honey stayed home, and picked up around the house for me and cleaned the trailer. We will be leaving for camping on Sunday. I started MF again on Wednesday, and i am proud to say, I did not gain any weight while I was off. It was hot and muggy so all I wanted to do was drink water.

My neice is out of the hospital and I am so happy and pleased to say she does not have heart dieses. But she does have anxiety/stress disorder. Work has been very hard on her, and she is having problems with friends and family. The Doctors want to treat her with Prozac, but she is going to see a natural doctor and try natural remedies. She knows she needs help and that is 1 step to recovery. There is a fantastic natural doctor in my area, so I gave her the phone number and now it's up to her to follow thru. I will be keeping tabs on her, she has been calling me almost daily just to talk, talk, talk. I hope I have enough widsdom to say the right words to help her. With Gods help, she can get thru this.

Her father, my brother, was scheduled for surgery on his pacemaker. It has been postponed for a week. We are still going on vacation, and if anything serious happens, we are only gonna be 2 hours away. I invited my neice to come to the beach with us for a few days, just to get away from things, i hope she takes me up on my offer.

Again, I want to say thank you everybody for your kind words to me in my time of need. I love this forum and am blessed with such wonderful "cyber" friends.

Christi - Oh My Gosh!!! I am So proud of you! Keep up the good work. I can hardly wait to loose my weight to have the surgery. I also have a belly monster. Looking at yours, i though, who took my picture and posted it on this forum!! (lol)

Anyways, gotta run, and if I don't post before we leave, good luck to everyone with their weight loss!! I am looking forward to the time away!!
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby martha » July 15th, 2005, 5:53 am

Tk--

So glad to see you back.. hope everything went well for the family.. also glad about your niece not having heart diease..My mom has a pacemaker and is doing well with it..and don't worry--as you said you are only 2 hours away .. You ought to be so proud of yourself for not gaining any weight during all these trials..that's GREAT!! you now need to rest your mind and body and the beach sounds wonderful.. Have a GREAT week and we will be here when you return--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.