Hello to all, it's been awhile...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Hello to all, it's been awhile...

Postby fedup » January 7th, 2005, 8:32 am

Hi all! I haven't posted since late November... December was a tough month in so many ways! Not necessarily just the holidays but a lot going on personally... I have been off program, and am right now getting my mind back in the right place to come back on! I kind of did it in a different way, I didn't really "fall off the wagon" or have a "cheat", instead I made the conscious choice to do the program for a set amount of time, then take a period off, then restart. I know it's risky, and I hope it works for me... but I do believe that with all of your support I can do it this way. I was on 8 weeks before. That was the time line I had set for myself, and I did it with no cheats. I knew December had a lot going on for me, including a once-in-a-lifetime trip, so I planned to take this time off. Now I'm going to do another 6 to 8 week round, or until I meet my goal.

I do feel that I had so much more energy when I was on my MF. This time when I've been eating junky food, I've noticed lately that I feel worse and worse. (I mean physically here, not just emotionally!) I feel bloated, tired, my skin is reacting, I have more headaches. I just feel like the MF helped get rid of so many of the toxins in my body, and now I have them built up again1 :(

So here I am preparing myself to get back on the wagon! I'll let you know when day 1 is, right now I'm running too much due to my SO being in the hospital (another of the reasons it's been a tough time lately!) I have regained some, but I've kept off a lot too so I'm trying to be positive. I'll talk numbers later, not up to that now!

Ravenkat, Dutch, Hawaii, you guys still out there...??? Mike, I'll be adding to that countdown still, just didn't all happen by New Years huh?! Maybe I'll start a new countdown for myself for spring or something. MF rocks, and in many ways I know I should've stayed on till I reached goal, but I also believe that you got to make it work for yourself, and I knew I could do anything if I had a "time period" in mind. So for me that worked. Here I come now for round 2!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby TamiL » January 8th, 2005, 8:14 am

Christy...
Welcome back...Round 2 will be a little tougher than the first time around...it was for me anyways..and Ive had several rounds...lol!!
its almost like the first time around is the easiest....if only we all could be so lucky to have stayed on..untill we reached our goals!! but its a fresh start..and you WILL DO IT!! I made the same kind of decision over the holidays to go off...to save my product untill I KNEW I was ready again to try this once and for all....
and Im on my way to my goal weight...day by day!!

Good to see ya back....
:)
happy shakin when you start again...
Tami :-P
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Dutch's still "here"

Postby Guest » January 8th, 2005, 6:29 pm

Hi, Fedup! I come by now and then to look in. Thanks for mentioning my name -- feels kind of good to be remembered, well, very good!

I need a restart about now, myself, even if the only time I can 'enjoy' is while I'm having my MF and losing, i.e. that might be my thin time, with regains after that somewhat obligatory (due to my food problems).

I'm still thinking -- I usually think the most when I've been particularly "bad".

There IS a solution to this madness, if only one.

Hope things with your SO are on the brighter side and that you're in a place where you can enjoy some peace. Good luck and I'll keep looking in!

Postby RavenKat2 » January 9th, 2005, 7:07 am

hey Christie!

I'm still here. :D Glad you are back!!!!!

Don't know who the mystery guest was, but YOU CAN COME BACK TOO!

Kat
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

Postby DutchChoc » January 9th, 2005, 6:06 pm

Kat, the Guest was I. Thanks -- I do think about it and then I find a reason why it wouldn't be logical to do that again. On the other hand, I'm in a lot of serious slumps and this could be the one bright thing, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

I could try it for a week and see if I feel better so to speak "doing better" by virtue of eating better. Or I could at least try it until my supply of MF materials runs out. I'm still contemplating, as you can tell.

On another very weird front, I might have found my bio father still alive after losing contact for the past 45 or so years. Unfortunately, I'm not sure he will care and/or contact me back, so it's one more emotional eating reason. Frankly, I thought he was dead and I've looked on and off in the Social Security Death Index trying to guess which one he was and/or why I couldn't find him there.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Triskets » January 9th, 2005, 7:29 pm

Hi fedup -

COME ON BACK! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby fedup » January 10th, 2005, 8:58 am

I also think round 2 is gonna be harder... but I guess I can only blame myself huh! I still think that for me taking the break may have been essential. I'm not sure if I could do it in one big long stage... but then again maybe I'm just making excuses for myself! :oops:

Who knows. I know I need to focus on the positive or just let myself keep eating and eating and gain back everything plus some! So guess what guys, I'm gonna focus on the positive. This is my experiment I guess, CAN the medifast thing work for me doing it this way, in chunks of time... I'm not saying others should do it this way, I don't even know yet if it'll work for me or be my "downfall", all I know is it was my idea to do it this way for ME, and lets see if it works. I did 2 months solid on, no cheats. Now I'm embarking on round 2 guessing it'll be around the same amount of time.

Hi Kat, Dutch! Glad to hear you guys are still around. (Dutch, I knew that was you right away under "guest", keep on posting no matter what your doing "food" wise. I know I should have done that more in December.)

So I'm going through my medistash as we speak, making my list for an order, and since I have enough to get me started I'm taking off again! I'll post frequently, and I know I can count on this forum to help me through just like before. I have faith in all of us, and I need to have faith in myself too at this point!
Christy 5'5" age-34
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Carrie » January 10th, 2005, 9:26 am

Hi Christy,

Great to have you back!

Well, we can be 'stagers' together. I've been through 2 full stages of dieting and then maintaining over the past 10 months. Net result? I'm starting the new year 65 pounds lighter.

Yes, of course, I would like to have just lost it all at once, but I find that I cannot maintain my program for that long a period of time. Whether it's the restrictiveness, boredom, complacency, loss of social life, whatever - I just can't do it. So I have decided to take it as it comes and work out a method that works for me.

After deciding it was time to 'get back on the horse', I'm on day 3 of my 3rd weight loss phase. And let me tell you, the restart has not been easy. I was obsessed with food thoughts all weekend and almost caved in any number of times. The only thing that kept me from doing so was to remember that my LONG TERM goal- the one I want more than anything - is to lose more weight.

My goal is to lose 25 pounds before I take another hiatus and then come back once more and lose another 25 to reach my goal. The important thing is that during my hiatus' I do not gain, but do truly maintain my weight. So far I have been successful at that, and this to me truly signifies that I am making lasting change in my life.

Obviously, this way takes longer - but I find it's far preferrable to just giving up in frustration. I see new members come in and have some initial success and then are never heard from again - or I see members disappear only to return a few months later, having gained weight back, and 'start over'. I'm trying to find a way to short-circuit that before it happens to me.

In my opinion, this a 'rest of my life' kinda thing. I'm going to have to work to get the rest of my weight off, but then I'm going to have to work every day to keep it off. So when I look at this as a LIFE change, taking a few extra months to do it doesn't seem so unreasonable. (Yes, when I feel low sometimes I feel like I'm making an excuse - but the bottom line is - I am still here, maintaining my weight loss, and intent on losing more. To me that is success.) For me a life long history of eating in response to unconscious triggers does not get re-programed in a few months. It takes daily work (and I don't always succeed), and the determination to change my life, to change what has eroded my spirit all these years.

I'm committed to seeing this through - no matter how long it takes. (Friday I bought a pair of size 16 petite lee jeans that are really cute on - this for me is a MIRACLE, and I won't give it up for anything!)

Stick with us kid and we'll go places!

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Triskets » January 10th, 2005, 10:43 am

Hi Christy!

In you last post you said

"I also think round 2 is gonna be harder... "

Please remember it's really only those first few days back on plan that are the worst. I've restarted several times and it's the same for me each time - the first few days are the hardest. Determination will see us thru!

Good luck to you girlfriend!

Trish/Triskets
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » January 10th, 2005, 12:44 pm

Hey guys!

Happy to see you again and back in the saddle. Congratulations on your will to be healthy and happy. You will get there as long as you keep trying. Never give up.

I've been away from the forum dealing with a family death. Tough times but being at goal and feeling terrific about myself has made all the difference. It also helps to keep in mind what hundreds of thousands are facing due to the tsunami in Indonesia, a tragedy of biblical scale proportion. I've been really to busy with that and some other things that I've not visited here as much as I want.

I'm keeping everyone in my prayers to keep the faith and have the strength to persevere,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JeweloftheNile » January 10th, 2005, 1:25 pm

fedup, I remember you too!

Thanks so much for posting! Im coming back too so maybe we can restart together. I re-started today and placed my order today.

It's great to see everyone checking in and Im ready!
JOTN
9/3/04
229/207/144-148

1st Goal 209 Oct 26 2004
2nd Goal 199
3rd Goal 179
4th Goal 165
5th Goal 158
6th Goal 148
Goal 144-148 maintained.
JeweloftheNile
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby fedup » January 10th, 2005, 2:05 pm

YEA!!! :) I'm really glad to be back! Carrie, I'm so glad to hear from you! I'm especially glad to be restarting with someone. I'm glad to know I'm not the only "stager" out that. I knew from the beginning I'd have to do stages. I'm hoping to do it in 2 stages. My only regret is that I did gain some back during my "break" I know for me a lot of it had to with not being faithful to my water!! (Oh yeah, and eating enough junk food to sustain an entire city!) The timing of my break was due to a big vacation and the holidays, and those are also times when you're not really eating "normal", but I definitely have learned from my gain. I don't really feel guilty about the break, after all I planned it, but I do feel like I messed up by not maintaining like you did Carrie. I guess this is where I can beat myself up or pick myself up, and I'm gonna pick myself up right now! I'm truly motivated to start back up. Goal weight, here I come.

JOTN- Great to hear your still on here too! I was just so surprised to be away only 1 month and see so many new people here. I guess everyone's hearing how great this MF is huh?

Well guys, I've done my inventorying, cleaned my cupboards, and I'm ready to go. Tomorrow am is my day 1. I was trying to psych myself into waiting till after a family visit that's coming on the weekend, and wait till I go to my favorite Irish restaurant 1 more time.... excuses excuses huh?!! :lol: At this rate I'll still be stalling into March huh! No, I'm done "putting it off". I'm back on tomorrow. Maybe I'll start a thread on my restart or something.

I'm truly excited to be back. I know it's gonna be tough, but I've missed the comradship we get here on the forum, and I've also missed challenging myself and knowing that I can win, I CAN be healthy and look good. (strange, I've almost missed the journey... I always knew I wanted to get to the end result, but Nancy was right when she said one time that the journey can be almost pleasant too... I don't know, hard to explain. It's not like it's fun to "do without", but it IS empowering to know your doing something positive for yourself.... hmmm... something to think about....
Christy 5'5" age-34
fedup
Trusted Member

Return to The Weight Room