Why can't I stop staring at the brownies?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Why can't I stop staring at the brownies?

Postby cydj21 » March 6th, 2006, 12:15 pm

So last night my fiance made himself a batch of brownies. I didn't think much of it. He's made all kinds of goodies since I began my MF journey and I have been minimally tempted, if at all. Today, I can not stop staring at those brownies! I find myself walking over and staring at them, fighting with myself internally about whether or not to have one. I just had some oatmeal, and I added a dollop of fat free Cool Whip to it to try and quiet the urge...it definitely helped....but later on, I bet I am going to find myself in front of those damn brownies again.

:x Why oh why can't I stop thinking about the brownies???
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby falisamarie » March 6th, 2006, 12:33 pm

Cyd--

STEP AWAY FROM THE BROWNIES!!!! Do what I do put them in the oven or in the microwave most times it is true that out of sight is out of mind. Busy yourself doing something anything else. Don't even entertain the thought of "just a little taste" you are strong and you can do this!!! Get them out of your sight this minute!

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » March 6th, 2006, 12:42 pm

Cyd...you are an elite member of the 30# club now!! You don't want to set a bad example for those of us aspiring to be like you do you???? :roflmao:

Seriously, you did good posting here!! Now you know you have accounability and won't let so much as a crumb touch your lips. :) Good job talking it out rather than continue barganing and finding yourself in a compromising position!!! :) :yourock:
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dayna » March 6th, 2006, 1:28 pm

When my husband's birthday cake (I was really sick at the time, so he made it himself) was sitting there on the counter, I had to face it every time I went into the kitchen. It kept calling to me: "Just a taste . . . just a little bite . . . just some of those crumbs off the plate . . . you know you want to . . ." First, I covered it with a paper towel, and finally I had to ask him to do something with it because it kept calling my name. He bagged it up and put it in the freezer (he was taking it to work with him the next day), and as soon as I knew it was in a place and state which would require some effort on my part to have a "taste," the temptation became much easier to deal with. Like you, I've had to deal with minimal cravings and temptations while on plan (to which I say, hallelujah!), but when I HAVE been faced with something that's calling to me, I've had success with either covering it up, or putting it somewhere hard-ish to get to. Once it's not within easy grazing reach (if you know what I mean), once I'm unable to do drive-by nibblings, then the battle is a lot less intense.

You're doing good. Keep the medifaith!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Gwenski » March 6th, 2006, 2:35 pm

They are evil and nasty brownies from the Planet of Unwanted Pounds.

Trust me, they don't taste like you think they do and will not and cannot make you happy.

Out of sight and out of mind is the best way to go. Lock them outside in car or bury them in the garage.

Always weird to me when suddenly something looks too good to be true and magically we begin to have tunnel vision on that one thing. You will be fine but for now get them away....far far AWAY!!!!

You are fine - it's the brownies not you - clearly something is wrong with them - yuck, poo --- YOU SO DO NOT WANT THEM!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski

Postby ktrout » March 6th, 2006, 3:11 pm

Are they "special" brownies ? The kind from my youth ? LOL !

But seriously, put them out of sight and out of mind. Or make him eat all of them so you can't have any. What ever it takes to stop your urge to eat them. You could also take a pound of lard and put it on the counter next to them. It would be a prety accurate cause and effect statement.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout

Postby DogMa » March 6th, 2006, 3:21 pm

Dayna, I was going to suggest freezing them, too. They definitely need to be moved where you can't see - or smell - them!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby cydj21 » March 6th, 2006, 4:06 pm

Phew! Thank goodness for all of you! :lol:

Ok, so the brownies are still calling for me...but you are all so right. Gwenski...I think I've had just about enough of the evil nasty brownies from the Planet of Unwanted Pounds in my lifetime. :lol: I think I will pass, thank you very much. :mrgreen:

So far I haven't eaten one. I keep talking myself out of it by saying..."If you don't eat it, it's still going to be there if you really just have to have it later." So far the little procrastination game is working even though I have no intention of having one later. :D

Thank you all for your support. I think I will leave one in a Ziploc so the fiance can have one if he wants after dinner and then freeze the rest on him....he can thaw them when he wants one. 8)

Thanks, again! You are all terrific.
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21

Oh no, Not brownies!!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » March 6th, 2006, 8:41 pm

Imagine each brownie as a big glob of fat!!! Ewwwwwww!

You've done a great job staying away from them. Get your before pic and have a new pic taken and put them side by side...look at those pics when your feeling weak.

And you "procrastination game" is exactly how have almost 6 months smokefree...lol At first, it was one more hour then if you still want one. Then, well ya made it through that hour..try one more...those hours turned into days, then weeks, then months. :D You are a very wise woman!

You can do it!!!

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to The Weight Room