When should I worry?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

When should I worry?

Postby Quartercircle » March 24th, 2007, 10:53 pm

3 days ago I weighted it at 272.5, then the next day at 273.4 and then 273.4 again today.

I know this happens here and there (and it sucks!) but how long without weightloss (or maybe even minor gain :( ) should I go until I wonder whats up.

I have 2-3 shakes a day, a bar, a L&G (usually with a boca burger) and fill the other 1-2 (depending on how many shakes I had) with supplements, and never eat more or less than 6 times a day, 3 hours between. Tall glass of water with each meal and another between each...

So yeah, how long should I want to wait before I worry?
Quartercircle

Postby Mike » March 25th, 2007, 12:14 am

I'm thinking.... weight once a week. If there is no progress at that point, then perhaps look at when you are having the meal replacements. When is the last one at night versus the first one the next day, and also, when you have the bar if you do.

I wouldn't stress over a 3 day period of slight fluctuation, but if this persists over a couple weeks, then you might want to look at what you are having for your L&G and what kind of Boca Burger that is... some have varying amounts of fat I believe.

Hope this helps. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Quartercircle » March 25th, 2007, 12:34 am

Yeah, I'm not to stressed over just 3 days, I just wondered if I eating my meals on the dot then what'd be up, and how long to wait before getting a tad stressed :) (I eat exactly basically on the 3 hour marks, meaning one right when I get up and one 30mins before bed)

Boca is a brand, and the one mentioned by medifast so I'm pretty sure I'm safe here (I perfer chicken, but the last bag I got has a glucose solution, so I'm not sure if its okay.

I have the bar no later than the 4th meal, as I know its cal heavy compared to everything.
Quartercircle

Postby bikipatra » March 25th, 2007, 12:46 am

Boca's are higher in carbs and lower in protein than most other lean options and some supplements like bars have more carbs than others. Have you used a program like Fitday (or just a piece of paper) to see the ration of your carbs to proteins? You might not be getting enough protein.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Quartercircle » March 25th, 2007, 1:04 am

ah wow, you are right, I think the boca burgers have nearly half the protein as 7oz chicken, I'm going to switch back soon, got a few boca burgers left, I'll cut them down to one a week.
Quartercircle

Postby bikipatra » March 25th, 2007, 1:35 am

Quartercircle wrote:ah wow, you are right, I think the boca burgers have nearly half the protein as 7oz chicken, I'm going to switch back soon, got a few boca burgers left, I'll cut them down to one a week.

I hope it works for you!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Tawanda » March 25th, 2007, 6:52 am

Just today the scale moved downward for the first time in 9 days. It bounced back and forth with the same .5# and then got truly stuck for awhile. Today the scale showed a pound loss. If you stay compliant and if you stick to it during the discouraging stall, then it will come off. I wish you the best..
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby smartipantz » March 25th, 2007, 9:12 am

Tawanda,

Just work the program to the tee and the weight has nowhere to go but off. Make sure you are drinking TONS and TONS of water because I know if I don't get in at least 64 oz of water, my weight loss slows down.

Have you taken measurements? Sometimes we are so fixed on weight loss that we forget that our bodies are slimming down even without the weight loss showing up. Please do so! Don't be a slave to the scale! Remember us women tend to retain water during certain times of the month and that makes a difference.

Keep up the great work! The program works trust me!!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » March 25th, 2007, 3:33 pm

smartipantz wrote:
Keep up the great work! The program works trust me!!

Smarti

....besides, she is Smartipantz
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby smartipantz » March 25th, 2007, 4:41 pm

I do resemble that remark as you know!! :)
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby fairladyj » March 26th, 2007, 12:17 pm

I've found that when I eat on the high end of the carb range, I lose slower or not at all.

The tracking suggestion is good - at least for a while, and you can see what effect a change may have

Good Luck!
Jennifer in Michigan

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!
fairladyj
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby worldawind » March 28th, 2007, 5:23 am

Don't know if it will help but I read you should have the bar in the morning. Time to burn off the extra calories it has.
Started: Feb. 20, 2007
worldawind

Postby Diana » March 31st, 2007, 1:12 am

...or sometimes skip the bar altogether and opt for something with fewer carbs.

There are all kinds of reasons the scale could be hovering. If you see no progress going on 3 weeks, I'd say it's definitely time to revisit your program plan with your Health Advisor. Even though there's a book to go by (hence, "By the Book"), there's a fair amount of adjusting and tweaking that can make a lot of difference.

For me, it was drinking more water, then starting a walking program (to which I'm not 100% committed :sigh:), and cutting down on the higher carb selections.

Remember, all you can do is set up the conditions for weight loss. Your body determines the rate, etc. And every once in a while, your body kind of stops for a while as if to take inventory before it will continue with the weight loss.

Also, remember that the scale is not your only source of data (here we go again -- the "frustrated science teacher"). There are times your weight will hover while your body changes.

All this to say.... This isn't a straight journey (I-80 through the salt flats in Utah comes to mind). There will be lots of course corrections along the way. Attitude is everything; repeat after me, class, "Under no circumstances shall I beat myself up over a silly piece of plastic and metal which I can just as easily stomp on or chuck out the window."

Not that I think your beating yourself up... Just remember not to go down that road. So totally not worth it. :mrgreen:

Cheers, Quarter! Keep shakin! :buddies:
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Return to Weight Loss