What is your reward ?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

What is your reward ?

Postby elle4nelly » September 8th, 2004, 9:20 am

Hi gang!

I was curious and wanted to know, what are you guys going to reward yourself with when you finally reach your fantastic weight loss goal?

Let me see..I'll start...I want Clothes, lots of them, the kind I always admire in Shopping Windows but ccan't buy now 'cause I'm a Chubette. And I'll also take 2 Martinis with the shopping spree. Razzzzzberry Marinis please.
I'll also take George Clooney, Sting, Bono form U2, Brad Pitt( yeah Jen--get lost), keanu reeves....hughh..there's more but I can't remember right now! 8)
Well ..that would be my reward. What's yours?

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Sylvia » September 8th, 2004, 9:31 am

I'm with you on the clothes thing. I've actually had to do a bit of shopping throughout as I'm not even close to fitting into the clothes I was wearing when I started.

I'm at a point where I don't think my sizes will change dramatically when I reach my goal, so I've been slowly but surely buying new skinny clothes.

I should get to my goal by about November 1 and am planning a major shopping spree to a nearby outlet mall right after Christmas to take advantage of all of the sales.

My husband just asked me the other day what I wanted for reaching the major milestone of 50 pounds. I said "nothing"! Frankly, getting here is a gift in and of itself. I'm looking forward to buying clothes and to having shopping (my favorite pastime) be really fun again, but I'm so happy with how I look and feel that I really don't need any other rewards.

S
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Carrie » September 8th, 2004, 10:39 am

Yah, I agree on the clothes thing. Though I don't want scads of clothes, it will definitely be nice to be able to enjoy clothes shopping. AND DO IT IN THE REGULAR SIZED SECTION!!!!

I want to get my spider veins fixed so that I can wear shorts again (I don't really see that as a reward) - the process of it anyway.

I've promised myself that if I hit my goal weight I will purchase a vintage National Tricone resonator guitar (circa 1930's), which will set me back anywhere from 8k-15k. I consider that quite a 'prize'. It's the 'ultimate' guitar as far as I'm concerned, but I've never been able to justify spending that much.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby Landylue » September 8th, 2004, 10:50 am

Besides a cruise to Alaska (with or without my husband) clothes--good clothes--with waists. Quality suits. And NONE of it from Lane Bryants or Catherine's.

Just 16 more lbs, and don't be between me and the stores! It sounds close, but the rate I'm going it will be next summer. Ah well, I'm alot closer than I was two years ago.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 8th, 2004, 11:07 am

Great thread!

I'll be buying one fantastic pair of flare bottom jeans - not the low hip huggers - that's for twenty-something gals IMHO, the new computer game The Sims 2 so I can design houses and rooms to my heart's content, and a new hairstyle. I'm then gonna put on my new jeans and see if I can drive "Hoss" my husband's new Fat Boy Harley-Davidson. Gotta look good on that beautiful chrome and black machine or it's a travesty. :thumbup:

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » September 8th, 2004, 1:48 pm

So let me get this straight, Nelly, what you really want is to be a skinny, slightly inebriated, well-dressed Hollywood harlot? LOLOLOL
I'm kidding of course--all the movie star talk just made me giggle!
I haven't really thought about what my "big" reward will be when I'm "there". Now that I'm on the subject, though, I imagine it'll be a trip/vacation because traveling is what I love to do. Hubby and I always said that we would see Greece on our fifth anniversary if we were still childless, but on our fifth anniversary I was out to *here* with my first baby! LOL Maybe that'd be a good goal, but I hate to take the kids overseas so maybe something nice but close.
Hey I know! Camille, do you have a guest room!? LOL If not, can one of your kids skooch over? LOL ;)

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 8th, 2004, 2:20 pm

Susanna,

Sure wish I did have room - we'd have one heck of a get together over here! Can someone win the lottery over there (we don't have one in Hawaii) - then we could rent a vacation home on the north shore or maybe in Nancy's fav spot on Kauai - a Medifast luau! :cheers:

With fond aloha,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Nancy » September 8th, 2004, 8:54 pm

Oh, yeah! I am definitely enjoying this thread! Nelly, how did you come up with this?

Landy – what a c-c-c-cool idea – a cruise to Alaska and I’m sure it will be a beautiful land to see. You are almost to your goal – it won’t take until next year – none of that nugatory talk, Landy Girl. Your goal is just around the corner. How wonderful you’ll look in those new outfits WITH waistbands! :kool:

Carrie, you’ll bring new meaning to the word ROCK! Wow! You’ll have to write some tuneage – maybe something about MakeMeThinner, eh? Sheesh! With that pricey guitar hangin’ around your neck, and your thinner bod, trust me, no body will be looking at your spider veins! (I know from personal experience! I stopped by the college where I used to work today to drop off a few things that I thought my former co-worker would enjoy – I have been cleaning out cupboards. I was wearing a pair of heels, some cute little jean Capris and a very form fitting lime green shirt with cutouts on the sleeves. In the hallway I met a part-time faculty guy and he was NOT looking at the spider vein on my calf…He said, “HELL-OH, NAN-CY! I have really missed you and My, oh my! You look very tan, very happy and VER-RY VER-RY good.” :hmmm: I think I will go back to the college once a week…) Carrie, you just keep on drinking those shakes, avoiding those temptations and you will be wearing those regular-sized clothes all too soon. :toast:

Sylvia, what a good idea to look forward to the after holiday sales – you’ll get some good buys, I’m sure. You mentioned that you don’t think your size will change much from now on – you might be surprised! Don’t buy too many things until you reach your goal. I had to pass some things on to others that I thought would fit me for sure. Visit Goodies and VV’s (Value Village) until you reach your goal. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels and it is neat that you are already feeling that thin feeling! Whee! :yeah:

Nelly, you’ll be giving the :tongue: razzberry to those former Chubbette clothes, for sure! You are on your weigh to a whole new shopping experience. I think the guys you mentioned may be taken but you know what, they will be joining YOUR fan club when you reach your goal! In the meantime, your MakeMeThinner Fan Club is right here, encouraging you and helping you to reach your goal. Maybe a concert ticket would make a good reward!

It would be so fun to have a Medifast Luau! YES!

Gerald started a post a while back about where we could meet. Kauai is our fave spot – we have a time share there and get to visit every other year. Actually we have never been to any other island except to see Camille’s airport and Waikiki Beach – haven’t seen her north shore or any of her shores. Property is mondo $$ there and most people have tiny hula huts. Shake those skinny hula hips! Can’tcha just see Camille punching the wind wearing her new flare leg jeans, new hairstyle and zipping about on chromey Hoss?!

Catherine's and Lane Bryant lost a lot of revenue when I started Medifast - it seems like their customer list will be shrinking some more! :roll:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lois » September 9th, 2004, 8:26 am

Hello all,

HHhmmmmm........

Just YESTERDAY I started leafing through catalogues and marking the pages of SKINNY CLOTHES I'd like to get when I reach my goal. I am committed to buying QUALITY clothing for myself (for the first time in my life, can you believe it?! :shock: ) and to GETTING RID OF ALL MY FAT CLOTHES....exept for one pair of "hugely baggy" pants that will serve as PROOF of my former size!

Also, I am planning to get a fabulous tattoo....I already have one and I am so excited about the second one: a permanent reminder of my permanent weight loss!

April 2005 will be our 25th wedding anniversary. We are planning to go to beautiful Steamboat Springs Colorado. I intend to hike in the mountains, canoe on the rivers, swim in a little bitty bathing suit, and go in the hot springs NAKED after dark :shock: These are SKINNY DREAMS, sistas! Definitely not possible at my former 230 pounds!!!!!!!!!

Thank God for MF and this wonderful forum....

love and hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby elle4nelly » September 9th, 2004, 9:23 am

:D :D

Don't we all ROCK?

Can't wait for everyone to reach their goal!

Now let's work on getting those rewards !!!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby izabelle » September 11th, 2004, 4:57 pm

Cleaning the house naked and not caring who peeks in! :shock:

Just kidding (sort of)

A belly button ring to draw attention to the new waistline! Preferrably one with a "real" diamond. I think hubby would buy me anything I wanted just to get to see me clean that house. LOL
izabelle

Postby Lois » September 11th, 2004, 5:05 pm

I think belly button rings are SOOooooo cute 8)
Lois

jeans

Postby susan » September 11th, 2004, 6:48 pm

I want to wear acute pair of jeans and atop that looks good on me.
susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room