What size?

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby Sarya » July 24th, 2006, 6:25 am

Lori, you're right so I editted my post to explain I went from a size 20 at lane bryant to a size 14 or 16 misses at target/kohl's.

I didn't realize lane bryant sold a size 12W. I've never seen one.

Regardless, I'm so happy to say I can't shop there anymore!
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby loriannk » July 24th, 2006, 6:29 am

Lane Bryant doesnt go to 12 W but I have seen some plus size stores that do. So that is why I said some go as low as 12W.

I wasnt trying to burst anyones bubble. It just puzzled me how someone 30 lbs or more heavier then me fit in the same size. So I assumed they were in W sizes and just may have not realized it.
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » July 24th, 2006, 6:42 am

loriannk wrote:I am going to post my 2 cents and hope it doesn't upset anyone.

It seems some are forgetting that there is a difference between plus sizes and misses sizes. If you shop at catherines and Lane Bryant those are plus size stores but you can get sizes all the way down to 12w at some. But most of the time those stores don't put the W next to the sizes.

A 14W = misses 18 pant sizes. (I compared Lane Bryant plus sizes to JcPenney's misses sizes)

So saying that, I started at 218 lbs and wore a 22W pant with a 2x shirt. Now weighing in at 162 I fit into 14 MISSES and can get up and zipped size 12's but would not wear them in public. I also wear xl misses shirts but some large t shirts fit fine too.

Yep that's true. I know I'm a 12 misses in todays sizes. I have a business trip and had to buy business skirts and jackets shirts and a cocktail dress. I went to JCpenney, Filenes, Dress Barn, TJ Maxx, every 12 fit me. My measurements are 40.5 hips, 31 waist as of this morning. It's a far cry from my 50 inch hips I used to have.

My point and my point most of my life is that it doesn't matter what the scale says so much. I go by my measurement because I always weigh than someone who wears the same exact size as me, I weigh more. I've had people tell me here, that it was shocking that I weighed what I did and fit into a certain size. I'm 5 ft 8, I know that has a lot to do with it.
FluffyNoMore

Postby loriannk » July 24th, 2006, 7:19 am

You are so right. Height does have a lot to do with how clothing fit as well. I didn't really want to upset anyone. I was just pointing out the difference in sizes that some may not realize.
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Postby Sarya » July 24th, 2006, 7:34 am

It also has a lot to do with body shape. I can fit into smaller sizes that women who weigh less than me can't because they have much larger hips and butt than I do. But then they also have a nice waist where me? not so much.
Sarya

Postby GucciGoo » July 24th, 2006, 8:12 am

I am 5'5 and currently weigh 155. I wear a size 12 bottom and M top.

When I was 175 I wore a size 16 bottom and L-XL top.

After pregnancy, at 200 lbs, I wore XL everything and XXL shirts. But I wanted the comfort of baggy clothes.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby Arklahoma » July 25th, 2006, 2:03 am

Thanks for the clarification Lori ~ I don't ever remember wearing a misses size so I had no idea how these compared to plus sizes.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'