What happend to Chocolate Divine?

Questions/Comments about Ordering Products.

What happend to Chocolate Divine?

Postby fuyu » October 24th, 2006, 12:39 pm

Question: Has the Chocolate Divine been replaced with "Chocolate Bar"?

Last week, I ordered my next supply for the month and ordered Chocholate Divine. Yesterday I opened my box of goodies, and to my suprise I received "Chocolate Bar" instead of Chocolate Divine.. Correct me if I'm wrong but this isn't the Diabetic bars are they? They seem to be new? I hope Divine hasn't been replaced with these...

The "Chocolate Bar" bars are very tough to bite into! :( The taste is okay, but .. I want my Chocolate Divine!!
fuyu

Postby Nancy » October 24th, 2006, 4:23 pm

Yikes! I know what you mean! I order Chocolate Divine Bars each month, too. I just got my BeSlim Club order yesterday and I thought, "Drat! I must have gotten the diabetic Chocolate Bars."

When I read the Nutrition analysis, it shows 160 Calories and then I thought - okay, they are the regular ones. When I read your post, I bipped out to the pantry, opened it up the box (It is a bit larger than the other boxes we are used to) and noticed the bar package felt bumpy. I ripped it open and found a chocolate covered crunchy bar much different from my beloved Chocolate Divine.

I must say, I am very surprised. I am not trying to sound snooty here, but I am a presidential director for the company and I usually know what's goin' on. I know the bars are being reformulated to eliminate the corn syrup but this again surprised me that there was no formal announcement, at least to leadership...

I called immediately to see what we got, fuyu - the Call Center has not been notified of any formula changes either so...if you do not like them, you may call the TSFL Call Center at 1 (800) 572-4417 with your order number and they will send you a replacement box. I will check with Health Advisor Services tomorrow and when I know something juicy, I'll letcha know.

It's a mystery!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby fuyu » October 24th, 2006, 5:25 pm

Hi Nancy! Thanks for your reply and looking into what's going on! I actually don't buy through TSFL but through the medifast site (to use bill me later for my orders), can I still call that number?

EEP! Something fishy is going on!! So it wasn't a mistake! I was thinking.. well, maybe they were out. and just gave me these instead. But I looked and didn't see this bar on the website at all.

Have you tasted a bar yet? Oh my gosh... :(
If they're being reforumlated I don't mind, but does the whole bar have to change? It's consistancy is so tough, and hard to bite into. :(
fuyu

Postby bdg » October 24th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Joelie had the same issue. They came in and she doesn't care for them near as much as she did her beloved Chocolate Devine.
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Postby Nancy » October 24th, 2006, 6:08 pm

Fuyu ~

If you order through Medifast and are not pleased with your products, you will need to call Medifast at (800) 638-7867
You will need to have your order number handy - exchanges must be done within 30 days.

:scratch: I thought at first the box had been mislabeled - you know, sort of a combination Chocolate Bar for diabetics label and a Chocolate Divine box.

The reason I thought it might have been a mislabel is because the box has the diabetic warning in the lower right-hand side of the box that the diabetic product boxes contain: "Diabetics: This product contains chromium polynicotinate, which may enhance insulin sensitivity. Use only under the supervision of a physician."

:shades: At first glance, the nutritional analysis appeared to be the ‘usual’ totals for the regular bar line but when I compare this newer box to my standard Chocolate Divine Bar Box, there is a difference –

Chocolate Divine / “New Chocolate Bar”
Cals 160 Cals 160

Total fat 4 g; sat fat 2.5 g Total fat 5 g; sat fat 3 g Trans Fat 0 g

Cholesterol: 0 Cholesterol: 0

Sodium: 160 mg Sodium: 160 mg

Potassium: 340 mg Potassium: 270 mg

Carbs: 21 g Carbs: 20 g

Dietary Fiber 2 g Dietary Fiber 4 g

Sugars 16 g Sugars 11 g

Protein 10 g Protein 11 g

We had a taste test here at the ol' MakeMeThinner Cottage – my husband Terry, daughter Becky and I tried it.

Our Findings:

It is drier, chewier and crunchier.
The coating tastes like the coating on the diabetic Chocolate Bar.
It has larger pieces of peanut in it.
Terry thought it was a nice change.
Becky thought it was all right – it needs some salt!
I liked it but I will have to really think about it after I’ve had it a few times.

:roll: For some you readers, this will be TMI…I like the Caramel Nut bars very much but when I eat them, I have to hang out on the porch for a while and count the stars - :oops: they give me gas and I hate being referred to as “Toots LaRue”…so I’ll see how well I deal with the Chocolate Bar before I make my final decision…
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby bdg » October 24th, 2006, 6:30 pm

Another interesting thing is the box says on the bottom, Chocolate Divine, though on the front just Chocolate Bar. Which confirmed to Joelie that it was correct, but a reformulation. At first we thought it was the diabetic bar too.
bdg

Postby Serendipity » October 25th, 2006, 7:16 am

They had better not touch my Lemon Fantasy bars!!!!! :x :x :x :x
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Drama Queen » October 25th, 2006, 8:27 am

I'm with you, Jo.

LEMON FANTASY BARS are my absolute fave!!! They are the only bars I still eat on maintenance because they are so yummy!!

Leave them alone MediFast!!! Or you will have me to contend with! :whip: :shoot: :whip:
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Peanut Butter bars have changed!!!!!!!! :(

Postby fuyu » October 25th, 2006, 10:17 am

DARN IT!!!!!

This morning I opened my box of Peanut Butter bars.... AND IT LOOKS LIKE they changed the flavor of the Peanut Butter bars!!!!!! :x It's... rubbery.. and the taste isn't as good as it used to be!!

Oh my gosh.. if anyone has had a new shipment of the Oatmeal bars, please do tell who they taste?? Those were my most favorite along side the Chocolate Divine..! :(
fuyu

Postby Nancy » October 25th, 2006, 2:42 pm

Okay Folks, just as I promised ya...

I contacted Medifast/TSFL HQ to get the skinny on the Chocolate Divines.

:mrgreen: Please sit down, breathe slowly and deliberately...

The purpose for reformulation is to eliminate the high fructose corn syrup and to make the bars tasty while maintaining its healthy quality.

Take Shape For Life/Medifast want to make our program simple for people to follow, convenient for busy people so we don't have to do a lot of preparation but the major focus is to provide high quality healthy foods - healthy fast foods.

Well, here’s what I found out…

“Medifast recently adjusted the recipe of the various Medifast bars slightly to improve overall taste and flavor. The recipe change may have affected the texture and size of the bar slightly, so it is normal if your most recent shipment of bars looks and tastes a little different than what you've had previously.

All of the bar names remain the same, except for the Chocolate Divine Bar and the Lemon Fantasy Bar. They have been changed to Chocolate and Lemon Yogurt respectively.

We hope that you enjoy these great tasting and new and improved bars.”

:whattha: Gulp! Jo, Drama Queen, Unca, Nancy….

Our Lemon Fantasy Bars!!!! :table:

I haven’t gotten any of the new Lemon Yogurt bars …yet.

When you guys do, let us know how they taste!

I’ve read the comments above and in numerous other posts; I realize some of you use other meal replacement products and of course it is your choice to do so.

You know I am not gonna support the use of a non-Medifast meal replacement product for our Take Shape For Life weight management programs.

Yep, there are other power bars available, some folks are eating ‘em and evidently they work just fine and help them to keep making progress with their weight loss.

As a Health Coach for Take Shape For Life/Medifast, I support the company’s program and we personally use all of the products here at the old MakeMeThinner Cottage. There are some that I do not prefer (Swiss Mocha cough, hack, :eck: gag) and therefore, I do not order or eat it but we use a variety of the Medifast products every day; our whole family does – my elderly parents, my brother-in-law, my brother, my niece, my daughter, son-in-law, 16 month old grandson and countless friends.

We use them because the meal replacements are healthy, high quality and they taste good. I know what is inthem and that makes us feel good when we feed them to Nick, the grandkid and we know they will not interfere with my Daddy's heart medications. There's sumpin' good 'n healthy for everyone!

People who work for Ford Motor Company sometimes ride in Chevys but most likely you’re not gonna find one parked permanently in their garage, eh?

Our TSFL program is proven, the products are high quality and help thousands of people improve their health and manage their weight.

I try to find things that will enhance our success and to share them with you and I so appreciate the way you Special MMT Readers do the same – that’s what is so cool about our Forum – we work together to help one another to find our way in this foody world.

Medifast/TSFL have given us a variety of flavors of bars and other products to choose from and I will honestly tell you this, I appreciate the Medifast Company for the additional products that have been added over the years.

When I started on my weight loss journey in 2002, there were very few choices – four flavors of shakes (Choc, Niller, Strawberry and Orange-Pineapple), chicken noodle soup and creamy chicken soup. I was so thankful to find this program, to be able to lose weight and I truly would have eaten cat doo if it meant that I could lose weight.

In the beginning I had to remind myself that the Medifast foods are what they are – they are meal replacements.

The Medifast Caramel Nut bars are not Snickers and they are not M&Ms, they are healthy protein meal replacements. Medifast Soy Crisps are not Cool Ranch Doritos, Medifast Pudding is not Haagen-Dazs and a lean and green meal is not gonna taste like a chicken fried steak smothered in country gravy!

I have :scratchhead: calorie amnesia and I need to have my meals designed for me because for thirty some of my 58 years, I totally failed at forking in the right kind of food. I selected the wrong foods and shoved in way too much of it; I still must consciously choose the right amount of food or I can easily overeat.

I know it is hard to adjust when changes are made – I liked the Chocolate Divines and the Lemon Fantasy bars just the way they were – they were my faves! But believe me, I am grateful to have what I have…please don’t take my Medigrub away! I have to keep whipping my tongue into shape - it's not all about me and my tongue, it's about my health. :lol:

From my :heart: - keep on keeping on and shaking it off - you are :thumbup:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby bdg » October 25th, 2006, 6:02 pm

One last thing. I like the new "Chocolate Bar" Boring name, good flavor for me. Hope the Lemon Yogurt bar is good too, although I haven't ordered any in a while.
bdg

Postby Nancy » October 25th, 2006, 7:34 pm

Yeah bdg, it IS sort of a snore... :snooze:

It is very crunchy and chewy.

It isn't something ya can sneak if there are kids around - they'll hear ya munching on it. It also is not a good thing to try to eat when you're on the phone!

:secret: Toots LaRue is still making a determination as to whether or not it is something she can eat while sitting in extended meetings or while on a plane in cramped quarters... :hmmm:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Nancy » October 25th, 2006, 8:40 pm

Hey there, fuyu ~

:oops: I didn't mean to ignore your comment about the PB bars...

I've :shades: noticed over the last few months that some of the bars have changed - it all started about May-ish if I :scratchhead: remember correctly. It seemed like it all began with the S'mores and the Fruit and Nuts.

Then I noticed that the Caramel Nut bars were shorter and wider and they looked chewier. I got some Chocolate Mints that were wider and shorter, too and they seemed somewhat different than before.

For the most part, I like the changes.

The Chocolate Divine and the Lemon Fantasy were the very first bars I ever ate and I rather like that chewy fudginess of the Chocolate Divine but evidently in terms of what it better for us health-wise, the company has opted for health over our (and Leopard Woman’s)personal preference!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby DogMa » October 25th, 2006, 9:15 pm

So far, just two of the bars don't have HFCS. The others will continue to have it until sometime next year, the company says.
Last edited by DogMa on October 26th, 2006, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » October 26th, 2006, 2:13 pm

Nancy,
Thanks for the information. It helps to let others know what is happening and what is to come. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to Order Info