What are your favorite jeans??

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

What are your favorite jeans??

Postby supermom » August 19th, 2006, 1:23 pm

I am needing to buy some jeans. I am in a state of confusion, though!! I haven't worn jeans in soooooo long. I have one pair of jeans, Levi 550 size 22W. WAAAAAYYYY too big. I have moved the buttom 4 times. Now, they look like a potatoe sack that is just gathered and wadded up somewhere in the vicinity of my waist.

I still have a belly. I am shrinking elsewhere, just not my belly or my boobs. So, by the time I get a pair of jeans that fit the waist and tummy without me spilling over the top and having the infamous muffin tops, they are HUGE on my legs.

So, I ask all of you, what are your favorite jeans? I don't like boot cut or flare legs on me at all. They are fine on some people, but straight and somewhat tapered legs are what I prefer. Any suggestions??
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby alpha femme » August 19th, 2006, 1:43 pm

old navy boot cut, just below waist.

they are an awesome fit for me.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » August 19th, 2006, 2:00 pm

Used to love Wrangler Aura boot cut, but they're too big in the thigh for me now. These days my favorites are Villager boot cut or Levi's 550s boot cut. Both fit at the natural waist (actually a bit higher on me since I'm short). and have a tiny bit of stretch so they move more easily (1% Lycra, I believe).

I won't wear anything straight-legged or tapered anymore after watching the BBC version of "What Not to Wear" enough times (they tend to make your tushy look bigger). I only do boot cut.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Aerie » August 19th, 2006, 2:11 pm

Honestly I love the pair in my closet that has the smallest number on the tag. But seriously NY Jeans are my favorite, in the boot cut.
Aerie

Postby supermom » August 19th, 2006, 2:35 pm

Okay----everyone seems to like the boot cut but me. The reason I don't like them is because I feel like they make my foot disappear. I have such small feet---I feel like they just can't be seen with the boot cut. Then, there is the whole issue of what kind of shoes do I wear?? I usually only wear boots (full quill ostrich anderson bean ropers with a crepe sole) or loafers of some sort. I have heels, my dad is obsessed with keeping me in fine footwear. I just don't like the way they feel on my feet. You see, I have this problem. I was born with some bones missing in my feet. So, my big toe somewhat resembles a thumb. If even kind of grows out of my foot like a thumb does your hand. So, with dressy shoes, there is always this big crack between my firts toe (which I refer to as my thumb toe) and my second toe (which I call my pointer toe, since it is so long) and you can see part of my toenail from my thumb toe even in closed toe shoes. With sandals, my thumb toe tends to hang out of the straps. Yes, I do occassionally wear dressy shoes, but not for long and only certain pairs. So, I don't know what to do. Shoes?? Jeans??? PLEASE help!!
supermom

Postby Sarya » August 19th, 2006, 2:40 pm

I like lee and levi stretch boot cut. they have a low waist so it's not tight like the natural waist jeans.
Sarya

Postby DogMa » August 19th, 2006, 3:34 pm

I usually wear sneakers or cowboy boots with mine. Boots when it's cold, sneakers when it's hot.

You might give boot-cut another try, though. Maybe they were wider before because you wore a bigger size? I don't know that mine are wide enough that you can't see my feet (my feet aren't tiny, but I'm around a size 6 or 6.5).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Prancer » August 19th, 2006, 4:04 pm

I prefer a straight leg to a boot cut mainly because I am an upside down triangle. I need to find some that are cut smaller thru the butt, and legs. I saw my mom and sister for the first time today (since starting MF) and they said "get some clothes that fit" Well my jeans do fit my waiste, just not my butt and leggs.
Prancer

Postby Sarya » August 19th, 2006, 4:20 pm

Jenn, look at low waist jeans. If I get jeans to fit my waist I look like I have huge bags on my legs. Buying the low waist jeans has helped with that since I'm fitting to my hips instead. The legs are smaller when the hips are. Also look at fitted cut as oppose to relaxed if the legs are still too baggy.

I'm not sure what size you are but some of the venezia jeans at Lane Bryant are cut like this. Also levi's and lee make some cut like this.
Sarya

Postby supermom » August 19th, 2006, 4:58 pm

That's me too, Jenn. I am smaller in the hips and thighs. And, to add insult to injury, I have a serious case of "pancake a$$". It is so flat!
supermom

Postby alpha femme » August 19th, 2006, 5:20 pm

if you have a flat butt, you might want to check out levis.
they are notoriously sparse in the seat.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Sarya » August 19th, 2006, 5:36 pm

That must be why I like them :shock: I am also "sparce" in the seat. I'm hoping pilates makes it perkier or something.
Sarya

Postby MISSANNE » August 19th, 2006, 6:06 pm

I love the Paris Blue jeans from Torrid. I have the same problem with my stomach/legs.

However, mine are bootcut also. But I wear whatever shoe I want. Tennies, flip flops, high heels. As long as you look good. I refuse to wear tapered. Not flattering on anyone.

Good luck, I live in jeans!!
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby Aerie » August 19th, 2006, 6:57 pm

Boot cuts look great with a nice pair of cowboy boots. (Is that too obvious ;) ) Anyway I wear my boot cuts with high heels or with pointed toe black cowboy boots.
Aerie

Postby Prancer » August 19th, 2006, 7:48 pm

Thanks for the tips. I was wearing venezia today. I think they are comfortable but apparently they are baggy according to my mom and sis. I dont have "pancake a$$" I have non existent behind. I seriously have no butt at all...of all things to not have. Belly and no booty.
Prancer

Next

Return to What's Shakin'