What are your favorite jeans??

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby Nicki » August 20th, 2006, 5:03 am

For flat-butt syndrome, back pockets with button down flaps really help. Unfortunately, these are more popular in juniors jeans, but I've found a few that don't look too youngish for a woman of 36.
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Jen » August 20th, 2006, 7:35 am

My favorite jeans are the Gap Stretch, boot cut. The boot cut visually balances out by wide hips and the stretch makes them oh so comfortable. Plus, my husband told me they make my butt "look really great" so that sealed the deal!
Start date: 6/22/06 : 36 : 5'7" : 262/190/140
Jen
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JeepGirl » August 20th, 2006, 7:51 am

JennP wrote:I saw my mom and sister for the first time today (since starting MF) and they said "get some clothes that fit".

YAY Jenn!! Great NSV!!

My fave jeans and a huge reward on my list is a pair if Seven Jeans. I have one pair in a rare size 16 from awhile back and I have a lust thing with the brand still! They are pricey hence the "reward" part.

My favorite everyday jeans is a toss-up between Gap/Old Navy Low Waist Boot Cut. I honestly dont think I will ever like non-boot cut and am freaking out that the Fashion Mags are saying "pencil leg jeans" are coming back in style :?
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby supermom » August 20th, 2006, 1:05 pm

Have any of you tried make your own jeans dot com?? It is interesting. Check it out. If you have tried it, I would LOVE to hear about it!
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Blessedmommieof3 » August 20th, 2006, 1:51 pm

If you have trouble finding just the right fit for YOU, there is a site that custom makes them according to your measurements...it can be a bit costly (of course) so you may want to wait to you at a size/weight you hope to stay at. I just ordered some for my 7 year old. He's a stocky little man who wears about a 16, but they are always WAY too long & too wide in the legs even when altered. They should be here in a few days & I can't wait to see some jeans actually fit the little guy. (I paid $110 for a pair of jeans & a pair of jean shorts, shipped.)

makeyourownjeans
The Journey began July 30th, blogging along the way at Extrapounds*com
Blessedmommieof3
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby supermom » August 20th, 2006, 7:14 pm

Alicia---where did you get them?? The ones I priced at make your own jeans dot com were only $39.
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Tankie » August 20th, 2006, 11:21 pm

I am in love with my new pair of Lee low-rise jeans I just bought, they are low in the waist which creates the illusion of more booty (which I need now that I lost so much of mine) and the have a slim leg with a very slight flair at the ankle which looks good with tennis shoes, heels or boots.....Plus their petite sizes are actually petite!!!!! (every petite I've bought otherwise lately I've had to hem up).

Amy
It's been swell but the swelling's gone down...

Tankie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Serendipity » August 21st, 2006, 5:20 am

My favorite jeans right now are J.Jill boot cut size 12. They hit me just below the waist and fit perfectly.

I used to always buy jeans that had a pleat in the front. Somehow, I thought they hid my stomach. What a mistake!

When I was in plus sizes, Liz Clayborne jeans fit the best.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'