Weight control center

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Weight control center

Postby ssalter98 » January 4th, 2008, 5:08 am

Hello, I am so happy I stumble across this site.

To give you some backgrund.. I am mid 30s and need to loose 56 lbs.

What are your toughts on joining any of the weight loss control centers. I have recently been quoted $1200 for a medical supervised control md with lab work and weekly appointments. The fee does not include the costs of the meal. The $1200 cover 17 weeks of weekly sessions and 1 yr of meeting with the counselor to maintain. Thanks
ssalter98

Postby Mike » January 4th, 2008, 1:09 pm

To hear about all of the troubles with some weight loss centers (LA Weightloss just closed all of its Pure Centers), it seems that personal coaches work well, as long as you have a regular doctor.

It seems like a big expense, but if your medical plan doesn't cover regular doctor visits and labs, it may be more feasible to go through the Medifast Centers. If your medical plan does cover it, then I would suggest just going through Take Shape for Life... you get a free personal health coach and the cost of the food is less than just ordering through the main Medifast arm of the company.

Just my own personal opinion.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » January 4th, 2008, 5:23 pm

YIKES! That's a TON of money. I am so glad TSFL offers all the extras with the cost of the MF supplements.

Do what works for you! Whatever it takes to lose the weight!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Charity » January 4th, 2008, 11:02 pm

Is this a chain like LA weight loss or is this something running out of a hospital.

If you call the department that handles weight loss options at the hospitals around your area, you will find that they have similar programs to what you mentioned. They are not just about gastric surgery there! Check it out. That's what I did and I found a dietian that supports Medifast that I see weekly for free.

Whatever you choose. Good luck!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Come on in.