2 weeks on the program and I've given away 15 pounds

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

2 weeks on the program and I've given away 15 pounds

Postby Angelica » May 14th, 2005, 10:17 pm

Hi everybody! :wavie: This is also my first time on this board ... I've been shaking for the last 2 weeks and I've given away 15 pounds. I'm saying I've given away because if I say I've lost, my mind wants to find it back and I don't want to find these 15 pounds ever again ... they are gone for good :lol:

I started at 250 and I'm down to 235 since last Sunday. Nancy told me I had a great start :redprowl:

Tomorrow will be my third week (actually, it will be 3 weeks on next Tuesday, but since I heard the official weigh-in day here is on Sundays, I've decided to change my day).

I'm really scared of the scale now. :redhead: I know it will slow down and I don't want to get discouraged. I was thinking to weigh-in only once a month. But again, I'm dying to know how I did this week ... :scratchhead:

So, you'll hear again from me tomorrow after I come back from Church. :angel:
Angelica

Postby bk » May 14th, 2005, 10:44 pm

What an Angel you are! ;)

About the scale... I know some people have BIG issues with it, and should stay away. I personally know when I am not on that scale every single morning then I am NO LONGER PAYING ATTENTION. But it's different for everyone, and you'll find what works for you. I personally think it's very motivating to have *something* (weight, bodyfat percent, measurements, fit of clothing) to be able to gauge your progress by. If the scale doesn't work for you, find something else!

You have had an amazing start! Give away some of those pounds -- just not to US!!! :)
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Thank you for your reply ...

Postby Angelica » May 14th, 2005, 11:59 pm

Hi there! Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to me. I'll think about what you said with regard to the scale/measuring or even trying smaller clothes. :angel:
Angelica

Postby doglover » May 15th, 2005, 4:41 am

Welcome Angelica! I LOVE your name!

It was easiest for me to weigh once/week. Then I didn't have pressure every day but I did get to see results. The first time my weight slowed down and then stalled was very hard, but now it has come to be expected and I know I am doing the right thing! However, I am now a slave to the scale as I get closer to goal! The good thing is that I am not getting discouraged, just curious every day!

Have a great 3rd week. You're doing great!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » May 15th, 2005, 7:35 am

:byebye: Hey there, Angelica ~

Whee! We are glad you posted and we welcome you - you are already a successful loser, Kid!

15 pounds is a very big weight release.

I loved the way Donna the Lover of Dogs & Jamaica slightly snuck in the phrase
my weight slowed down and then stalled was very hard, but now it has come to be expected
to let you know that there will be days and there may be weeks when the scale does not show a weight release - it IS to be expected. We all hate it but the reality is: it happens. When it does, just keep on your schedule, drinking shakes and no cheatin’ - very soon that scale will be :whip: whipped into shape!

It’s a long haul but it is worth it. :x The only regrets people have is when they give in and eat off-program or if they give-up. We know that people who give up, go up…
Last edited by Nancy on May 15th, 2005, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby joysea » May 15th, 2005, 7:52 am

We know that people who give up, go up…

Thanks, Nancy, I will definitely keep that one phrase forefront in my mind when things get tough!

Joyce
Joyce

Highest Weight 198//166.3/130
joysea
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 15th, 2005, 11:51 am

Angelica............what a great start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....you are doing awesome..... :clap: ......and weigh to go in GIVING AWAY the 15 lbs. ......cuz mentally ....if somethings lost....we try to find it..........but giving it away..........you can't take it back... :D ....keep on shakin.......... :yay:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby horsey girl » May 15th, 2005, 12:31 pm

So we are not losers anymore? We are instead very giving people. Yeah! Weigh to go... Congradulations, Angelica! Heres to many more. Horsey Girl
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby DonicaB » May 15th, 2005, 1:34 pm

Angelica~~you are a very giving person. I hope we all continue to be very giving. I like that phrase, Angelica. I'm sure glad you came up with it.

Congratulations on your 15# gone forever.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby HalfOfChicka » May 15th, 2005, 2:19 pm

Congratulations, Angelica! Way to go with kicking those 15lbs to the curb. :)
HalfOfChicka

Postby want2Bthin » May 15th, 2005, 4:18 pm

Angelica-

Great job! 15 pounds is awesome! Everytime I see your name I almost think, "well I didn't post that" but then I realize that's not me- but the name is so close!

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin

Giving Away weight

Postby Jan » May 15th, 2005, 6:39 pm

Please send me a list of people willing to take my weight!! I've tried to be a fat donor to no avail. I've tried to hide my weight for years but always seem to refind it. The olny way for me is to lose it --and lose it good so there's no way to refind it-- nobody seems to want it :mrgreen:
Jan (hoping to be a :D :D big looser)
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.