Wednesday August 14th, 2007 Maintenance Support Call

Meet Terry and Nancy.

Wednesday August 14th, 2007 Maintenance Support Call

Postby Nancy » August 15th, 2007, 1:17 pm

:wave: Hullo, MakeMeThinner Peeps ~

Just wanted to letcha know that my husband Terry and I are still in the Seattle area and having a wonderful time; I will write more and post some pictures showing some of our adventures in a day or two.

I will be hosting the Take Shape For Life Maintenance Support Call today, Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific.

The purpose of the Maintenance Support call is to assist people approaching or already on the transition and maintenance phases of the Take Shape For Life program but….people in all stages of the program are welcome.

If you are a newbie, you may find the call inspiring to know that there are others who have lost a lot of weight and like me, they are maintaining their healthier weight.

My intent is to inspire, encourage and help all who are in the process of becoming their healthiest best.

I represent Take Shape For Life/Medifast when I host this support call and not MakeMeThinner. Therefore, I do not make reference to our personal MakeMeThinner website or MMT support forum when I host the TSFL Support Call. Thank you for understanding. :lol: :lol:

The phone number for the Stay in Shape Support Call is:

1 (512) 225-9427 PIN Code 77421 #

My topic this evening will be “Settling…”

One of our own MakeMeThinner Forum members, SeeMeLose will be my guest. You :clap: will enjoy hearing her incredible story.

Here is a picture taken last night of Jan, Sharon (SeeMeLose) and me in front of “Anthony’s,” a restaurant in Edmonds, WA.

( :secret: You will be happy to know that I had a salad, scallops, steamed green beans and a teensy crouton-size piece of bread. I passed on the wine list, Anthony’s famous rice pilaf; never even blinked at the dessert list…’cuz I went out for lunch yesterday plus I’m savin’ my calories for tonight’s supper…)

If you are not able to listen live, the call is usually recorded and will be available until August 21st, 2007.

The playback number is (512) 505-6863.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Jan » August 15th, 2007, 10:16 pm

Wow -- Sharon and Nancy did such a great job on the call. And yup, we're out on the "road" again. We've been working with Health Coaches in the Seattle area. It is sooo much fun. We've been being good :D
My salmon dinner last night was just delicious and tonight it was Ling Cod .. yummmy!! Seafood is always a great choice .. as long as the butter doesn't hit it :mrgreen: No butter for us!!!!
And see Nancy does get my picture now and again. Well actually Terry got this one!! Make sure and check out the maintenance call .. it is soo inspiring!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Diana » August 16th, 2007, 6:29 pm

Wow!! What a great call!! Sharon, your story is so inspiring! And I can totally relate with so much of your own journey.

What a timely topic -- not settling!! Go for the gold! Go for the blue ribbon! Thank you, Nancy and Sharon, for your insights, inspiration and encouragement to everyone on the call -- and those like me who listened to the recording.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Nancy » August 16th, 2007, 9:48 pm

:hug: Thank you! ‘Settling’ is something that is easy to do, especially when friends and family members tell is that we :whistle: look :shades: good and surely we must be ‘done’ with the weight loss phase.

Often people settle for second best and while it may be true that we are certainly better off than we were before we started on the weight loss journey, it is always best to reach our goal before we begin transition and maintenance.

The joy that comes from finishing the course is genuinely sweet and with it comes confidence to tackle other challenges. I find my weight loss journey has empowered me to do things I never would have done before – it stretched me and it is helping me to become more…(if that makes any sense).

I must tell you that it was a bit of a :whip: challenge to do the call from a remote location. Typically when I do the National Support call, I use our landline phone in our home office, the stereo and TV are off, the door is closed, etc.

Wednesday evening we were in our :drive: car in a parking lot at a very busy marina in Everett, WA.

There were cars :redprowl: :burnout: driving through carrying passengers to dinner at neighboring :chef: restaurants, squawking sea gulls circling the lot, boats moving in and out of their slips and a ferry chugging out of the harbor bellowing its bass horn…a couple of men were :whattha: gawking at our car trying to figure out what kind it was and were :deadhorse: knocking on the window to talk to Terry about it and a woman was reading our license plate and its frame and wanted to talk to us…it was getting :oops: hot in there and I felt like Sweaty Betty so I mimed for Terry to start the car engine and turn on the A/C so I wouldn’t pant or faint during the call! Now you’ll understand if the sound quality is poor…

Precious Sharon Whitney was in her car a few rows away (without a watch) telling her fantastic story – imagine! 103 pounds – OUTTA HERE! and Jan and Paul were in their car in a row behind us while we held the call. Ahh…behind the scenes secrets, eh? :nana:

It is such a blessing to meet wonderful people and to see how their lives have been changed. When I spoke at the Take Shape For Life convention in Keystone last month, my eyes were glisteny most of the time – to behold people whose health has been restored is such a wonderful thing!

To me, TSFL = Transformed Successful Fabulous Lives

Just 5 years ago (August 15, 2002) my husband and I were on day 31 of the weight loss phase.

For the first time in years, I felt no hunger and no cravings. :cheermed:

The old kd lang song, ‘Constant Cravings‘ described my formerly foody life.

Constant Cravings that could not be quelled.

I allowed the cravings to control me. Cheesecake, popcorn, loaves of toast dripping with butter and PB and honey, pie and ice cream, cookies...constant cravings...and I ballooned to the size of a linebacker...

As a result of getting on the program, NO longer did food rule my life.

Here we are, four and a half years later, still enjoying our healthier selves plus the joy that we share when we help others to do the same.

I have done things and gone places I never would have had the opportunity to do had I not taken that first shake over five years ago.

It is my desire that our success will become the success of those we meet. Don't settle for anything less than becoming your healthiest best!

Sharon Whitney is a beautiful woman inside and out – she gives of her time and knowledge to help others and to encourage them to make the changes necessary to lose those unwanted fluffies and to keep them off.

With our wonderful Take Shape For Life/Medifast program, we did it and you :you: can, too.

:coolnana: Shake it up, MakeMeThinner Peeps and :bananadance: shake it off!

We’re so :sheepjump: glad you dropped by and listened to the call.

(P.S. Di, you are :shades: lookin’ so good! Dang! I am really happy for you and can’t wait to see you next month in The Thin when we come to the Bay Area.)

:puma: Goin' for the Blue Ribbon and become your healthiest best!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby MerryMary » August 17th, 2007, 9:14 am

Hi Nancy!
I want to commend you and Sharon for being such a wonderful inspiration and encouragment! :bow: The BeSlim philosophy, the Trilogy of Optimal Health, is the way to go! :thumbup:

The topic of "Settling" was quite apropos for me. After losing more than 90# my friends and family are asking me, "Everytime I see you there is less of you ... don't you think it's time to stop?" or "Exactly HOW thin do you want to be?" While these comments are wonderful NSV's for the work I've accomplished they had me wondering. :question:

This was the first Maintenance call I listened to. I teach a bible study on Wed. evenings but this time, since I'm thinking about transition and maintenance, I called in to hear the recording. God works in mysterious ways, eh? ;) After listening to your positive talk, I have decided to stay with my original plan and go for the Blue Ribbon :yes: --I want to be the optimal best I can, and I know that God wants that for me too! What's more, I am even more committed to helping others reach their potential as well!

Thank you for all you do for TSFL and for everyone seeking a T ransformed S uccessful F abulous L ife !! :yourock:
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Return to A Message from your Hosts