Walking

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Walking

Postby katieb920 » July 12th, 2006, 5:49 pm

Since I just stared back today. Am I aloud to walk a mile a day. My son who is 8 wants to start walking so he can start getting in shape for football. Is this okay. Like I said we only want to start off waliking a mile a day :exercise:
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Diana » July 12th, 2006, 11:03 pm

How far do you usually walk now, Katie?

And not all miles are created equal -- what kind a mile we talkin' here? (I live on hills.)

If you HAVE been walking, cut it in half and Day 22 you can start building back up. If you HAVEN'T been walking, please wait. Your body needs some time to adjust to the lower calories. Then you can start on Day 22, (but try a quarter mile or 10ish minutes, whichever comes first, if you're not used to walking and build up to a mile).
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby katieb920 » July 13th, 2006, 6:21 am

I walk alot because i am in sales. We walk around the High school track we do that 4 times. So there are no hills.
Katie
katieb920

Postby Diana » July 13th, 2006, 9:00 am

If your track is standard competition size, then that's a mile. (No doubt you recognize that exercise walking and work walking are qualitatively different, right?)

So, my suggestion: Cut it back to 2 laps for the first three weeks, then try 3 on Day 22, then build back to 4. You're drastically reducing your caloric intake, and your body needs some time get used to it.

Remember most of all to listen to you body -- if you feel dizzy, lighted headed, weak, whatever, STOP!! Try something with salt or another MF meal. And drink your water like there's no tomorrow!! (Well, actually, drink it like there are millions of thinner tomorrows on the horizon.)

Welcome to the Forum, Katie. (Very sorry that wasn't the FIRST thing out of my fingertips!) I hope you love this program like I do! Can't wait to celebrate your successes with you.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana

Postby katieb920 » July 13th, 2006, 1:52 pm

Wow thanks for all the great information. :jumprope:
Katie
katieb920

Postby JKSRN » July 14th, 2006, 4:16 pm

Welcome, Katie, glad you are here! :D

After being sedentary for about four years, and waiting a couple of months after starting MF, before beginning an exercise routine, I now walk three times a week, a mile each time. In time, I will increase that, to two miles each time. In fact, once in awhile, I do the second mile now. Plus, I walk the pup three times a day, and we really move it, adding almost another mile with each walk. Given my age, this is perfect for me, I feel great, and the weight loss continues. How much healthier I am, for the effort! :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » July 14th, 2006, 4:56 pm

Welcome, Katie. Just wanted to add that since it's on a track, he can still walk his mile and you can keep an eye on him. If he doesn't mind walking alone (or just walking faster than you do).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss