VOTE FOR OVARY CHICKS NAME CHANGE

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby ChynnaDoll » February 13th, 2008, 1:10 pm

and i LOVE the way it (Bare Minerals) can be customized to fit your particular skin tone...and Jo i LOVE Lancomb "Miracles" perfume or is it Lancone? i dunno but i lov'it anyway..lol!...and Ritzee i'm in LOVE with Clinique's perfume Elixr...my abbbbsolutely FAV:+))))
get so MANY compliments on it all the time!.. hey Mare, i often wondered about that too, the weight of an ovary?hmmmm... WOW i LOVED this discussion!

Lulabelle
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Serendipity » February 13th, 2008, 1:11 pm

Is the foundation a powder, too?
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Lauren » February 13th, 2008, 1:17 pm

Yep! So it's not really a foundation in the way you'd expect, it just gives a smooth starting point. Does that make any sense? :-)
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » February 13th, 2008, 1:30 pm

lol..i don't think the foundation is a powder, although it certainly looks and feels like it..NOW yer prolly MORE confused..lol!

Lulabelle
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Lauren » February 13th, 2008, 1:59 pm

Huh. Chynna, my foundation is indeed powder, totally and completely. Maybe it's not called foundation? Maybe it's just face powder, or face concealer, or some other name? I am not huge into make up, take 3 minutes in the morning, so I could just be having a blonde moment. (happens frequently) But I really *thought* it was foundation! :-)
Lauren

Postby lifelovinaries » February 13th, 2008, 2:34 pm

HEY!!!!! How do we go from Ovary Chick to Bare Minerals????? :x This is about ME and i don't even wear make-up!!!! Well, except for lipstick and occasionally mascara. Jeez, you guys are crazy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Anyway, to add my two cents, my mom likes the bare minerals and on one of her visits, brought it with her so i could try it. Well, uh, yes i did make a mess and no, i don't think i liked the way it looked. But then again, maybe i did something wrong. It's pretty much fool-proof but I have proved so many times that i am a FOOL! Incorrect application is definitely a possibility!

ok, on another note, i read that my current name...Life Lovin something... is just DULL :cry: You guys really know how to make a girl feel loved :? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: So, I think i am going to officially change my name to Ovary Chick, since that is what i am referred to as anyway. I don't know the last time i was referred to as "life" or "aries" or "LLA", those days are LONG GONE, apparently. Guess i gotta contact one of the roosters here on the board! :lol: Oh Unca or Mike???

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby katieb920 » February 13th, 2008, 2:37 pm

So i have to ask wear do I get this bare mineral stuff. I usually just shop at the MAC counter at macy's. Do they have a counter at a mall that I would be able to ask which one is best for me.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby MerryMary » February 13th, 2008, 3:14 pm

katieb920 wrote:So i have to ask wear do I get this bare mineral stuff. I usually just shop at the MAC counter at macy's. Do they have a counter at a mall that I would be able to ask which one is best for me.

I was wondering about that too. I've heard about bare minerals before but now I'm thinking of giving it a whirl.

OC ... any name you chose will be perfect! :D
(It's still all about you, babe!) :lol:
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Lauren » February 13th, 2008, 3:23 pm

Ah, yes, it's about you. Right. Forgot! :-)

If you officially switch to Ovary Chick, can we call you OC or Ova or Ovaculate or Chicadoodle as nicknames? Or perhaps we'll just stick with anatomy, and go with Fallopian Tubes?

Lauren

ps, can find bare minerals at sephora...
Lauren

Postby lifelovinaries » February 13th, 2008, 3:29 pm

Lauren wrote:Ah, yes, it's about you. Right. Forgot! :-)

If you officially switch to Ovary Chick, can we call you OC or Ova or Ovaculate or Chicadoodle as nicknames? Or perhaps we'll just stick with anatomy, and go with Fallopian Tubes?

Lauren

lauren, i've learned that here, amongst friends, i answer to pretty much anything. :) chickadoodle is cute!!!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Tawanda » February 13th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Chickadoodle is a fun name......fiesty but fun sounding.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby Lauren » February 13th, 2008, 3:42 pm

Ha! I actually call some friends that! I call people "chica" all the time, and it seems to have developed into "Chicadoodle" recently!
Lauren

Postby katieb920 » February 13th, 2008, 4:29 pm

Lauren wrote:

Do they help you with which one would be better. Do they have samples
Katie
katieb920

Postby DonicaB » February 13th, 2008, 4:45 pm

Sephora is where I discovered Bare Minerals. They helped me pick out the right colors....they helped me learn how to put it on.....they were wonderful. I bought the starter kit which included all the great brushes, and all of the powders that I needed. The starter kit also comes with a dvd on how to apply the powders. Now when I am ready to replace one of the powders I have found them cheapest on ebay.

I agree they are a little messy, but I love it. My friends say I look younger.....SO......WooHoo you bet I'm gonna use it. Of course, they're my friends and would probably say anything to get me to shut up sometimes.

Doni
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Out*With*The*Old » February 13th, 2008, 6:25 pm

Serendipity wrote:Is the foundation a powder, too?

It's inded a 'powder'. You buff it onto your face and it is wonderful. It's hard to 'get it' until you see it because its unlike regular face powders. I think bare minerals dot com might have a video you can watch.
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

PreviousNext

Return to What's Shakin'