Update

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Update

Postby Alison » July 21st, 2004, 8:37 am

Hi all,
I have been on vacation for a while and wanted to keep up with posting my experiences. Before I went a way I had been on just 5 shakes and never had anything else. I had a 1/2 a pickle before I left for Maui just to check out my tolerance for food. Not good. Bad diarrehea. While I was on vacation I brought some MF foods to try. PB bars (pretty good), Oatmeal bars (awesome), Oatmeal berry (awesome), oatmeal brown sugar (pretty good) and the salad dressings (need doctoring, spice and vinegar) For some reason I had no problems adjusting to these foods, small bites chew well. I also had various broiled fish, shashimi, edamame, a little jasmine rice, a few tropical drinks, coconut fresh I couldn't resist trying) I also had fresh fruit. I kept my meals small and went to the gym at the hotel 3xs that week. I also was active, scuba, biking, hiking swimming. My point is I did eat quite a bit more than on full fast. I also transitioned very quickly so I though I'd be up 2 pounds or so at first. Not so down 2 pounds!! which is more than my usual loss!! I left with 8 pounds to goal now I have 6 more to go. I adjusted my goal weight up 10 pounds because being on MF I have lost all fat no muscle and am smaller now than I have been weighing less!!
Another thing 2 things happened in Hawaii that made every second of MF worth it 1000 times over. Yes I wore a bikini and felt great about actually going to a destination that lends itself to the dreaded bathing suit but beyond that... I went bike riding down a volcano which actually is very steep. You don't pedal you actually ride your breaks down. Anyway your speed is based on your weight. The heavier the faster, the lighter the slower. The instructor taged me to be #1 meaning I would follow him. I asked him why and he said get this that I was so tiny he would need to make sure I could get down. He added at the end I should eat 2 breakfests instead of the one ordered. Then when I went scubing which I would never ever have tried before MF (the wet suit thing would have turned me off - knowing I'd feel like a stuffed pig) Anyway the instructors went searching the boat for get ready for this, an extra small!!! They also had to add more weights to me to get me to descend down into the water more!!! My husband was laughing and tearing when that happened. He was so proud but not as proud as me!! I can't believe I can still eat and feel good and not gain weight (actually still losing) and have control!! I think the difference is I have never lost weight this slowly. My metabolism is healed because I was so consistant with the amount of calories I put in. I really don't know but I am no longer looking forward to MF being done so I can gorge on cake. I really think I finally get it!! The book Life is Hard food is Easy that was recommended on this board has really helped me understand my compulsive overeating much better.
That my story. I'll let you all know when I kick off those last 6 lbs. I'll also post picts. I have my before shots but didn't want to post them until I hit goal. I have lost 7 dress sizes so far and 34 pounds!!
Alison
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Sylvia » July 21st, 2004, 8:43 am

Alison,

What a fantastic and inspiring post! I am so happy for you and you must be so thrilled and proud. Please keep us updated about your progress losing those last few pounds and how things go once you're on maintenance!

Sylvia
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Simmshe » July 21st, 2004, 8:56 am

All I can say is "Wow!"

That was a beautiful post Alison--I got goose bumps reading it. Congratulations on your big victories--breakthroughs feel so good! I can imagine how wonderful you must feel! Very inspiring :).

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Jeanette » July 21st, 2004, 9:17 am

Alison: Awesome post! You definitely sound like a seasoned veteran!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Carrie » July 21st, 2004, 9:43 am

Alison, I just LOVED reading your post. You did it girl! YOU ARE THERE!!! I'm so proud of you and I'm so happy you had all those really great, reaffirming experiences. Way to go!
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » July 21st, 2004, 6:43 pm

Awesome Alison!!!

Sounds like you biked down Haleakala Crater? MAN, it's COLD up there! I have to give you credit for riding a bike down starting at the top where it's freezing. I was ready to leave 5 minutes after I got there it was so cold, with only a beach towel to keep me warm instead of a coat. I get so motivated just reading your post. HIP HIP HOORAH! You did it and it's just so great to hear about it to those of us still shaking along anticipating that great feeling at the end!

As they say in Hawaii, "Way to go Sistah!" :kool:

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Ria » July 22nd, 2004, 8:00 am

Wow Alison that is just....well wonderful. May I ask what is your height and current weight? Before Medifast I worked out alot and so have alot of muscle under the layers of flab. With the shakes and exercise I noticed that I AM in fact retaining all the muscle and losing the fat.

184/162/130
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Alison » July 22nd, 2004, 8:30 am

Thanks for all the great responses! To answer a few questions. I started MF 17 weeks ago at 144lbs. I am 5'1.5" with a very, very petite frame. I wasn't sure what I should weigh. I got down to 103 for a brief few seconds once in my life by pretty much eating nothing yet I was flabby and still had a lot of cellulite. I was a overweight child which I am told can cause terrible cellulite. That also was a time when I never exercised so I just didn't look good or healthy. Now I am 110.5 and am looking to get to 104-105. My long term is to weigh 107 with more muscle but it's all how you look not the #'s. I am a size 3-4 now. I am just made tiny, my hands are the same size as my eight year old niece. Doctor says 105 is good for me. I would prefer to weigh more(muscle wise) just because I like feeling strong and keeping my muscle. Mf has taught me so much about eating to feel good not to escape. I was so abusive to my body before stuffing and starving never eating the same amount everyday. I felt sick all the time and my mental state was really waning. I was depressed almost all the time. Now I have parties and try new things. I feel confident. I look forward to going places and meeting people not the food I'll be eating when I get there (I end up getting more excited about my new clothes) My husband feels the effects of it too. I never wanted to go anywhere before I was always embarassed and I was bitter too. I really thought everyone was making fun of me. Now my husband says it's like we have a whole new life. His happiness helps me too.
About Maui Camille, yes it was the crater and we did the road to Hana too. Stood under Wailea waterfall (in the bikini like a movie!) swam in the seven sacred pools, went scubing around Molokini Crater. Just beautiful!!
Alison
Alison
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » July 22nd, 2004, 11:34 am

Alison,

You really did Maui! What a great place to feel great in your new shape! I'm so thrilled for you. Now you make me want to go to Maui! I've gotta few more months I think before I'll be puttin' on a suit swimmin' in Seven Sacred Pools, but I'm gonna get there. You're an absolute inspiration. Bless you. Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Ria » July 22nd, 2004, 9:00 pm

Wow Alison, you are a tiny thing! I am also 5'2 and petite but I somehow always felt my best at around 125-128 at a size 5. Your success is a great testament that the program is "just well...wonderful".

Can anyone tell that I just finished watching "My BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING" for the 10th time. I love that movie. Reminds me of my own BIG feeding family where food is always at the center of EVERY occasion.

I am on vacation from Saturday and off couse I am visiting the big eaters. Thanks to ALL of you I AM READY TO GO TO BATTLE!:lightbeam:
184/162/130
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room