Tuna "Noodle" Casserole

Add your favorite recipes.

Tuna "Noodle" Casserole

Postby akbitty » September 26th, 2007, 5:34 am

The other night I made a dish I call Tuna "Noodle" Casserole. Instead of noodles I used spagetti squash and was pleased with how it turned out. Here is what I did.

One spagetti squash (I baked it first, but next time I am going to try mixing all the ingrediants then baking it.)

2 Cream of broc soup packets (I am going to try the chicken noodle next time.)

2 cans of mushroom

2 cans of tuna

1 crushed packet of crackers or MF oatmeal

spice to taste.

I don't know what the exact serving size should be, but we ate about 2 cups. I liked the way this turned out and so did my DH. Please let me know what yout think.
SW 248 Goal 135
Current 203
Start Date 8/2/7
akbitty
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby nickieluv » September 26th, 2007, 7:40 am

That was always one of my favorite dishes - as a kid, it's what I would always ask for as my birthday dinner - and my poor brother hated it and had to shove it down once a year!!! He always wondered why I couldn't want pizza like a 'normal' kid!

I'm not much for cooking with the supplements but it does sound delish and I hope more people try it!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » September 26th, 2007, 3:41 pm

In order for this to be L&G compliant, I think we would need to have the amounts of squash and mushrooms used, the number of ounces of tuna (which cans?), and it gets really tricky when we mix Medifast meals in with L&G meals.

This sounds like something really good for someone on maintenance though.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Determined » September 26th, 2007, 8:25 pm

nickieluv wrote:That was always one of my favorite dishes - as a kid, it's what I would always ask for as my birthday dinner

Nickie, I always asked for tuna noodle casserole for my birthday too! I still have a weakness for Tuna Helper :oops:

akbitty, can you offer more step-by-step detail for the cooking challenged? I've never prepared a spaghetti squash in my life. Do you peel it? then slice it into ribbons or ??? Sprinkle the crackers on top or mix them in? How long to cook at what temp? I'd really like to try this, if for no other reason than getting rid of this broccoli soup :D
Determined
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » September 26th, 2007, 9:55 pm

Here is one i worked on before using the shirataki noodles:

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=102517#102517

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby akbitty » October 1st, 2007, 7:59 am

akbitty, can you offer more step-by-step detail for the cooking challenged? I've never prepared a spaghetti squash in my life. Do you peel it? then slice it into ribbons or ??? Sprinkle the crackers on top or mix them in? How long to cook at what temp? I'd really like to try this, if for no other reason than getting rid of this broccoli soup

Keep in mind that when I made this I made it for 2 people and we ate it 2 days. Pre heat oven to 375. Take a cake pan and fill it no more than 1/2 way full with water. Cut the Spagetti Squash in half the long way, gut, and then using a fork or knife poke holes in the rind. You will need at least 14 holes in each half. Place squash in pan so the cut side is down in the water. Bake about 1 hour, you will know that it is done when you can easily scrape the squash with a fork. To get the spagetti like ribbons use a fork and scrape at the squash lengthwise. I you would sprinkle the crushed crackers on the top.

I hope this helps you Determined.
SW 248 Goal 135
Current 203
Start Date 8/2/7
akbitty
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Determined » October 2nd, 2007, 8:23 am

akbitty wrote:I hope this helps you Determined.

Yes! Thank you :)
Determined
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine