TSFL New IT Platform

Meet Terry and Nancy.

TSFL New IT Platform

Postby Nancy » September 3rd, 2006, 9:29 am

On August 1st, Take Shape For Life launched their new IT System. Some client information did not transfer as smoothly as the IT vendor had promised…it resulted in some people not receiving orders because the computers at the order desk did not link to the computers in the fulfillment center…it was skanky for a while but most things are running smoothly now.

MakeMeThinner thanks you for your continued support and dedication through this transitional phase. We are excited because the enhanced technology will provide us all with great tools that will help us get and stay healthy. We appreciate you for your patience if your orders were late or had errors and know that you will be pleased with the result of this system change.

We can now make changes to our BeSlim Club orders online with ease – we can add new items, edit the quantity or delete items on the order, change the date the order is shipped – just be sure to save the order once you make any changes.

Orders are now arriving in 4-5 business days. If your order does not arrive in a timely fashion, please call your personal Health Advisor or the TSFL Customer Care Center at 1 (800) 572-4417.

You may be interested in the new Medifast Diet book, The Secret is Out: What Physicians Have Always Known About Weight Loss. I think you’ll like it and find it helpful.

We are grateful for you, our MakeMeThinner family. You are dedicated and committed and we raise our shaker jars to your success!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Ketann » September 6th, 2006, 6:36 pm

Take Shape For Life tried to steal over 5,000 from my checking account. That isn't a mistake. It's a crime. I am disgusted with this company. I called to cancel my Be Slim. I have lost any trust in this company. I found this out today trying to use my bank card and my blood pressure has been high all day because of this. My husband is fuming. YOU DON'T TAKE 5,000 FROM SOMEONE'S ACCOUNT WHEN THEIR ORDER WAS ONLY $300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ketann
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » September 6th, 2006, 6:52 pm

Ketann wrote:Take Shape For Life tried to steal over 5,000 from my checking account.

WHAT!? You have to be kidding me! How did THAT happen?

I've been scammed myself -- or attempted scam -- but certainly not by TSFL!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Ketann » September 6th, 2006, 7:44 pm

I am not joking. I wish I was. We have to get new cards issued from the bank now, thanks to this company. I was in their autoship program, where they automatically take money out of my card every month and ship my order. This month, they tried to "automatically take out" almost $5,500. Thankfully my bank blocked the transaction. I don't trust this company any longer. Also, they "automatically" took money out a week before they were supposed too. All I can say is scam.
Ketann

Postby Diana » September 6th, 2006, 10:43 pm

I would agree if it was intentional, but I know that it wasn't. Having had to deal with change-overs in computer systems in my own line of work, I'm completely familiar with things that go unbelievably awry with technology. I also know of the panic one feels when one discovers someone else's livelihood was just undone by something under your own responsibility. As pressure-rising and gut-wrenching as it is to the one affected, it is also so to the ones responsible. Mike and I, too, have had to work with the company to right some inadvertent charges. But, see, I know many of the people who work there. I know their faces, their names, their character and their commitment to TSFL clients. As shaken as your trust is, please believe there was no malicious intent.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Ketann » September 7th, 2006, 4:57 am

My husband and I spoke to two different people about it on the phone from TSFL and they acted as if it was no big deal. It almost destroyed our credit.
It almost ruined our vacation. Last week when I found out they took money out a week early, I contacted them and they acted as if it was no big deal. IThe only reason about five charges didn't bounce because of TSFL's "unintintional mistake" (including our mortage payment) was because we had put a significant amount of money in the bank for our vacation coming up.
Yesterday I found out about TSFL's $5500 "unintintional mistake" trying to make a purchase at a shoe store. I wound up on the phone with my bank's security officer in the shoe store. He informed me of the "mistake". My blood prssure has been up ever since. What really got me was TSFL did not try to contact me about it at all. They knew what they did, and said they realized it was a mistake, but did not try to contact me. I had to contact them. If it wasn't malicious, why did no one contact me? Very unprofessional and very fishy.
Ketann

Postby Lauren » September 7th, 2006, 6:33 am

Ketann, I am sure it was extremely frustrating to have this bank error happen, and I am sorry it has made your blood pressure rise.

I would agree with Diana that TSFL just made some computer mistakes (major, yes, but still mistakes), and perhaps they didn't contact you because they didn't realize at the time that the mistake occurred.

With that being said, it seems you'd benefit from contacting your HA and/or TSFL directly to work out the issue, and to insure that your account is handled properly into the future. I am sure you'd agree, even in this crappy situation, that TSFL and Medifast have been a wonderful asset in your life and dieting, and it would be a shame if these posts pushed any new visitors away.

Perhaps the best solution for anyone concerned is that they pay on a per order basis, or do not have the orders directly withdrawn from their bank account - this is if you're worried.

Ketann, I hope you are able to enjoy your vacation and that all of the financial/billing issues are remedied with ease and improved customer service.

Good luck!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Ketann » September 7th, 2006, 7:59 am

They knew about the mistakes. They admitted they knew about the mistakes
at least a day before I did. They had plenty of time to contact me.

I did contact my HA. I was not alone. This happened to several other TSFL customers. Thousands of dollars taken out of their bank cards.

I will continue to use Medifast, but I won't be purchasing it from TSFL. They tried to deceive me by covering up their "mistake", and destroyed any trust I had with them. I can no longer trust them.
Ketann

Postby Nancy » September 7th, 2006, 12:03 pm

Dear Ketann ~

I am so sorry! I just read your post and at this point, I can certainly understand your anger and dismay. I cannot know the depth of your frustration and hurt. Please know that we will do all we can to have this rectified for you.

I called TSFL this morning and spoke to the manager of Health Advisor Services. Since I am not familiar with the steps that occur with bank charges, I had it explained to me.

When a person uses their credit or debit card for a purchase, the first step is called an “authorization.”

In essence, the amount for the purchase is ‘set aside’ and the bank puts a hold on that amount of money.

The second step is called ‘settled’ and it is when the money is actually transferred from the customer’s account to the store.

When the TSFL office determined the computer error, the orders were stopped. No money was transferred from the clients’ accounts, however, some funds were held and TSFL has canceled the holds.

No money was actually transferred, even though it certainly feels like it, when a person’s account is on hold and they have no access to it.

TSFL contacted the banks and explained the computer dysfunction and asked the banks to release the hold.

I know it is upsetting to you; it is upsetting to us at MakeMeThinner as well.

Diana, I thank you for what you wrote above – you are exactly right; the people who work in the corporate office are honest, dependable and caring people. They are working diligently to rectify the problems that resulted from the new IT platform.

I apologize to you from the bottom of my heart. It makes me feel terrible to know that your vacation has been affected. We all need special times away from the seriousness of life to reacquaint with our families on a deeper level, to be renewed in spirit and refreshed in our body and mind. It is difficult for me to know how to comfort you because this is a real biggy.

Ketann, I want to assure you that I will intervene on your behalf as much as I am able.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Jan » September 15th, 2006, 8:55 am

Hmmmm,
I've been looking at this and reading and re-reading it. I'm been quiet.. thinking for some time now. I am not nearly as eloquent as my dear friend Nancy. Those of us who are fortunate to be able to call her "friend" and to really know her in person , also know how much this whole thing has hurt her. No one intendend for this to happen least of all TSFL. They have been working day and night to get this fixed and it's coming!!!! My hubby is a retired software engineer -- 35 years of work with a "real time" system. I think we all learned what he has know all these years. A computer is only as good as the one who programs it. It makes no decisions on it's own... only does exactly what it was told to do. It does not reason nor does it make judgements. It's can't tell if something is right or wrong. Plus it of course has no motive.. to help or hurt... it just "cranks along" It has no idea about the effect of any of it's actions.
I want you to all know that TSFL did not do their own programming. They are struggling trying to make everything right as are all of us. TSFL is a very very ethical Co. They are working overtime to say the least with the software vendor to try to help us all ... and get this running smoothly. It will be.
As for my dear friend, she too is on her "vacation". I must say a very very much deserved "retreat". But, I know ... I've talked with Terry, Nancy is standing under a Palm tree trying to get cell reception to help us all out. Her "vacation" has turned into a "working vacation" as has Terrys.
Please remember none of this was intentional... who in the world would want to do this to themselves ????? we are all working on it and looking foward to the "smoothly running great system" again. That way we can all get back to doing what we do best... helping everyone part with the pesky pounds and get healthy.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Prancer » September 15th, 2006, 9:43 am

After working in banking for many years I know these things happen. I certainly wouldnt call what happened a scam. (keep in mind I am in no way affiliated with TSFL other then ordering from them) A computer error and those things happen all the time these days now that so much of our banking is computerized. If they had taken the money and werent returning it that would be a scam.
Prancer

Return to A Message from your Hosts