trying to hang in there

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

trying to hang in there

Postby Daisey » August 4th, 2005, 10:27 am

How much is lost if on day 4 you eat half a pint of ice cream and 4 cookies? I was so happy to make it successfully through day 3. Day 4 was the first time I was around other people during meal times...watching them eat food, yummy food! Yesterday (day 4) I went boating with my friends and I brought my medifast with me. Of course my friends were supportive...they didn't even bring any sugar on the boat. But at lunch time they ate real food, and a lot of it, and I was jealous. I felt deprived! While watching them eat, I was telling myself, 'oh, that looks so good, that's it, forget it, I am going to go home tonight and buy food and eat...eat until I feel completely full, heck, I've been out on the lake all day doing water sports, I am sure I have burned some calories, so what the heck, I can afford to eat food today only, I'll allow myself to blow it today but then I will get back with it tomorrow and then from tomorrow on I will really start loosing the weight.' Then when I got home I changed my mind, had an extra shake and drank lots of water but then all of a sudden, it hit me instantly, I am going to the store and buying ice cream and cookies and nobody or nothing is going to stop me, and I just don't care right now. I was also telling myself that I can't even see myself as 'one of those thin persons' anyways, so what's the point? Other people are thin, or become thin--not me, I will never fit into slim clothes or have a slim body. I might as well enjoy some food.

Well, after I finished eating, I wrote down some of my feelings and I put them on my refrigerator so that hopefully next time I feel that way late at night I will read them first and remember the regret that I felt from last time.

I am not giving up, I am back to medifast today. I am wondering if since I already made it past the first three days (the hardest) and that since I ate last night, does my first three days start all over again? Am I going to be having the insane cravings like I did in the first three days? Is my body no long in ketosis?

Also, I need help with my next problem, my stinking thinking--I tell myself sometimes that I will never be a skinny person. That life of being skinny is not for me. I don't know if I believe that I don't desrve it, I don't think that it is humanly possible for me to do it, or what. I am also afraid of the attention being thin might bring me. I've been thin before, and when I was, I received a lot more attention, while some attention was good, some was bad. I felt men looking at me and undressing me with their eyes and that made me feel yucky, almost violated because I did not give those pervert men permission to look at me that way. I hated it when men stared at me, I absolutely hated it! And it's not like I was wearing revealing clothing. Being over-weight, I don't have to worry about being checked out by men, and that is a comfort to me. So I feel that I need to learn how to work through these feelings to be successfully at weight loss--both the belief that I will never be skinny and the fear of being skinny and gaining the attention of creepy men!!!

Thanks again everybody for your kind words of support!
Daisey
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Guest » August 4th, 2005, 11:10 am

I'm still new here so can't offer you much advice. I just wanted to say I admire your movitation. I'm so glad you got right back on program. I also like your idea of writing the journal and posting it on the fridge.

I had a really tough time the first three days too, but I didn't have to fight any temptation. My husband has been eating modified versions of my lean and green meals so I don't have to suffer watching him eat something way off program.

I know it's so much easier to say than to do, but hang in there. You already know you can make it through three days, why not a few more, and then a few more after that?

I'm rooting for ya!

Angie

Postby martha » August 4th, 2005, 11:24 am

DAISEY--

I hate that you are having such a hard time getting started and staying motivated.. Yes this is hard at first but it is so doable..You do deserve to be thin and what you need to decide is if it is where you want to be again.. only you can answer this as you should never ever lose weight for anyone but yourself..I have lost it before for all the wrong reasons and yes it has come back--one of the main reasons it did is I let it..I too thought OH POOR ME--I don't deserve it and what I got for my troubles was everyone around me saying "hey if she don't care why should we" so they helped me out with all my favorite things to eat..They bought it and I SHOVED IT IN!!! :x I can't blame them as I didn't care enough about my ownself to even try..I would say "okay I am 170this week--I wonder if I can be 180 next" now how crazy is that?? but it's exactly what I did..
Yes men will look but in my eyes that is a good thing..(after all we look when it's a good looking man) I can barely remember the days(but they were happening to me at one time in my life)..Just because they look doesn't mean they will act upon it.. I has a similar thing happen a long time ago.. lost alot of weight and the twins(he-he) were where they were suppose to be and I had alot of them too!!)I went into a store and there were 3 men sitting outside the store and said something under their breath just as I walked in..Now my husband and I got seperated(as most married people do while shopping) and then it happened.I saw the 3 men coming my way..my heart stopped and i started imagining all kinds of things.. put my basket down and went running for my husband in a panic.. Now these men meant me no harm and just happened to be going where I was standing..I was more embarrassed than they were believe me :oops: Unless someone says what is on their mind you never know what they are thinking..It's like when you see someone waving and you wave back only to realize they were waving at someone behind you :D DON"T worry about it..Be proud that anyone thinks you are a hot mama.. :mrgreen:
Now as for you eating the ice cream.. you might have the craving thing happen again and I am pretty sure you are out of Ketosis but it only takes a few days to get back in.. and each of us loses different and reacts different to things.. you may be lucky and not have any of the headaches or jhe cravings again.. Just remember to look at your list of emotions and remember why you started this program to begin with.. come to the forum no matter what--have diet candy(5pieces) or a big glass of water or go for a walk or just talk to one of us.. Feel free to e-mail me anytime and I will get right back to you as soon as I see it..I sleep in shifts and am on and off of here at all times of the night and day.. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! and we would love to help you achieve your goals..Good luck and I am proud of you for restarting again so soon after the slip-up..YOU DESERVE TO BE SKINNY!!!!!!!! If it is what you want :mrgreen: I LOVE FOOD but hated my on again and off again war with it..It's easier to just let it go..YOU CAN DO THIS!!!--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Ash's mom » August 4th, 2005, 1:28 pm

I forgot half way through your post Martha that you weren't talking directly to me...but I felt as though you were.

Very well said!!

I'm sure most of us have these inner battles with ourself....I know I do. After only being onboard for a week I unintentionally put myself in a position of not eating anything until 2 in the afternoon and called it a loss after that and hit the drive through. I had no idea I would have to stand in line so long and thought I was going to pass out by the time it was all over with due to not eating anything......I had to stay in line to try and get my son in a particular school I really want him to go to and nothing was pulling me out of that line (unless I would have passed out that is). Anyway...being in a hurry in the morning and being unprepared got me in big trouble. I was going on vacation the next day and stayed off MF over the weekend since I had already semi blew it. Then on Monday I got right back down to business and after one day being back on, I was right where I was before I went off MF. I guess I got lucky, but I'm not taking any more vacations anytime soon...so I'm good to go and more motivated than ever. Now the granola bar stays in my purse in case of emergencies....learned the hard way I guess.

Daisey....I know you can do it!! If I can come off for 3 days without being to far off course I know you can overcome your ice cream slip-up. I'm sure we have all had this happen at one time or another. I'm still a newbie to this, but after my slip up so soon after starting, I'm staying the course...I'm not giving up and I know you won't either.

Hang in there and stalk the site frequently...I feel like I'm on here every hour (looking for Martha's latest post to keep me motivated). I think she's on here as much as I am!! hehehe

Take care and stay positive....we all deserve this...let's do this together...one day at a time!!

Heather
Ash's mom
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby martha » August 4th, 2005, 4:43 pm

HEATHER--

Yes just call me and you the forum stalkers :mrgreen: :mrgreen: This keeps me on track and keeps me off my own back feeling sorry for myself :mrgreen: -- What a great day it was when I tripped over this forum and program.. It was quite by accident and ASK JEEVES that it came up.. I love it here and try to get on as much as possible just in case someone needs to talk.. want to help anyone I can just as this forum has helped me..Thanks for all your kind words to me.. They mean alot to me.Together we will make it to our goals..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Eating

Postby Jan » August 5th, 2005, 9:01 am

Hi Guys,
Yup, when you go on a splurge it does foul up the program as far as ketosis is concerned. :x That's what keeps the hunger problems away. But, hey three days is not a lot of time to make it thru again so that you can be happily on program. :mrgreen: You are not alone in the temptation to eat. We all have it and sometimes we all "blow" it. :x But it's what we do day in and day out that really affects our weight. As I've said many times one bowl of ice cream didn't cause you to gain 50 pounds. So.. pick yourself up and get on with it. You'll make it. :mrgreen:
Now as to motivation. You know it is nice to be thin and look great in our clothes. But even more important is to be healthy. :D I mean really healthy. Know that you are doing everything possible to help yourself avoid the medical pitfalls of being overweight. There are so many and everyday we read about more and more problems. We are literally eatting ourselves to death. :x Nancy calls it "forkaside" and it is. We want to be healthy. We want to live long and quality filled lives not just exist. We want to enjoy the benefits of life not wonder if we can "fit" into a seat. If we'll be turned away because we are too heavy. If we will be embarassed and have to buy 2 seats on the plane. If we have to tell our children or others I'm sorry I /we can't go because there's no way I can get in.
Think about it -- it makes it much easier to say "no" to temporary gratifications.

jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.