time date

MakeMeThinner Forum or Website (techie) related Topics.

time date

Postby LilMsTexas » May 2nd, 2005, 4:14 pm

Unca.........how can I fix my time/date. I'm in VA and the times that are posting are all wrong.
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Dean0408 » May 2nd, 2005, 7:18 pm

Hi Christi,

Go in your profile and change your time zone to "GMT -4 Hours". That should do it since you are in the eastern time zone and are on daylight saving time.

What time does it say at the top of the page when you go to "forum" right now?

Dean
Dean0408

Postby dlr2424 » May 2nd, 2005, 8:01 pm

..........Oh Dean.....thank God your back..... :secret: .....our buddies were begining to wonder if you were abandoning them ...... :?: ......but I said you'd be lost without us...... :whistle: ....... :huh:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 2nd, 2005, 8:07 pm

Uuuh, Dean - could you please tell me what to set my time thingie at too? :oops: I live in Texas (central time zone - daylight savings). My time is all messed up too....Thanks alot - it'll be alot nicer to see the real time instead of always trying to figure out when the posts were actually made!
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby Unca_Tim » May 2nd, 2005, 9:43 pm

To set your time, log in and click on your "Profile" button.
Scroll down til you see the timezone setting. Depending on what time zone you're in, you'll have to set it to -7 for pacific time.... -6 mountain..... -5 central.... -4 eastern.

The forum FAQ's explain this here:
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/faq.php#8

That changes when the daylight/standard time changes and you have to adjust it again then.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby fatBgone » May 2nd, 2005, 9:53 pm

Ah Ha!! That was easy....much better!! THANKS!!
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby Dean0408 » May 3rd, 2005, 12:24 am

dlr2424 wrote:..........Oh Dean.....thank God your back..... :secret: .....our buddies were begining to wonder if you were abandoning them ...... :?: ......but I said you'd be lost without us...... :whistle: ....... :huh:
Donna...dlr2424

You are right Donna.......I would be lost. I have been VERY busy the last few days making CD's for my daughter's upcoming wedding. She is going to give CD's to the guests of favorite songs that she and her almost husband have chosen. Then I had to make the CD labels with their picture on them, as well as a front and back cover for the jewel cases.

Additionally, I am redoing the back yard for the 10th time since we have lived here.......... (Heidi always wants something changed)

Sooooooooo...........I have not abandoned you, I am just kind of busy for the time being. I did post in the Roll Call on Sunday.......you must have missed it.

Talk to you soon..........you are just about to the 30 pound club I see :D

Great Job Donna!

Dean
Dean0408

Postby LilMsTexas » May 3rd, 2005, 3:52 am

Thanks Dean. I knew WHERE to go and HOW to do it........I just didn't know which time zone I was in :roll: hehe

And it sounds like you are INCREDIBLY busy! The CD idea is AWESOME! What a great "guest gift" at the wedding!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby DonicaB » May 3rd, 2005, 7:58 am

Hey Dean~~ weddings are stressful huh? The CD's sound like a marvelous idea. They will cherish those for years to come.

Just remember everything will come together for their special day. All will be beautiful and will be just as your daughter has dreamed.

That reminds me of my wedding, my flower girl broke out with the chicken pox the day before the wedding. She, of course, had the flower girl dress and lived in another state. I had to find not only another flower girl, but another dress. I was soooo stressed, but , alas, all came together and everything went well. Except it was the hottest day of the year, temps were about 105 and the heart that our friends put on the hood of the car with shaving cream, ate through the paint and we had a permanent heart on our hood. :heart: But ya know I wouldn't have traded it for the world. Nothing is better than having friends and family together to share in the celebration of love.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » May 3rd, 2005, 2:30 pm

..........Dean..........you putting in all the work is the sweetest thing and as a daughter it would be a cheerished memory I would always have of my dad..... :heart: ........ I love to see Dads really be involved with their childrens life. That would be right up my husbands path....making cd's for his girls...as he is so good at that stuff........ I'm sure you will be glowing with pride to walk her down the isle. My prayers to you all for that special day! ..... :angel: ......oh and by the way..... :secret: ...we knew you had to have been busy cause I don't think you would up & leave us...... ;) ...we just wanted to get your attention....... :D
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dean0408 » May 3rd, 2005, 4:20 pm

Thanks for the support ladies. I will be back slinging my nonsensical meanderings in a short time. I am in California..........the wedding is in Cincinnati, OH, which is where my daughter lives. Lots of things to do.........lots of details to attend to.

Donica.........that permanent heart on your hood made me sick. I couldn't live with that........I am anal about my vehicles. That hood would have been re-painted before the week was out.

Donna...... I would never just up and leave you.....also, I am certain your hubby would do an EXCELLENT job on the CD's. I am spending more time getting the covers and labels just right than I spent actually downloading (legally) and burning the songs. I took some of my favorite engagement photos that they had taken and doctored them up. I made them sepia in photo shop, then titled everything. I was having a hard time coming up with a title for the CD. Then last night, the title hit me.........sort of a play on words. I called it "Our Wedding Album". I thought that was catchy, so did Heidi.

Christi.......Glad you are on the right time now. Some forum type software use the Grenich Mean Time like this one does.......others use plain English and let you select the time zones by name and daylight savings time is done automatically. (I know I spelled Grenich phoenetically instead of correctly) Anyhow, once you know where you are in relation to GMT, it is easy to adjust.

Talk to you guys later, things are fairly quiet on the forum it seems anyhow.........or .........is that because I am not here to make noise?..hehe

Dean
Dean0408

Postby DonicaB » May 3rd, 2005, 5:32 pm

Dean~ we didn't care about the car. You see we were seniors in college, no money, (not smart I might add). That car was a 1970's something Plymouth Horizon. It was a piece of junk. As a matter of fact we had to junk it a few months after we got married.

Those were tough years, luckily things have changed since then. We drive pretty decent vehicles now. Not the one I want mind you, but decent. :redprowl:

So don't worry your newly skinny self about the car. But ya might want to make sure your future son-in-laws friends don't put shaving cream on their car :D

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Return to The Web Room