This is it!!!!!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

This is it!!!!!!!

Postby coco » May 1st, 2005, 5:25 am

Ok, Hey all!

I have been doing MF for a year now, and I know it works (It does! It does!) but I have this horrible cheating habit. I started at 237 last year, lost a bunch right away by being pretty compliant (i dont know if i've ever ben TRULY perfect on this, really) on the 5-1 plan. Now of course for months I've been messing around, restarting every few days until i decide to cheat and eat really stupid things (its not worth it...i find i pass up great food all the time only to binge on real crap later). This is a ridiculous pattern, and it needs to stop now!!
So...once and for all, I have decided to give this a real shot. I have changed my profile with my current weight as my start point, so it's like i am starting out fresh and excited. I also finally added a ticker, yay!! (its bizarre how much motivation I seem to expect from that thing) AND this time I am going to do full fast on any day I dont know i have a great, appropriate lean and green availbale to me...In the past I have gone out of my way to get in that meal, which i think lead me to think about food a little too much...now, if im not at a social event, lunch/dinner mtg. etc with a lean and green there, I will just MF it all the way! (should work out about half and half). Anywhoo, sorry for rambling, but I'm getting psyched up to really lose this weight like all you great people here on the forum....where I intend to post much more often...now that Ill have GREAT things to post, right? I read here all the time anyway, so i may as well post.
It's been a while since ive been active in posting, so most of ya dont know me, but i read your posts and want to congratulate you on the great work you're doing!!! You are awesome and supportive people, and I cant wait to talk to you more and share the MF love!
~Coco
245/240.4/140
mini goal: 224
coco
Trusted Member

Postby doglover » May 1st, 2005, 5:56 am

I am so happy for you Coco! You can do it and have the right tools and mind set to get it done! Welcome aboard w/ both feet this time! No dragging that lazy left foot (this is a saying from my childhood when someone was not completely 100% committed to something. I don't mean to call you lazy!) ;)
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 1st, 2005, 7:02 am

Coco~~it is wonderful that you have made the commitment to "GET R DONE". You said it yourself "It does work". You know that already, you just have to give it your all as Donna said.

We are here for you, come and post with us. :puter: It helps so much knowing that there are people pulling for me. People I don't really even know, except for what they write here. How great is that!!!People helping people that don't even know. What a great group of people!!!!!! (I wonder how many times I can say the word PEOPLE in this post :D )

You are gonna make COCO, and we are here to help!

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby fatBgone » May 1st, 2005, 7:42 am

Coco,
YOU CAN DO IT!!! Anytime, you're thinking of straying - come here and read and/or talk and it'll help you to stay focused. If you're not home when the food monsters :twisted: are calling you, just think about us and hopefully that will be enough! We're all here for each other!! Glad you're ready to make the committment this time....once you take hold of your determination - then your willpower will win - and you'll be so happy & proud of yourself!! :D
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 1st, 2005, 9:23 am

COCO..............YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!...once and for all............. :yes: ................pray for your inner strength to come fourth.......... :angel: .............use this forum..... :yay: ....read the books.... :pagesturn: ....lets all GET IT DONE!!!!!!!! ...........we are worth far to much to stay miserable in FLABVILLE........and besides we have great friends waiting for us in THINNIEVILLE.............. :hug:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby raederle » May 1st, 2005, 9:28 am

Hi Coco-- I've seen your name around the boards for some time now, and I'm so glad you've recommitted! It's great to see you re-emerge into the MF sunshine, and you sound as if you've really got the energy and dedication you need to bring you to the finish line once and for all. Congrats!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby coco » May 1st, 2005, 10:54 am

thanks yall for all your support!
Today's been great so far, but one question: I had my last supplement an hour and a quarter ago, and i really want to start in on the MF pudding I made and froze this am...NOW!! I know it's supposedly ok to add an exra supp during the first few days if needed, but in terms of timing, do you thin eating again so close to last meal keep my out of ketosis? Can I go ahead worry-free, or do i just shut my mouth for another hour?
Thoughts?
~Coco
245/240.4/140
coco
Trusted Member

Postby coco » May 1st, 2005, 11:45 am

crisis averted...left room...did some work...back and eating it now, mmm :D
245/240.4/140
coco
Trusted Member

Postby fatBgone » May 1st, 2005, 1:22 pm

Coco,
I think you'll be fine!! I read somewhere that in the first few days if you get hungary to go ahead and have an extra shake....and I think that would mean any of the supplements. Just do what you need to do these first 3 days so that you can stay on track!! Don't forget - you can have pickles or celery too, which might help a little.

Check in with us tonight and tell us how your day went!! It's more than 1/2 way over now.... :-P
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 1st, 2005, 1:59 pm

If I feel like I am dying of hunger and it is not time for a supplement, I have my "special" soup. First, I prepare beef bouillon. I make sure it is pretty hot. Then I add a SMALL amount of boiled cabbage. Then, a splash of red wine vinegar and a little hot sauce. I use Il Tapatio, which is a Mexican red pepper sauce, but Tabasco or another Louisiana sauce would be fine. Then, I do not DRINK the bouillon, I use a spoon. A spoon means it takes longer to eat. I don't know if it is the heat or the spiciness, but this takes away my hunger pangs. The cabbage makes me feel I am actually eating something. Try it! ;)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby coco » May 1st, 2005, 6:54 pm

Well, day one down on my way back into losing! I just had a great MF oatmeal, and I'm done for the day now (its about 10pm). Ready for day two, thanks to all!!
I feel fine, and not hingry, but sooo tired!
But sooon, so soon, I will feel the great feeling of shrinking!! I have really missed that in all my dithering these past months.
Hope everyone's sunday went well!
~Coco
245/240.4/140
coco
Trusted Member

Postby coco » May 1st, 2005, 6:57 pm

There we go, time fixed! May as well do this right!
See yall tomorrow!
~Coco
245/240.4/140
coco
Trusted Member

Postby coco » May 2nd, 2005, 3:55 am

well actually that was 12 hours off...this should fix it. Happy monday! :D
245/240.4/140
coco
Trusted Member

Postby LuzInIt » May 2nd, 2005, 10:52 am

Hi Coco - Glad to see you rededicated here. I was talking to my pal Karen (LessOfMe) on the phone this morning about doing the complete v. 5/1. She asked her doctor about being hungry on MF; he told her she would probably have less hunger pains doing the complete. From my experience over the past 40+ days, I was able to confirm that. I am probably doing about 60% complete, and the days I just MF, I am never hungry. Those familiar gut gnawlings pop up only on the days I have a lean/mean. I'm one of those who absolutely love my Medifast - I actually go in mourning over a missed shake when a social occasion (or keeping my husband company for a meal out) requires the ingestion of "real" food. Just keep your eyes on your goal. Nancy's example shows that we really only have to invest a very short period of time to obtain miraculous, life-changing results! :D
PS - I see we share a mutual affection for that sweet little elephant on our tickers.
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt

Off and on

Postby TubbyMom » May 2nd, 2005, 12:12 pm

Glad to see everyone is staying focused. I on the other hand went off the plan for the weekend because I had a function out of town and didn't want the spot light to be on me. I had a little alcohol and a little sweets but I am back full on. I have lost 15 lbs and have lots more to go. I think the real key has to be the exercising. I haven't seemed to be able to start that yet. Too much going on in the evening and still too ashamed to walk during the day. The strange part is that it is so easy to go back into this when you have all the stuff. It is not like other diets that you have to re-engineer your thinking. You just wake up have your shake, take all your stuff to work and ta--da all ready for you. Thank the heavens.
TubbyMom

Next

Return to Come on in.