This is it!!!!!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby doglover » May 2nd, 2005, 12:15 pm

I agree Tubbymom (cute name by the way!). I love that it is a no-brainer to just wake up and open packet and stir! Sometimes nuke! Makes this by far the easiest thing I've done!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

What is a ticker

Postby TubbyMom » May 2nd, 2005, 12:30 pm

Hi Coco. I was reading your message. You said you added a ticker. What is a ticker? I am strating to think that the full fast is the way for me too because I think a lot about what I am going to eat. I try and make dinner for my family. If not they want to eat out and drag me along and I watch them eat. Not real fun. Maybe I should just have a soup and call it a day.
TubbyMom

What is a ticker

Postby TubbyMom » May 2nd, 2005, 12:31 pm

Hi Coco. I was reading your message. You said you added a ticker. What is a ticker? I am strating to think that the full fast is the way for me too because I think a lot about what I am going to eat. I try and make dinner for my family. If not they want to eat out and drag me along and I watch them eat. Not real fun. Maybe I should just have a soup and call it a day.
TubbyMom

OOPs

Postby Tubby mom » May 2nd, 2005, 12:32 pm

Sorry every one I'm a goof. I hit submit twice.Sorry. Those little emoticons don't work on my machine. If I could use one I'd be blushing.
Tubby mom

Postby coco » May 2nd, 2005, 1:09 pm

Hi!
A ticker is the little thing at the bottom of my messages with the elephant on it. (Yes, he IS cute!). I have to confess that although i said id do Full fast if needed, I havent yet...I've been fully on program, but definitely ate my lean and greens...Hope everybody's doing well today!!
~Coco
245/240.4/140
mini goal: 224
coco
Trusted Member

Postby 24KaratGold » May 2nd, 2005, 1:20 pm

Coco, I think TubbyMom can't see the tickers because she is a guest, not a registered member, and only registered members can see the signature lines where the tickers are.

TubbyMom, if you follow this link: http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/prof ... e=register you will be able to register on this site. You will then be able to view people's signatures, and to exchange Private Messages and Emails with people. You will also be able to ask Unca Tim to post an avatar for you if you want, and you will be able to join the "Pounds Lost" clubs.

Welcome to the boards!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby coco » May 3rd, 2005, 4:55 am

Hi and good morning!

It turned out I did not have much time to post yesterday after all, it was an unexpectedly crazy day! I was, however, on plan all day! Hope yall were too!!! Sadly, I decided yesterday to move my ticker every time i weighed (bad idea i know) so yesterday I moved it down, and today, back up to 212...for apparently no reason :( Oh well, I know it'll go up and down from day to day...just looking for a general trend down. Guess I figured i was so high at 212 that it would keep going down every day for a while at least as long as i didnt cheat. Actually, this disappointment has made me extra-motivated to stick to the plan PERFECTLY today!!!! (while I wont be ale to move the elephant down every day even being perfect, there's no "weigh" I will be able to move him down if I am NOT perfect, right? ;) ) And I refuse refuse refuse to go any higher...EVER!
Ok, sorry for rambling. Have a great day!!!!!!!! Shakashakashakashaka (actually, I'm more into the other supplements when I dont have a blender around, which I dont right now....)
~Coco
245/240.4/140
coco
Trusted Member

Postby coco » May 3rd, 2005, 3:36 pm

Greatest thing!
While I may or may not actually be shrinking, someone asked me today if I had lost weight!!! I am surrounded by thin people, so people hardly ever comment on my weight loss--I'm still just bigger than most people here...even when I showed up this fall almost 40 pounds lighter than the last time theyd seen me, I didnt get many comments at all. So, having someone say I looked like id lost weight today really made my day, and I think I'll ride on that for a few days...I came straight back here and ate an oatmeal! I know its shallow, but I really DO want people to notice, and say how great I look :oops: Can't help it. How bout yall? Do you find comments help you? How long before you started getting positive feedback on your appearence?
~Coco
245/240.4/140
coco
Trusted Member

Postby DonicaB » May 3rd, 2005, 5:43 pm

Coco~ I had that very thing happen today. I went down to lunch (I have to eat with my students in the cafeteria) and low and behold right in front of my usual seat was this huge and scrumptious looking cake. I sat my bar and my sugar-free jello down at my seat and went to get a glass of ice water. While I was getting my ice water one of the ladies I eat lunch with asked me how much weight I have lost and told me I am really looking good. (She is the first person to notice other than my DH) I told her she didn't know how much I appreciated that because now I could go back to my seat and ignore that cake. Who knows what I would have done if she hadn't commented on how I looked. I like to think I still would have ignored the cake. :huh: It is funny how things work together sometimes.

I'm sure it won't be long that lots of people start to notice your weight loss and I think we all want people to notice. I think that is a pretty normal desire.

DonicaB :yeah:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby fatBgone » May 3rd, 2005, 6:56 pm

Hi Coco,
I've lost right at 25 lbs so far, and I haven't had alot of comments....none from my DH....unbelievable, uh? One of my daughters has noticed & a couple of my friends...but that's all. I guess I care a little, but not enough to really bother me. I personally can tell - especially in my clothes because I've gone down from an 18/20 to a 14/16. I hope by the end of the summer I'll be a size 10....I just think that when I've lost 50 pounds, people will HAVE to notice...whether or not they choose to comment - well that's another thing. :roll:

Sometimes (especially for those of us who are "heavy") I think people don't know what to say exactly, because even though they're offering a compliment, it might sound like a backwards insult....like - wow - you were really FAT before, glad to see you're finally doing something about it - even though that's not what they're really trying to say...does that make sense...or am I just rambling?? :?

Well, I'm glad someone noticed for you today & the timing couldn't have been more perfect!! You showed true determination to stay away from the cake calling your name!! Good Job!!!

I had a "dinner meeting" last night with all the swim team board members and we went to an Italian restaurant that probably has some of the best pizza I've ever had....YUM....but I just ordered a grilled chicken caesar salad and refrained from eating those evil carbs :twisted: and was proud of myself. I had almost talked myself into allowing myself to have just one piece when I was driving there....but came to my senses when I got there. We're all getting stronger every day!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby coco » May 4th, 2005, 3:25 am

Yay Lisa and DonicaB!

Nice job resisting temptation, both of you!
Let's go for some more of that today, and hopefully more nice comments to come from it. I am headed to the gym with a friend this morning...I have technically been doing MF for quite some time now, not just the few days since i've decided to "rekindle the flame," so I think that should be ok. I really don't want to screw this up, but excercize is also a big part of my life and I keep pushing it off, saying oh well, restart number two thousand, Illl have to wait another four weeks to excersize hehe. I'm just going to take it kind of easy, so 30 minutes easy on the elliptical, and it should be more relaxing than taxing...ooh tht rhymed! I get to move my ticker back down today! (so obsessed! All I want is to move that thing down every day!).
Good luck and stay in touch!!!!
~Coco
245/240.4/140
coco
Trusted Member

Postby coco » May 4th, 2005, 3:28 am

Hey!!
1.6, not 1.5!!! Ticker factory, what are you trying to do to me, drive me craaaazy? Oh too late!!
245/240.4/140
coco
Trusted Member

Postby doglover » May 4th, 2005, 4:36 am

I don't get a lot of comments on my weight loss either which is VERY close to 30 lbs now. I don't know why. Again, I seem to carry weight well and I do not wear form fitting clothing so maybe they can't see it as much. But I do get a lot of stares and looks by people which really looks like they've noticed but don't want to say anything. But the few people who have commented say "wow you've lost a lot of weight" so I know it's noticeable. There's just such a stigma about weight and I think people don't want to say anything afraid a comment will come off the wrong way, like fatBgone said.

Anyway, congrats on all the resisting of tempation out there! Shake it another great day!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby kassilou » May 4th, 2005, 7:46 am

Maybe that's what it is, Donna. I've now lost 50#, and while I did start out darn high and still have 100 to go, I would think I look a little different with that much off. But either I don't, or people just don't know what to say. It's not like they can say "you look good", because I don't, but it's kinda strange. I've even got a SIL who I was telling how much I was losing...absolutely no response or encouragement.

Doesn't matter...that's what I come here for! Thanks for bein' there, y'all! :mrgreen:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 4th, 2005, 8:52 am

fatBgone wrote:Sometimes (especially for those of us who are "heavy") I think people don't know what to say exactly, because even though they're offering a compliment, it might sound like a backwards insult....like - wow - you were really FAT before, glad to see you're finally doing something about it - even though that's not what they're really trying to say...does that make sense...or am I just rambling?? :?

...Lisa ...that was perfect..... :yes: .......I do think many people are unsure so therefor they don't comment...... :huh: ......and as far as your DH........mine hasn't said that much either....but then again...he is so use to me always being on some type of diet.....losing....gaining.....losing .....gaining...that he gives me my space...however he is always complementative......as long as OUR scales are going down then we know we are doing the right thing........... :yay:

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Come on in.