this is harder than i thought!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

this is harder than i thought!

Postby lisalisa29 » May 27th, 2004, 8:34 am

Day 1 was not good. After work, i had my 'meal' of salad and chicken, but was still so hungry , even after waiting for a while and drinking water. My question is can we eat jello? i didn't order any of the 'snacks', thinking that i would be ok with just the shakes but.....could a fatfree hotdog that had 60 calories be ok as a snack, or maybe deli sliced turket breast, if i only ate a slice or 2??? i thought i understood the rules, but i guess i need help!!!!!!! :oops:
lisalisa29

Postby Echo » May 27th, 2004, 8:49 am

It is so hard to change eating habits, especially if you are like I was and pretty much ate what I wanted, when I wanted, and in the amounts that I wanted. In the FAQ topic it says we can have three stalks of celery, boullion, medifast crackers, cappacino and soups, some people even have two pickles a day. The soup and sugarfree gum are two things that I end up using when I'm feeling really hungry. Sometimes I will distract myself too by taking a shower, doing a facial or a manicure. Make sure you are getting all you water and vitamins and not missing any shakes. I wouldn't eat anything that isn't approved on the plan for a snack if you can avoid it. In no time you will see the results! Just look through the weight room and studio to see the results others have gotten is inspiring. It's help me lose 14 lbs in less than 3 weeks!

Hope this helps,

Echo
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby lisalisa29 » May 27th, 2004, 10:19 am

Awesome, i will try harder today, but i already ate my lean portion for the day and its not even 3pm!!! I will think of your weight loss when i want to eat that bag of cheetos, and go for a walk instead, with a bottle of water of course! thanks!
lisalisa29

Postby Guest » May 27th, 2004, 10:37 am

WHAT HELPED ME IN THE BEGINNING WAS IF I WAS HUNGRY INSTEAD OF EATING SOMETHING THAT WASN'T ON THE LIST I HAD AN EXTRA SHAKE- BELIEVE ME AN EXTRA SHAKE WILL REALLY HELP SUBSIDE YOUR HUNGER- AND FOR THE 1ST 3 DAYS IF YOU NEED AN EXTRA SHAKE THATS FINE. iT WILL NOT EFFECT YOUR WEIGHT LOSS BUT OTHER THINGS (HOTDOGS) COULD. ONCE YOU GET PAST THE FIRST FEW DAYS YOUR HUNGER WILL GO AWAY- I PROMISE. GOOD LUCK AND REMEMBER IT'S JUST THE 1ST 3 DAYS YOU NEED TO GET THRU AND IT WILL GET EASIER KEEP SHAKIN

Postby Amanda » May 27th, 2004, 10:39 am

that was me above i forgot to log in - nice to meet you by the way :lol:
Peace & Love,
Amanda

Start Date: 5/14/2004

262.5/227.5/135
Amanda
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby MegMc » May 27th, 2004, 6:12 pm

The first few days are tough, Lisa. Your body needs time to adjust, and you need to adjust some of your habits. That's why I made a deliberate effort to start MF on a weekend, where I had more control over how I spent my time. I didn't have to deal with the usual food triggers at work. Instead, I read a book, watched a movie, or took a nap to get me through to the next shake. Those things are "treats" to me, so I didn't feel too deprived. By the fourth day, I rarely felt hunger. Now, I only get hungry when my schedule gets messed up and I don't get a shake within 4 hours of the last one. That's not to say that I don't crave certain foods from time to time, like when I'm tired, bored, emotionally stressed, or when those awful food commercials are on the tube! But, those cravings aren't hunger, and I'm learning the difference.

If you started on Wednesday, I'll bet this weekend you'll start to feel much less hungry, and find this easier to stick with. Hang in there, and let us know how you're doing!
Meg
(highest weight - 9/7/03 - 254.5)
Medifast Start Date - 5/15/2004
246.5/223.0/115.0
MegMc
Regular Member - #20 Club

metamucil

Postby trish » May 27th, 2004, 8:04 pm

For the first 3 days I also drank a lot of hot tea and 2 glasses of metamucil in ice cold water ( add 2 cups water to 1 tablespoon metamucil and it taste like an ornage drink). You need the Metamucil to keep from getting constipated. Good Luck.

Texas Trish
trish

Return to Come on in.