think I'm gonna cry

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

think I'm gonna cry

Postby MusicalMomma » January 27th, 2006, 8:01 am

I know there are times when weighloss stalls...but I didn't think it would be IN THE SECOND WEEK!!! :uhuh: I am following the program to the letter but the scale has stalled :( I know I shouldn't weigh every day, but I feel like my age (37) and having four kids has caught up with me. I don't know how to handle slow losses, but when I think of the alternative, what choice do I have? I'm NOT turning back! But to be spending all of this moola and to have stalled in the second week is discouraging :(
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby smartipantz » January 27th, 2006, 8:12 am

Hi Mom,

You and I must be having similar symptoms here. I was JUST sitting here thinking the same thing........ but not to the point of crying. Here's my thoughts:

I just finished week 2 yesterday and have lost 8.5 pounds. Trust me, I'm very excited about losing.... not bored with the program - I'm actually enjoying it. I look at alot of others and see them shedding pounds in a huge way but I haven't even hit the 10 pound mark. But losing 6 the first week and 2.5 the next week isn't too bad. But the fact that I actually gained a 1/2 a pound overnight after remaining at the 9 pound mark for a few days was a little deflating.

I'm sure I know why this is happening. I'm sure I'm going to be getting a visit from the dreaded Aunt Flo within days (maybe minutes..... who knows, she really didn't make an appointment). I just keep telling myself it's because I'm about ready to start and just around the corner I'm going to see myself drop again.

I know 2-4 pounds a week is normal........... and I'm within that 2-4 pounds so what the heck am I complaining about.

I do have one kinda weird question for anyone....... I'm getting a little nervous. I'm going to be taking a cruise in April............. I'm doing the math and it appears that I'm going to be bringing Aunt Flo with me.....Gosh, what a pain she is!!! Has anyone experienced a change in your schedule since starting medifast? I know, from previous weight loss efforts, that sometimes happens. I'm wondering if I need to visit the doctor for a little "manipulation of the schedule" or if nature takes its course (in a good way).

Inquiring minds wanna know...............

Mom, pat yourself on the back........... we are lighter than we were when we started and still having a good time :)
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby SueInSLO » January 27th, 2006, 8:16 am

Hi there MusicalMomma! :wave:

Like the pros have said......we all lose at different rates. It will happen!! You will probably have a big loss soon to catch up. I really believe that!
Don't give up!!

Also, make sure to measure yourself. You are likely losing inches even if the scale isn't moving YET.

I didn't show a loss either this 3rd week and I put the scale away until this morning. FINALLY a 2 pound loss, but not 5 pounds again. That's OK too. A pound lost is a pound lost, an inch lost is an inch lost.!!

You'll lose....stick to it........you're doing great!!! We can do this!!
I'm here cheering you on and so are lots of others!!!!
:cleader: :cleader: :cleader:

Take care and keep shaking!!
Sue
:D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby horsey girl » January 27th, 2006, 8:30 am

Joyce, I didn't stall in my second week but shortly after that and many times. I am 55 and have the slowest mtabolism in the world. Before medifast I think it was nonexistant! Anyway I started this program just one year ago and many times I was jealous of the speedy losers. I was an 18/ 20 even a 2X sometimes. I am now a 5/6! I stuck with it even when I did stall. Make sure you are not letting extra carbs sneak in your snacks, condiments etc. That really slows me up. Some people are more sensitive than others. Thats probably not your problem yet though. It may just be fluid fluctuation after your body dumped a bunch last week. You are young. How long has it been since you weighed 155? You will be amazed at how much different you feel and how much faster you are at chasing those kids :mrgreen: Don't compare your loss to others. It will just make you feel sorry for yourself. Keep your eyes on the prize. IT IS WORTH IT! Ignore the scale when it doesn't respond. You will find that the weeks that the scale doesn't move, the inches still do. I kept buying clothes and in some cases the inches went so fast I never got to wear them :shock: Stick with it and happy shakin! Horsey Girl
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby falisamarie » January 27th, 2006, 8:45 am

Joyce

Hang in there girl!! We are all rooting you on. I bet that Sunday when you step on that scale you will see results but even if you don't we both know you are following the plan to the letter and we both know it works so try not to get too down and out the lbs will come off.

You can do it

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Guest » January 27th, 2006, 9:03 am

What everybody else said. ;)

Go over to the Elevator forum and read my post on Plateaus.

When I started this program a year ago, my first week I lost 14.5 pounds (I had 110 to lose). The second week I lost 4 pounds. The third week I lost 0.5 pounds (all these were Sunday to Sunday weights). The fourth week I lost . . . 0.5 pounds. Can you imagine how frustrated I was? I held on by looking at people who had had success on this program, people like Nancy, and Mike, and Carrie, and Sylvia, and the woman in Hawaii I can't remember her name -- camille, I think. I went through all the Studio pictures before and after. And, most important of all, I STUCK WITH THE PROGRAM! NO CHEATS.

Week 5 was a 3.5 pound loss, and week 6 was 4 pounds. I started this program on Jan. 3 last year at 270, and on Feb. 3 I was between 246 and 247.5. On March 3 I was about 232. On April 3 I was 224.5.

I had taken two "breaks" before then, one to go to Hawaii and one to go to New York, and went back to MFing when I got home. The only reason I'm not "done" is that I stopped Medifasting in early September, having lost 90 pounds. I'm about five pounds heavier right now than when I stopped, due to the holiday. I'm back on MF now, and determined to get those last 25 or so pounds off before summer.

The program works. Sometimes our body adjusts to losing weight by changing the number on the scale, and sometimes it adjusts by changing the inches on the measuring tape. If you haven't already taken your measurements so that you have a starting point of reference, do so. Those weeks that the scale doesn't show much movement, check your measurements, you'll find that they have probably changed.

Hon, I started this thing at 47 years old, having been fat all my life, and having had so many diets either not work or stop working or just not be able to stay on them. This program works. It's like the bank: You deposit your Medifast into your body, and you take out fat. Hang in there. It works. I promise.

Oh. And don't weigh yourself every day. That'll drive you crazy until you do learn to trust the program. Once a week, no more.

Postby 24KaratGold » January 27th, 2006, 9:04 am

Dang, that was me. First time I've ever done that!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 27th, 2006, 9:08 am

Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby MusicalMomma » January 27th, 2006, 9:14 am

Thank you everyone :) You are all the best!

24KaratGold, you and I have A LOT in common! I also have been heavy all my life with simialr starting weights! You taking the time to share your journey with me brings me real hope! Thank you so much!!!!

Thank you all!!! I couldn't make it without all of you!!!!!!!!! I have NOT cheated and will NOT cheat (even though today is my husband's birthday and we're going out to dinner for our lean and green!!!)

Hugs and Kisses to you all :)
MusicalMomma

Postby DogMa » January 27th, 2006, 10:11 am

I'm like Horsey, one of the slowest losers in the world. In fact, at this point this is the only diet I've found where I can lose at ALL anymore.

But not losing for a couple of days isn't really a stall. I didn't stall in my second week, but I've also never shown a loss every single day. A real stall to me lasts at leasts three weeks (and I've had those, too, unfortunately).

I agree with the others. Don't weigh every day IF you're going to let it affect you so much. And remember that the scale fluctuates all the time. Usually if I don't lose for several days, I'll show a bigger (for me) drop later on or suddenly start dropping faster for a bit.

You'll get there. I've said it before (and I think I stole it from someone else), but this is a marathon, not a sprint.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Dayna » January 27th, 2006, 11:20 am

Definitely read that post on plateaus - it's a good one! I think after the initial "big" weightloss (the one that includes water weight), sometimes our bodies pause to take stock of exactly what's going on, and how to deal with it. I'm no expert, of course, but it's a pattern I've noticed with my own body during my dieting career.

Keep the faith, you can do it! We're all rooting for you! :cleader:

MusicalMomma wrote:today is my husband's birthday

Our husbands share birthdays. :D Must be something extra good about January 27 - it's Mozart's birthday, too!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna

Postby Dayna » January 27th, 2006, 12:09 pm

(Apologies for the double post . . .)

I was toodling through the forum, and read (for the first time) the Starting Out post in the FAQ section. This seemed particularly relevant to the current situation:
A Very Wise Person wrote:The Scale

The scale will fluctuate from day to day. All sorts of things affect it, including stress, not enough water, a visit from ‘Aunt Flo’, a little more salt, etc. Some people who have been very committed to the program can handle seeing a 2lb. increase, knowing it’s just part of the pattern and it will go away in a day or two. For others, it ruins their day. Realize that fluctuations WILL occur, but you 'can't NOT lose weight' as long as you stick with the program. It’s a good idea (if you can do it) to only weigh once a week, because you will see the ‘averaging’ weight loss.

Maybe write this on a post-it and stick it next to your scale, for those less-than-satisfactory weigh-ins (I'm thinking about doing that myself!). :D

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna

Postby Lauren » January 27th, 2006, 12:35 pm

Oh, Momma! (Yikes, that sounded like Ellen Degeneres!) Don't worry, it's going to come off, we ALL promise! I agree 100% with everyone who told you to stop getting on the scale if you are going to let it affect you.

YOU know when you are drinking enough water.

YOU know when you are eating all 5 supplements a day.

YOU know that you aren't eating more than 1 bar a day.

YOU know that your lean and green is really lean! And green!

YOU f-e-e-l lighter and better!

YOU need to trust in what you are doing and enjoy the process - don't let a silly scale tell YOU how the diet is going, YOU already know the answer!

Just breathe. And go have fun at dinner. And stop giving the scale any power, it's not the one with the power, you are. If you knew in your heart that you lost weight, and the scale said you lost 5 pounds, would you thank the scale? No! It's YOU! There is no scientific way that you are not going to lose weight if you keep on chuggin, so just keep on keepin' on!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby ilovedazee » January 27th, 2006, 12:35 pm

:oops: I'm guilty of weighin in everday too...Today is only my eighth day, but i'm doing good.

I've lost 9.5 since my highest weight, and 6 since my MF start date, wooooohoooo! I'm not so hungry anymore, drinking lots of water and warm herbal tea when I feel a little hungry.

Today was my birthday, and was having a hard time turning my dad down for lunch today, so I decided to have my L&G for lunch. Had a great grilled chicken breast and side of veggies(veggies had carrots! Avoided them!) from longhorns steakhouse. I know the chicken was marinated in something not on plan, but stuck to the "plan" best as I could. I'm glad I decided to go. I don't get to spend much time with my dad, I told him I was on a special diet, but I adjusted just to have his company. Do you think this will hurt me? I KNOW I'll be starving tonight at dinner, but plan on a nice warm bowl of chili to help me thru the evening...
ilovedazee

Postby MusicalMomma » January 27th, 2006, 1:08 pm

WOW!! You all are really such an encouragment....and Lauren, WOW, what you said really hit home! Thank you all!!!

Happy Birthday ilovedazee!!!!!!
MusicalMomma

Next

Return to The Weight Room