I'm fixin to cry myself...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I'm fixin to cry myself...

Postby Zinkette99 » January 27th, 2006, 3:37 pm

Well... I am starting off this weekend completely horribly. I had another cheat today... My husband left his chinese take out in the fridge instead of taking it to work with him... I divulged myself in Lo Mein and those fried things with the cottage cheese stuff in the middle. I am sitting here feeling like the biggest failure. Here I just lost 12 pounds and now I am probably going to gain it all back. I am so depressed... I am going to go to the gym tonight in the hopes of burning it off... Might this help?

I don't know why I did it. I am so weak its ridiculous. Its going to be like Day 1 for me tomorrow... :cry:
25 years old
5'8
Started MF'ing: 6/5/06
267/247/135

"Strive for perfection, allow for error. If you haven't given up, you haven't failed."
Courtesy of ChiNut :):)
Zinkette99
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 27th, 2006, 3:47 pm

Hey there Zinkette :hug: would it help if i told you that I had a sandwich today???? :oops: I wasnt ready to go out to eat yet. One good thing came of it tho, I realized how I act like an addict. I was convinced, I would have the turkey sandwich and side salad and would just resume the plan with no further interruptions until vacation. Well, I finished the sandwich and was chomping at the bit for MORE!!! It took every ounce of strength to say no to futher indulgence and walk away. I'm still craving 'bad stuff'. WELL, today is my hubby's birthday, so we decided to forgive ourselves and pick up where we left off. This is ONE day, we are in this for the long haul. Learn from it and keep moving toward the goal. WE WILL DO THIS!!!! :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Gwenski » January 27th, 2006, 3:50 pm

STOP!! You will live and it will be ok!!!!

Do you know how much Chinese food you would have to eat to gain your lbs back? Unless your hubby ordered for 50 and only ate for 10, I think you will be just fine. It may take a few days to get back on track but if you want it and work it, it will happen.

You have a great opportunity to learn from this. What triggered you and come up with a game plan for the future. Sometimes it is out fo sheer bad habit. We are seriously so spoiled these days that we want whatever we want -- PERIOD. Can you imagine waiting for anything or going without or wanting something and taking forever just to get it. If leftovers in the fridge are going to get you -- talking with your Mr. about how that isn't going to work for a while and ask him to work with you to come up with a resolution that works for you both. No take out leftovers in the house or fridge may be the way it is.

The journey has just begun and there has to be some obstacles, detours and bumps along the way. Don't let this be a sink hole. It is done and over with, look ahead, make a plan and know that life is unpredictable. You can always have the best intentions and plans and things will derail your from time to time. It will get easier and easier the more you get into this.

Don't cry please. Just take what you learned from this and continue forward.

Best wishes!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby falisamarie » January 27th, 2006, 4:57 pm

Don't beat yourself up over it guys :hammerhead: we all have weak moments and when we give into them we have to pick ourselves up and move on....the past is the past!!!!!!!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby ljm498 » January 27th, 2006, 5:43 pm

Zinkette, you've gotten great advice from everyone here. Don't beat yourself up over it, that will only make it worse. Forgive yourself, learn from what happened, like why it happened. Formulate a game plan for any future temptations, and start over as of NOW. And you definitely will not regain that weight that quickly.

Good luck!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Little off program

Postby Jan » January 27th, 2006, 6:12 pm

Hmmmm
Remember life is a learning experience. :D When we learn from our mistakes we make progress. All of us have had a foody trip or two -- I know I have :? The great news is all the weight does not come back with one foody trip :mrgreen: The caution is if this sends you off and running -- your old friend (extra pounds) will be visting again and maybe even moving in!! Just pick yourself up and get on with the program. You can do it. One of my weaknesses is nice hot french fries -- yup those greazy old carb laden things..... but ooooooh :roll: Today I had to go with my daughter and pick up a Rx. Of course the Rx had to be taken with food. She headed right off to the hamburger place -- she's 26 so I don't say toooo much :mrgreen: Well I made it home in her little Passat smelling those hot fries all the way!!! In the past I may have just reached the old paw out and stuffed one right in my mouth. But, I've learned that triggers me to an all out munching experience. :( I'm getting wiser -- but I've been at this for some time now. ;) On this program you will not only part with the pounds -- but you'll become much wiser also and less easily tempted. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » January 28th, 2006, 12:38 pm

Zinkette, you might want to stay off the scale for a few days, though. Chinese food is really high in sodium, so between that and the carbs, you're going to be packing on the water weight for a couple of days. Don't weigh yourself - and if you already have, don't freak out about what you see. It's temporary, and in a couple of days you'll be right back where you were before.

Other than that, ditto to what everyone else said.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LoriO » January 28th, 2006, 9:05 pm

Don't be too hard on yourself. It is a very rare person who never cheats. I absoultely LOVE Chinese food and my husband doesn't eat it now that I am on MF because he knows how much it would tempt me. I really appreciate that!!

Start Date 9/19/05
319/244.5/150
Lori
LoriO
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Return to The Weight Room