The Turkey is Back from the Trot

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

The Turkey is Back from the Trot

Postby Guest » December 5th, 2004, 5:37 pm

Hello to everyone! Gosh, I hadn't realised I'd been away as long as I have. So sorry for losing touch with everyone. I'm glad to see most all of the 'oldies' still around, though. I'm also delighted to see that Gerald is going great guns--you go, guy! What an inspiration!

Presently, I seem to be cruising through a rather extended bout with depression, but pills are definitely not the answer for me--that's how I gained 150 lbs in the first place, you know. So, I'll just hang on and realise things will be alright sooner or later. I've put back on 9 lbs, guys, and that's not helping the depression. I think I just fell into a really ugly cycle of depression/overeating to medicate/depression/overeating/etc., etc., etc.

I did do the Turkey Trot (5/10K) here in Dallas on Thanksgiving morning, although I walked it instead of running this time. But still, it was wonderful to be out among so many friendly people for a change.

Just in case I take another exended leave from the board, I do want to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very blessed Christmas. It meant a great deal to have each and every one of you in my life this year.

LandyLue

Postby RavenKat » December 6th, 2004, 5:24 am

LandyLue! Don't Leave!!! Keep coming here everyday even if you don't feel good. No one says you have to be perfect to participate in the forum. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I come here every day and write and read no matter what else is going on in my life. I promise, it'll help. Just making contact with people that care about you will work wonders.

Congrats on the turkey trot, too! It does a body good to get out in the fresh air and walk with all those other crazy people ;) .

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Marseilles » December 6th, 2004, 5:58 am

Im with Kat, Landy! please stick around?! We are more than just fair-weather friends around here and would love to hear more from you! We've missed you!!

-M.
:hug:
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby MomJackieLee » December 9th, 2004, 7:20 pm

LandyLue

If the pills you are taking make you gain weight, (Prozac did with me), ask your DR about other medications. I changed to Effexor XR and it does not cause weight gain.

Of course some meds work for some and do not work for others, but it is worth asking about.

Good luck!
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to The Weight Room