The Shakes Are Getting Better!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

The Shakes Are Getting Better!

Postby ascicles » March 9th, 2006, 12:47 pm

The first two shakes that I tried were vanilla and orange. I thought that both were horrible. I was worried that I was going to hate all of them.

Then came chocolate. It was great. Strawberry and Banana shortly followed and they both were even better!

Tommorow, I plan to go back to the vanilla and orange to see if I am adjusting to the shakes. If I still dislike them though, I have three shakes that I can enjoy daily.

I think my next order is going to be shakes, bars, and pudding. I kind of like the oatmeal, but I doubt I will want to eat it more than a few times a week. I'm sure I'll have plenty left by the time I make my next order.
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Lauren » March 9th, 2006, 1:15 pm

Ascicles, I made the mistake of throwing out whole boxes of packets in the first 3 days (including chili, minestrone soup, and cream of chicken). I so profoundly hated the tastes, that I panicked I wouldn't be able to do the diet bc I couldn't stand the flavor. However, as you've said, our palettes totally change throughout the process, and not just after the first week...over and over things taste different. I now really enjoy both the chili and the minestrone! A couple weeks ago I tried the Chicken w/ Wild Rice soup and thought it very bland, had to add tons of spices/herbs/pepper to tolerate it. But last night? I had it plain, and thought it was full of flavor and zest! Strange? Yep. But don't rule anything out, I promise it will come back in one of many weird cravings!

Have fun with it!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby ascicles » March 9th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely going to try some of the stuff again. The only thing that I refuse to put back into my mouth is the Cream of Chicken soup. That stuff is the most vile, putrid, liquid I've ever tasted. Even if I think I may enjoy it again, I don't think I could bring myself to actually put the first spoonfull into my mouth.
ascicles

Postby Lauren » March 9th, 2006, 1:37 pm

Well, that's what I said about the chili, and I'm eating it now! :-)
Lauren

Postby mmob » March 9th, 2006, 4:44 pm

I love the chili - but doctored up w/chili powder, onions and salsa. It's yuuuuuunmmmmy then, I also crunch up some MF crackers into it - thickens it nice!

The Cream of chicken soup is currently one of my favorites - didn't used to be - I added salsa, soup mix and water to the bullet and blend it - so the salsa is nice and smooth too - sort of releases more flavor - then I put a little peepper in it - it's YUMMY. I can't eat it plain - try doctoring things up - you will be amazed at the difference.

Cheers!
Maria

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby ascicles » March 9th, 2006, 5:04 pm

mmob wrote:The Cream of chicken soup is currently one of my favorites

Feel like making some trades?
ascicles

Postby ktrout » March 9th, 2006, 5:28 pm

I didn't care for the chili or minestrone the first time around, maybe I'll try them again. I like all of the shakes and all the bars of course
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby LovenElvis » March 9th, 2006, 6:13 pm

I have been were you are. The first thing I tried was the oatmeal and I cook it straight. I wanted to cry! :( I thought, "Man I just blew almost $300". BUt you know I tried it again, using other's suggestions and now the oatmeal and shakes are my favorite.

I tell everyone that I don't like vanilla and I thought that after the vanilla shake. However, I have learned to love what I can do with them!

Hang in there and keeping playing with them.
Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby mmob » March 10th, 2006, 8:24 am

I will always trade for more Cream of Chicken!!! Just say the word!

Cheers!
Maria

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Tastes Change

Postby Jan » March 10th, 2006, 11:05 am

Hi there,
Everyone is soooooo right. Our tastes do change. It's hard to believe but when you have lost all the weight you'd like your changed tastes stay right with you. Many of your old before weight loss favorites won't taste as good at all (That's a great thing!!!) Nancy Terry Paul and I are all down her in the Bay area. Of course you should have heard Nancy and I rejoicing when we spotted the microwave in the rooms. Ahhhhh breakfast oatmeal !!!! And right in the lobby was a continental breakfast -- danishes, bagels cinnamon toast etc. It didn't even look tempting!!
Oh as for that Cream of Chicken soup -- we have it in black and white -- your opinion that is -- sooooo watch out I've heard the same from some oatmeal haters who now can't get enough. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Weight Loss