How many shakes

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

How many shakes

Postby Tiolazz » March 30th, 2006, 4:26 pm

I was just reading one of the posts and it says that you should have at least 3 shakes every day. I thought you could combine the meals in any way you wanted as long as you didn't have any more than one bar per day.

I got my food in today, and divided it up into daily packages so I can just grap them and go in the morning thinking that everyday I will have a surprise of what to eat. I really don't want to obsess over my food any longer, one of the reasons I thought this would work for me.

Now I see that I am suppose to have 3 shakes everyday. :shock:

anybody have any comments on this, and will it work if I only do one or two shakes a day, and add oatmeal, soup and pudding in exchange?? :?:

HELP ! I want to do this right !!!

Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby ascicles » March 30th, 2006, 4:29 pm

I'm pretty sure that the 3 shake requirement has been changed. There is a post in the Announcement section about the new protocol that mentions this.

Personally, I usually have two shakes per day (Hot Cocoa, Bar, Shake, Shake, and a fruit punch or pudding for my last meal).
Last edited by ascicles on March 30th, 2006, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby SueInSLO » March 30th, 2006, 4:31 pm

Hi there!
You don't have to have 3 shakes a day...in fact you don't have to have any shakes if you prefer not to have them.

You just need to have 5 Medifast supplements per day plus your lean and green meal.

I know I added more shakes and NO bars when I wanted to break a stall by cutting back a bit on the higher calories supplements, but otherwise you can mix and match as you please.

Eat what you enjoy!!!

Good Luck! If I'm wrong here I'm sure someone will chime in.

Sue
:D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ascicles » March 30th, 2006, 4:32 pm

SueInSLO wrote:Hi there!

I know I added more shakes and NO bars when I wanted to break a stall by cutting back a bit on the higher calories supplements, but otherwise you can mix and match as you please.

Did it work?

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby ascicles » March 30th, 2006, 4:35 pm

By the way, here is the quote...

Dr. Andersen writes,

"After extensive review, including input from Johns Hopkins University, we are excited to announce a change in our 5 & 1 protocol. Your clients are no longer restricted to 3 cold shakes per day. They can choose any product from our large variety of complete Medifast meals to fulfill their 5 meal replacements each day."

Please note: Even though you may have five servings of Cappuccino or whatever combinaton of products you'd prefer a day, you may NOT have 5 bars a day! The bar rule still applies: One a day.

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby falisamarie » March 30th, 2006, 6:32 pm

ascicles wrote:

Did it work?

I can not speak for Sue (although I just adore her) but I know that when I weigh on Thurs and see no drop in weight I always switch to mostly shakes and no bars and by Sunday I see a drop. I don't know though if this is working or if I lose during the last couple of days before weigh in normally!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Arklahoma » March 30th, 2006, 10:04 pm

Tiolazz ... What everyone is saying is correct. Any five MF combo is fine as long as it's just one bar per day. I think you're taking this from the right perspective. Try not to obsess and just go with it! Later on, if it's not working then try to fine tune the program, but only if you're not losing 2-5 lbs per week b/c that's the norm with this program and should be our goal.

:goodluck:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » March 30th, 2006, 10:15 pm

I also can't speak for Sue, but cutting back on bars didn't change anything for me.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SueInSLO » March 31st, 2006, 7:41 am

ascicles wrote:

Did it work?

Hi..just getting back to the board!!

Yes, it did work for me and in fact I have done it twice since I started and it seemed to break my stalls. Coincidence?? Could be, but since it works for me I'll continue to up the shakes if my weight loss stalls again.

Also, since getting back from vacation last Sunday I have had NO bars (aacckkk) but I'm down 4 pounds already with 3 shakes a day, oatmeal, soup and my L & G. I say try to mix things up a bit and see what works for YOU.
Happy Shaking!

Sue

:D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.