The pork loin that wouldn't stop....

Add your favorite recipes.

The pork loin that wouldn't stop....

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 26th, 2006, 7:09 pm

Ok, so I believe in buying in bulk. I really have to tone that habit down but in this area it really does save quite a bit. I bought an 11 pound pork loin for right on 20.00 or 1.88 a lb.(I use to make fun of my mom for doing this) :oops: Thats a huge savings on what they normally sell the pork loin cuts here which is $4.99 a pound.

Even tho this thing was a monster I quickly cut off all the fat and begin slicing up my pork chops. It yielded approx. 18 chops weighing approx 4 oz and 10 chops weighing 5 oz. which I baggied up separatly for my lean portion now and again. For my family thats three "chops nights" and for me that 10 lean portions for my dinner.

So, what I am getting at, is for those pinching pennies...Buying my pork loin this way saved me approx. $34.89. that is a LOT of money that you could be useing toward your next order of medigrub! :D

I know..I'm a weirdo but I wanted to share. :-P

Hugs, Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby JustLynda » February 26th, 2006, 7:18 pm

Gina,

Repeat after me...

"not weird... quirky"
"not weird... quirky"
"not weird... quirky"

Oh, and terribly sensible. I'm headed to the market this weekend qnd plan to get a pork loin for myself. You've made a believer outa me!

-Lynda
Start Date: February 18, 2006
JustLynda
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Dayna » February 26th, 2006, 7:45 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! My hubby and I are great believers in buying meat in bulk - so much so that we buy our beef a quarter of a cow at a time (it doesn't hurt that my hubby's family raises the cattle . . .). A chest freezer in the garage is a bargain shoppers best friend.

Slicing it up into premeasured portions is a great idea. That would make weeknights MUCH easier!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby petiewheats » February 27th, 2006, 4:47 pm

I like to do my shopping savey via coupons. Buy the bogo item with the double coupon off-- you can get things for pennies sometimes. Many of my friends say I'm crazy for 'wasting time'. Got to do our savings where we can!!
Good deal on the pork, just don't get sick of it in the meantime!

Paula
petiewheats
Regular Member - #20 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine