It's The Little Differences That Count

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

It's The Little Differences That Count

Postby LessOfMe » April 13th, 2005, 2:26 pm

I thought it would be fun :yay: to share all of those "little differences" that we notice as a result of our weight loss. I have been on the program for three weeks and just reached a 20# loss. As I was doing laundry last evening, I noticed that for the first time in years I was not afraid to put my slacks and tops in the dryer! My clothing was getting loose and I didn't need to be afraid that it just might shrink. :yippee: I used to hang all of my pants and tops because I couldn't risk taking that chance. Even if we don't see the scale change, there are those "little differences" that can keep us focused. Anyone else have one they would like to share?

Karen
284/264
On Program since March 23, 2005
LessOfMe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 13th, 2005, 3:24 pm

Karen....that's exciting!!!! :bouncie: ....little differences for me.... :hmmm: ....I'm digging hard here... :scratch: ....I can double cross my legs.... :goofy: ...when my legs are too chubby I can't cross them comfortably....but when they start to shed some flabbage I can double cross them.....
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

The little things

Postby LilMsTexas » April 13th, 2005, 4:01 pm

I too have been putting some things in the dryer that I normally would have been concerned about. There are actually some things I am HOPING will shrink now!! :D

Today I wore a PRE-Pregnancy (from early spring 2003) outfit and it had a tank top underneath a chivone long-sleeve blouse and capri pants. NORMALLY......like forever it seems........I would NEVER wear ANYTHING in the LEAST bit CLINGY :shock: and I was still self concious about it today....but people were really raving on me today and how they could tell I've lost weight. This is the first day that has happened because I tend to wear my comfort zone baggy clothes. It was simply grand to get BACK into a 16 when I've been wearing 18-20 for the longest time. The capris are stretchy material so I don't think I'm in a full 16 yet.........but it sure was nice to get in them this morning and really feel I looked nice.

So here's to the LITTLE THINGS........for some day we will all BE the "little things" :D
CHEERS to all!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 13th, 2005, 4:34 pm

dlr2424 wrote:Karen....that's exciting!!!! :bouncie: ....little differences for me.... :hmmm: ....I'm digging hard here... :scratch: ....I can double cross my legs.... :goofy: ...when my legs are too chubby I can't cross them comfortably....but when they start to shed some flabbage I can double cross them.....
Donna...dlr2424

Hmmmmm..........seems to me if you double cross your legs too often.........they may never trust you again!! ;)

Dean
Dean0408

Postby doglover » April 13th, 2005, 5:19 pm

I had started a similar thread awhile back called "things I'm thankful for" Now I have new "little things"! Here's a weird one - I notice my seat belt does not bother me anymore! It used to hit me weird in the chest and belly and now I don't feel it!

I also like shaving my legs as when I look at them I am not totally disgusted!!!

And one BIG thing for me as that my wedding ring fits again and is even rather loose when my hands are cold! Yeah baby! :yippee:
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 13th, 2005, 5:37 pm

I usually have a small ring size and when I lose weight the first place I loose is ...................yes...my fingers... :roll: ..(like anyone ever says..... "you look like you lost weight in your fingers"...yeah right.... :hmmm: ...so unfortunately my rings don't stay on now....... :scratch: ...what's a girl to do.....I just came up with an additional reward when I reach goal.... :secret: ..don't tell DH he doesn't know yet.....but I deserve a new ROCK.... :yes: ...ohhh the rewards of when I reach goal....PRICELESS & ENDLESS.......... :yay:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby scrabbler7 » April 13th, 2005, 5:39 pm

Karen - I too have been trying to shrink some of my favorite things to stretch out that wear time.

Okay - I understand the double cross DonnaDogLover - and just the other day was thinking that I can't wait until I can do that again. Weird - I thought I was the only person who did that!!!!

And Donna2424 -- You know, we gotta come up with better ways to distinguish you two!!! -- my rings are all falling off. I went to the gym tonite and put them in my handbag rather than wear them because I was afraid they would fall off during my power walk. I can totally relate.

And Dean - you witty thing, you -- comon think hard ... what's one difference you've noticed? I know it's not a "manly" thing to do -- but ........... :D

I think one real difference I've noticed is that I wear my jewlery (necklaces and bracelets) more now ... I think it's because I feel better about how I look and I want to draw attention to myself by wearing nice things. I fit into almost all of my 12 Petite clothes now and people keep asking me if this outfit is new or did I just buy that. I just say ... this ole thing :roflmao:

HA --- gotta love it!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 13th, 2005, 5:52 pm

Okay Ame.....it's dlr2424 that does the double leg cross.......but I'll check with my good buddy... :buddies: ...donna/doglover..if she also does as we have a few other things in common..... :goofy: ....
The forum does get us confused ...although that's a compliment for me to be confused with DDL (donna..doglover)
Not sure how to rectify the confusion... :?: ...I'm open for suggestions.... :hmmm: ....maybe Dean or Nancy has a witty suggestion up their thinnie sleve.... :?:
Donna........dlr2424

dlr2424

Postby scrabbler7 » April 13th, 2005, 5:59 pm

Oh NOOOOOOO ---- I'm so confused!!

:3head: :hammerhead: :3head:
scrabbler7

Postby bikipatra » April 13th, 2005, 8:43 pm

When I put on my 20 dollar control top granny panties I don't feel like I am being strangled at the waist!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 13th, 2005, 8:49 pm

The Donna confusion is understandable. One is Doglover and the other is dlr2424. The DLR almost looks like an abbreviation for doglover. I am going to guess that DLR are your initials Donna (the Donna from R.I. that is). If that is the case, then you could be Donna R......or Rhode Island Donna.......sort of like Boston Rob on Survivor (and now on Amazing Race). When there were two Rob's on the show, he became Boston Rob. I never get you confused though........I know which Donna is which.

You are right Scrabbler, I should list some differences I have noticed now that I am more than 20 pounds lighter and three inches smaller in the waist. (actually, almost 4 inches).

Remembering that I pretty much just needed to get rid of a gut that I had somehow grown, the biggest thing I have noticed is how much easier it is to bend over and tie my shoes. A second thing is how much easier it is to do sit ups and crunches.

I also have a lot more flexibility. I can swing a golf club or a softball bat with much better form.

I have tons more jeans, shorts, shirts and suits that I can wear without even having to buy any new ones. In other words, I can once again wear the things I couldn't button just a few short weeks ago.

I can run faster, walk further and can do more push ups because there is less to push up. I can do these things without breathing nearly as hard as before.

When men have a protruding gut that is hard to the touch, (beer belly type), it means that the fat is beneath the stomach muscles and is actually pushing on your internal organs. This type of fat is much more dangerous to your health than surface flab. Your heart, lungs and other organs need room to do their job. It is hard to take a deep breath with this kind of fat. I can breathe MUCH easier now.

I can stand up straighter and actually feel taller (my wife said I even seemed taller when we were standing and talking the other day). I guess the big gut was causing me to slouch forward or something.

I don't have to try and hold my stomach in anymore when speaking to people, going into a store or passing a pretty woman on the street. This is a very good thing, because trying to suck in a gut is very tiring and sometimes the gut wins at the most inopportune moments.

When I go to the grocery store to buy water, I am not stopped by security and accused of stealing watermellons and hiding them under my shirt.

I can go to the doctor for a checkup and have her say.........You are losing weight! Great job!.........instead of.......you have gained a lot of weight since your last check up. ( then she goes through a list of all the bad things that being overweight can cause). I like it better when she tells me about all the good things that are happening because I lost weight. She likes it better too. I can tell.

The weight problem was something fairly recent for me. I was always somewhat self confident in the past..........but I have to say that I lost a lot of that self confidence when I knew I just plain did not look like I was in shape. (especially from the side when I would forget or be too tired to hold in that gut) Once your belt buckle starts pointing to the floor.....and your pants start riding a little lower in the front (in order to avoid the ever expanding equator that was once a trim waist and flat stomach), the way you feel about yourself changes......and in my case, not for the better. I love feeling better about myself again. It just plain makes the day go better and it is easier to look people in the eye, flash them a smile and give them a heartfelt "Good Morning!".......or "How's it going?".

.....and the best thing of all is that when I hug my wife, I can hold her much closer..........just the way it used to be. Mr. Belly no longer stands between us.

I started at just about 245 pounds. 210-215 is about as far as I want to go, any more and people will start to kick sand in my face at the beach. I am currently at 219, having had one of those dreaded plateau weeks last week.

The road to Thinville has it's share of potholes and even detours sometimes........but once we all arrive, I know we will want to take up permanent residence. I never want to live in Bigbellyburg again!

Dean
Dean0408

aheam....oh deaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn

Postby LilMsTexas » April 14th, 2005, 5:46 am

Dean I want to see a picture :D It's about time isn't it??? I want to see a picture of you AND your wife ;) You should have a HUGGING picture!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby scrabbler7 » April 14th, 2005, 6:03 am

The Donna confusion is understandable. One is Doglover and the other is dlr2424. The DLR almost looks like an abbreviation for doglover. I am going to guess that DLR are your initials Donna (the Donna from R.I. that is). If that is the case, then you could be Donna R......or Rhode Island Donna.......sort of like Boston Rob on Survivor (and now on Amazing Race). When there were two Rob's on the show, he became Boston Rob. I never get you confused though........I know which Donna is which

Okay - Now I am even MORE confused!!!! :nutz:

So Okay - how bout if guys are ... drum roll please ....

OH Donna (like the song .... oh Donna, oh Donna ..... ) and
Donna R -- (that's your initial right?)

Is that okay with you guys? Or anyone with a better suggestion?

Now next on the list ... Dean ... Great post ... I'm very proud of you. Well done for a man!!! :mrgreen:

and the best thing of all is that when I hug my wife, I can hold her much closer

Now girls - how SWEET was that??? Dean make sure to tell Heidi that we are all very impressed with her catch!
scrabbler7

Postby dlr2424 » April 14th, 2005, 7:12 am

Dean0408 wrote: I never want to live in Bigbellyburg again!

Dean

hmmm... :hmmm: ...Bigbellyburg.... :hmmm: ..I've never really rented property there.....(well maybe temporary residence when I was preggers).... however...I've owned quite a LARGE piece of property in Bigbootieburg as well as Thunderthighville.....but actually...I'm in the process of selling .... :yes: ..as I have found prime property in FabulousFitville...... :goofy: ...and God willing... :angel: ....should be moving sometime in July
****** :scratch: ...I wonder if all the other NON-MF'ers have this much fun dieting...... :roll:

On a more serious note.....Dean I loved your post...as much as I love the funny side of you it is touching to see the sensitive side as well....thanks for sharing that.....

Donna R.......Donna...dlr2424.....Donnalee.....DoItDonna.... :nutz:

dlr2424

Postby Dean0408 » April 14th, 2005, 7:56 am

lilMs.......Yes, it is about time for a picture of Heidi and I......I just never seem to get around to it......plus I will have to check with the people at the witness protection program to see if they will allow me to do it. (j/k :mrgreen: )

scrabbler....thanks for the nice comments....but what was that "Well done FOR A MAN" thing?? We are not ALL inarticulate......lol ;)

Donna R....lol @ Bigbootieburg!! That struck me funny :roflmao:

Also, you have given us too many names to choose from......some may get even more confused. Which is your favorite? You pick one and I will use it. I had to look closely at the last choice you listed. When I first glanced at DoItDonna.......I mistook the capital "I" for a lower case "L". I immediately said to myself, "Well, I am not using that one......NO WAY I am calling Donna a dolt!!!!

Have a GREAT day ladies..........hope it is a real flab melter for all!

Dean
Dean0408

Next

Return to Come on in.