It's The Little Differences That Count

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby doglover » April 14th, 2005, 8:25 am

Goodness Donna - did you know there was so much confusion?? I thought it was pretty easy w/ all your wonderful posts and my insane sense of normalcy, but if it must be - how about I will be "D" (that's what all my closest friends call me!) and you can be Donna! 8)

Dean- you are too funny man
D
(oops almost put my whole name on there!)
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 14th, 2005, 9:49 am

D!!! You have solved the problem some were having.........now you are D and Donna is Donna....and of course I am Dean. Lots of D's......

When the three of us post in a row, people will have to break out the cardboard glasses with one red lens and one green..........so they can read the "3D" posts.....hehe

Dean (or you can call me Dino.....or you can call me .....oh, never mind)
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 14th, 2005, 11:05 am

Ok, if you really want to add to the confusion, my name is actually Dona (pronounced Donna). When I began reading the forum I noticed there were already 2 Donna's and didn't want to add to the confusion so I used a nickname some friends gave me a long time ago, Donica (pronounced like Monica but with a D).

How's that for confusion? Just how many D's can we get? :huh: Let's see that's D, Donna, Dean and Dona (Donica)

Anyone else want to play? :scratchhead:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby scrabbler7 » April 14th, 2005, 11:05 am

Dean (or you can call me Dino.....or you can call me .....oh, never mind

Just never call him late for dinner ... oh no wait, that was pre-MF!!!

Okay - I'm good now - we've got a D and a Donna and a DeanoDino.

And Dean, no - not all men are inarticulate -- most aren't -- but they usually just choose not to be expressive. I was complimenting you on expressing yourself!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 14th, 2005, 11:18 am

WOW!! We have LOTS of D's (oops! I almost said tons of D's......which may have been construed as inappropriate by some)

I like the name Donica.........very unusual without sounding too "out there". Yep, Donica is kewl......it makes your mouth feel good when you say it......haha.

scrabbler.......I was teasing you back. I didn't think you thought all men were not articulate......and yes, I took your comment as a compliment for sure. But.......you are wrong........men are indeed expressive.......we just choose to do it ...........silently.........in the garage...........alone.......at night..........with the lights out. And if you catch us doing it......we will tell you we heard a noise.........or that we were looking for a screwdriver. :roll:

Dean
Dean0408

Postby DonicaB » April 14th, 2005, 12:03 pm

Back on topic :redhead: ...............I noticed that going to my closet it kinda like going shopping. I can't wait to see what items I can now wear that I could not wear just 1 1/2 weeks ago.

You see I won't have to buy new clothes for a while because I have every size from a 12 to an 18. Now whether or not they are still in style is the question :scratch:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Dean0408 » April 14th, 2005, 12:21 pm

One good thing about clothes.......they always come back in style......just as soon as you throw them away that is.

My advice, pretend to throw them away.......they will be back in style the next day.

Dean
Dean0408

Postby scrabbler7 » April 14th, 2005, 2:53 pm

we just choose to do it ...........silently.........in the garage...........alone.......at night..........with the lights out.

Oh - so that's what my husband is doing out there ........
scrabbler7

Postby Dean0408 » April 14th, 2005, 3:34 pm

scrabbler7 wrote:
Oh - so that's what my husband is doing out there ........

Well........that and reading the new issue of Playboy by flashlight that we secretly subscribe to and have delivered at work. :mrgreen:
Dean0408

Postby DonicaB » April 14th, 2005, 3:42 pm

Well now I know what's going on. I guess the next time my DH says he's going to the garage to work on the "lawnmower" and comes out smoking a cigar, I guess I'll know the truth.

Thanks for clearing that up, Dean!:roll:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Dean0408 » April 14th, 2005, 3:56 pm

DonicaB wrote:Well now I know what's going on. I guess the next time my DH says he's going to the garage to work on the "lawnmower" and comes out smoking a cigar, I guess I'll know the truth.

Thanks for clearing that up, Dean!:roll:

DonicaB

:roflmao: That was funny Donica! Maybe I better stop telling all the secrets we men have :secret: Heck, you wives catch us enough as it is.

I am sure he is working on the lawn mower as he said....at least for a little while. The cigar was probably from when he sneaked over to the poker game in the garage next door where he lost the car payment money. We always smoke cigars when we are playing poker.....I think there is a rule about that. (that was a joke.....he WAS working on the lawn mower....I SWEAR!!)

You used the DH thing in your post. I see that a lot on this forum.....neither Heidi nor I can figure out what the D stands for. Is it Dear or what?

Thanks in advance,
Dean
Dean0408

Postby DonicaB » April 15th, 2005, 6:03 am

I don't know what everyone else uses the "D" for, but for me it stands for Dear Hubby. Does anyone else have a different use for the "D"?

As far as the cigars go, cigar smoking is my DH's hobby. He swears he doesn't inhale. :smoke: He likes to read some magazine called "Cigar Aficionado" (sp?). I already checked it for unclothed females and didn't find any so I approved the subscription. :D

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby monkeymom » April 17th, 2005, 7:52 am

If you guys think Dean is funny here, you should meet him in real life!! Oh dear, between he and Heidi (his wife), it's quite amusing at their house!

Heidi is much like myself, not much time to post between working full-time and going to school full-time, but one of my fondest memories of times with Heidi was the time she and I got called down in class by the prof in our Algebra class (this is college mind you, and we were both 41 at the time). When the prof said "do I have to split you two up?" the whole class just roared.

Dean, you're doing a great job filling the shoes of the male side on this forum. There certainly aren't enough of them around here. Keep up the good work :mrgreen:
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom

Postby Dean0408 » April 17th, 2005, 10:13 am

monkeymom wrote:If you guys think Dean is funny here, you should meet him in real life!! Oh dear, between he and Heidi (his wife), it's quite amusing at their house!

Heidi is much like myself, not much time to post between working full-time and going to school full-time, but one of my fondest memories of times with Heidi was the time she and I got called down in class by the prof in our Algebra class (this is college mind you, and we were both 41 at the time). When the prof said "do I have to split you two up?" the whole class just roared.

Dean, you're doing a great job filling the shoes of the male side on this forum. There certainly aren't enough of them around here. Keep up the good work :mrgreen:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????? Heidi never told me about you two getting in trouble in class.......that little sneak, wait till I get ahold of her..........she will be sitting in the corner for the rest of the day!!!

Glad to see you finding a minute to post Vicki......I know how busy you are as you and Heidi have the same type of schedule.

Dean
Dean0408

Previous

Return to Come on in.