The German Alps Folk Festival etc.

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

The German Alps Folk Festival etc.

Postby BerkshireGrl » August 15th, 2005, 3:02 am

Ok, y'all, here is the lowdown on my Saturday activities ;)

The German Alps Festival summary: lots of fun! As my last day in the fatty free world, I had bratwurst, knockwurst, Dinkle Acker pilsner beer, apple flahpen (deep fried battered apple slices with sugar dusted on top), and my one 'diet' item: Diet Pepsi ;) Not healthy food, but you know, I probably ate fewer calories Saturday than I used to in one of my gigantic ol' pizza thons! :eat: Welllll...... ok, MAYBE! Oink!

Getting away from the food... It was very nice to spend a day alone with my Dad. He is a sweetheart. We had a photo op on our trip on the Sky Ride, a chair lift to the top of the 4,000+ mountain. Not only is it a nice reminder to me of a day with my father, but it is also a Starting MF image for me (heheh!) I got it burned on a CD for easy posting... then you can all see the wonder that is my sausage-like pudgy thighs in reality :lol:

Also... the German music was fun, the crowd was VERY enthusiastic in the call & response bits heh! Unfortunately, I had zero idea what they were saying!

All in all, it was surprising to me how friendly the crowd was to each other, very chatty, smiley, waving at strangers. Unusual for the people of the Northeast who usually are a more reserved lot :lol: Maybe because they felt a common link together with the whole German heritage thing? It was cool... but I wish I saw more of that with ALL big groups of people... and small groups too :)

Of course, HERE we all have that camraderie, which I love!

Weird side note this morning: I woke up early in the AM to make a bathroom run, and my middle toe on my left foot is KILLING me. It's got a black and blue spot like a bruise on top, and feels like needles stabbing me when I step on it :( Spider bite? I dunno. I am going to wear open sandals to work so I can keep an eye on it ;) I once had something like this on a trip to Seattle, when I had a back-cracking massage, complete with (beware all who are easily squicked out) breaking up masses of lactic acid crystals... which I scoffed at, but not after I felt her "break" something under the skin, and then almost immediately, my middle finger on one hand, which was the lowest point on my body at that point, turned black and hurt like heckola! The middle joint got all funky-fied and stayed that way through the day... only to clear up by next morning. "Toxins"? Again, I dunno. Maybe MF is getting rid of strange stuff in my body and it's accumulating in my toe? :lol:

My primary care doc might be taking a gander at this if it gets any more weird looking hehehe!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby martha » August 15th, 2005, 4:41 am

Hi BERK--

Okay I am glad you had a great time and especially with your dad :D ..treasure those times as in this day and age we never know when we will be without them.. I miss my dad everyday and he has been gone 7 years..
You described the day well--especially the food(yum-yum) now it's off to MF land for you.. :mrgreen: I am so glad you are starting today.. Keep a close eye on the toe..and let us know how that goes..Have a great 1st day and I will be thinking of you today..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby AlexisClaire » August 15th, 2005, 1:22 pm

Ooooooh my hubby would just DIE to go to something like that. I keep telling him our first international vacation won't be to romantic Paris or something, but to like Germany for all the bratts and wursts he can get.
Goodbye 250's!
Goodbye 240's!
Goodbye 230's!
YOU'RE NEXT 220'S!!!
I'm on my way to Onederland...
AlexisClaire
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » August 15th, 2005, 3:27 pm

Berk ~

You may have a neuroma - an inflammation of the bundle of nerves at the base of 'the little pig that are roast beef' toe...

Slurp those shakes and water and shuffle off to the sandbox with care!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » August 16th, 2005, 5:54 am

Berk, you bring back memories...I lived in Germany for 3 years and it was the best! They have festivals in all the little towns around and its like following the carnivals here, but actually in Germany they are more about the people, food and beer. Eins beir Bitte :toast: ...The people are great there...we actually lived in part of a town that had been destroyed in the war, so all the roads and houses were newer and down further into town they were the cobblestone. I loved it there...I would love to go back to visit.
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby horsey girl » August 16th, 2005, 7:29 am

Berk, I don't have a clue what is wrong with your toe, but you have my sympathy. I have had the same thing happen with no warning. My toe turns horrendous colors and takes weeks to fade after???? Let us know if you find out what it is. Very painful! Horsey Girl
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Mommy2girls » August 16th, 2005, 8:50 am

Wow, sounds like you did it up right, and that is great that you got to spend some time with your dad.

Good luck on your Medifast Adventure. How are you doing?
Last edited by Mommy2girls on August 18th, 2005, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby TamiL » August 16th, 2005, 9:31 am

Hey Mu Massachusetts shakin pal!! IM BAAAACCCKKKK!! yes...I need to start medifast again....I kind of enjoyed my summer a bit too much...gained some poundage back..but thats okay...cuz I know by getting back on this program...It will come right back off!!
good to hear your doing well and enjoying the summer!!

:)
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room