Teacher Appreciation Week (warning food mentioned)

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Teacher Appreciation Week (warning food mentioned)

Postby DonicaB » May 5th, 2005, 9:55 am

Well, it is Teacher Appreciation Week here and today, they brought around Krispy Kreme doughnuts, tomorrow they are bringing in (Beware Dean) Pizza from Pizza Hut (my fav), the FACS classes brought me cookies.................STOP the MADNESS! :x Now I know why that huge cake was there the other day at the lunch table. :table:

The SCALEGODS are really testing me this week to see if I will be compliant. I managed to politely turn down the Krispy Kremes, but that pizza at my lunch table is going to be a tough one. I already gave my cookies away so that was no problem.

I want to get to that 20# club this week..... :x :x

Does it ever end? (You don't have to answer that, I already know it doesn't. :D )

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Dean0408 » May 5th, 2005, 10:05 am

Wow Donica........they are really putting you to the test aren't they?

Good job on avoiding the donuts......pizza will be harder. If you have to eat some........just eat the top........not the crust.

Logic dictates that based on weight statistics........you cannot be the ONLY teacher at your school that needs to lose weight. Are these other overweight teachers scarfing down the sweets and other fattening foods?

What are you thinking when you see them doing that?.........that you wish you could do it? ..........or that they look like pigs at a trough and that they really need to get serious about their weight and health?

If it is the second option.......then you will have no problems avoiding the food.

Good Luck!! Temptation is a tough thing..........but not an impossible thing to avoid.

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby raederle » May 5th, 2005, 10:32 am

Dean is just so motivating, ain't he? That's why we keep him around, even though it took him an unfairly short amount of time to reach goal and look great for his daughter's wedding... ;)

Don't have much to add except maybe it will help to keep your mind wrapped around how good you feel now for having lost the weight you have so far... Feels great, right? Now imagine how you'll feel while you eat a slice of pizza. Pretty good, maybe, as the yummy forbidden foods slide down your throat... But then imagine how you will feel afterwards, when you know the pizza has moved from your stomach to your butt (at least, that's where it loooooves to hibernate on me!!!) :mrgreen: You'll just feel like crap if you cheat, so stay strong, and tell yourself that instead of the pizza you'll do something nice for yourself-- maybe buy yourself a pair of shoes, a sweater, a DVD, whatever. The shoes would last a lot longer than that durned pizza will last on your tongue!

You can do it, Donica! Fight the Pizza Power!!!! :lightbeam:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby krandle » May 5th, 2005, 10:38 am

20 pound club sound good, but the 30 pound club sounds better. My class has had cup cake and pizza parties twice. I said no thanks. And did not feel deprived. I just try to think like a super model. What would they say. No. That's what i think. Just think thin.
good luck :D
krandle
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 5th, 2005, 11:56 am

..........Donica..........we know the wonderful tastes of those foods are short lived... :( ......however the damaging effects they leave us with are longer lasting..... :cry: ........just a suggestion... :hmmm: ......AVOID THE LUNCH ROOM...... :huh: .....maybe make yourself some legal oatmeal cookies and take them with you so you feel your getting a treat...........I BELIEVE YOU CAN OVERCOME this challange..........if you knew for sure the scale would move 5 lbs down if you didn't endulge... :yes: ......or.......5 lbs up if you did endulge.... :x ......what would your choice be then... :?: ....YOU ARE AN AWESOME TEACHER as are many others..........knowing you are appreciated is more rewarding than the temporary wonderful aroma of the glued to the butt piece of pizza.......... ;) .......just trying to discourage you so you can conquer yet another victory in this journey......... :hug:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 5th, 2005, 9:59 pm

Dean is just so motivating, ain't he? That's why we keep him around, even though it took him an unfairly short amount of time to reach goal and look great for his daughter's wedding... ;)

He is great. But we all have our own paths, some rockier than others. And to us, often our own seems the worst! If I went by the standard rule of 5 pounds for every inch over 5 feet, I would have to be 6'10" for my goal weight to be 210! Men get it easy sometimes.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby DonicaB » May 6th, 2005, 6:18 am

Donna~~ I wish I could avoid the lunch room, I would avoid it everyday (the noise is deafening). Unfortunately I am required to eat in the lunch room with my class. Fun.......Fun :uhuh:

All of you brought up excellent suggestions.

Donna you're right........if I endulge I know the scale will not move down. That in itself is reason enough for me not to eat the pizza............. And I had such a vision of pizza glued to my butt :roflmao:

Krandle~ 30 pound club does sound better. :mrgreen:

Rae~~ I think I will go buy some shoes, I love SHOES!!! (and purses) My boys always say "How many pairs of shoes do you need?" or "How many purses can you carry anyway?" I always just say "Don't try to figure women out, you might hurt yourself!" :shock:

Dean ~~ you are also are right when you say I am not the only overweight teacher in my building. During my lunch shift there are 2 other teachers that are also pudgy. I will imagine PIGS today at lunch, that should be enough to keep from wanting to eat. GREAT :dooh: Now I won't be able to eat my bar and my SF Jello. ............. (Ok so I'm a little theatrical :huh: )

Thanks every one for the support. I will be strong today. I will not eat pizza. :lightbeam:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » May 6th, 2005, 7:11 am

..Donica.........you crack me up..... :hatch:..........I was thinking the lunch room was just for the teachers...... :shock: ......seperate from the ever so loud...... :nutz: .....often stressful cafeteria filled with students releasing all their bottled up energy...... :boing: .......after lunch period....teachers should be allowed a 15 min free to destress in a meditation/relaxation room.......... :yay: ........wishful thinking.......... :huh: ....
enjoy your day
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby Dean0408 » May 6th, 2005, 7:37 am

Donica........

I have the PERFECT solution to avoid eating anything that is "FORBIDDEN"

At the luncheon, after the "bad stuff" is served........pick up one of the items that you don't want to eat...........and THROW IT AT SOMEONE!!

This of course will start a FOOD FIGHT!! (just like in that old Belushi movie "Animal House".

If you do it right, nobody will figure out that you started it..........food will be flying all over the place..........the kids will have fun.......AND....you can remark how good everything tasted.......which will FOOL everyone into thinking you ACTUALLY ATE IT!!

This is a perfect solution..........don't you think?

Dean
Dean0408

Postby DonicaB » May 6th, 2005, 12:05 pm

OK Dean~~ I took your advice and started a food fight at lunch today. Apparently someone did see me throw the first piece of sausage from the forbidden pizza and now I am on a 10 day suspension. :x We only have 10 days left of school so really I don't mind too much. :whistle: Sing it with me now....."Schools out for Summer........Schools out forever....." :whistle:

:3head:

:dooh:

:no:

Just kidding. After all of the concern over watching people eat PIZZA in front of me........they didn't even serve it today. It was postponed until next Wed. I guess I will have to start the food fight then. :shock:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Dean0408 » May 6th, 2005, 10:53 pm

Wow! Good fortune is smiling on you Donica!! These next few days can be spent practicing throwing food at your hubby and your sons!! Why, you can get your accuracy level WAY up there before you have that school lunceon!! :mrgreen:

Be honest........don't you really WISH you could start a food fight and not get into trouble? Isn't there that "Special Someone" (or even more than one), at your school that you would just LOVE to pelt with a big old chunk of food?

Think about it.

Dean
Dean0408

Postby doglover » May 7th, 2005, 6:50 am

Dean, I have to confess that this is a secret passion I have hidden in me. I would just LOVE to whip food at people sometimes! I have been known to do this to my hubby when we are alone, but in a big public place...it's a hidden desire! :hide:

Maybe when we all go on the medifast cruise together we could arrange something like this! ;)
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 7th, 2005, 7:16 am

Dean0408 wrote:Why, you can get your accuracy level WAY up there before you have that school lunceon!! :mrgreen:

..........D........... :hmmm: .....remember that "h" Dean gave you for the wine.................well......... :scratch: ........he might need it back for "lunceon"...............I'm soooo sorry my buddy Dean...... :hide: .......just had to get one in........... ;) .......
Donna...dlr2424................. :hug:

dlr2424

Postby Dean0408 » May 7th, 2005, 9:02 am

Hey Donna!! :x You are really catching my errors lately......NOTHING slides by you! :shock:

But I have an excuse........do you think "h's" grow on trees? Where do you think I got the "h" to give to D??? I had to take it from "luncheon"......and THAT is why it was missing.

Also, I used the latin word for "luncheon".......which is spelled "lunceon", and is pronounced "loon-see-own". The literal translation is "Having (own) a Crazy (loon) Look (see). (This is what Medi-fasters get when they see a huge spread of real food at a noon time gathering)

Anyhow, be on your toes Donna dear...........the spelling police will be after you!!! :mrgreen:

This is fun!! ........you are getting sharper by the day. Why, I think I am bringing out the best in you Ms. WAHM.

Have a great weekend,
Dean
Dean0408

Postby Dean0408 » May 7th, 2005, 9:04 am

doglover wrote:Dean, I have to confess that this is a secret passion I have hidden in me. I would just LOVE to whip food at people sometimes! I have been known to do this to my hubby when we are alone, but in a big public place...it's a hidden desire! :hide:

Maybe when we all go on the medifast cruise together we could arrange something like this! ;)

haha D! :lol: I bet your dogs LOVE it when you toss food at your husband. After all, it is THEIR job to clean up the mess from the floor, right?

Dean
Dean0408

Next

Return to The Weight Room