Tall Boots NSV

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Tall Boots NSV

Postby Nova » October 19th, 2006, 7:54 pm

I was having a bad day, so I decided to go shopping. It was also a convenient excuse for waiting for traffic to die down. :) I stopped in a shoe store and found a gorgeous pair of knee high suede boots that would look incredible with some of my new clothes.

I've always loved and wanted tall boots that came over the calves, but my calves were always too thick to zip them up. Today, they zipped up and were even a bit loose! I was soooo tempted to buy them. But I employed the same tricks I use when I want to eat. I went to another store to pick up something and told myself that if i still wanted them when I was done then I'd think about purchasing them. Turned out, I didn't want them that badly.

Maybe it was a double NSV. :)
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby VictoriousNat » October 19th, 2006, 8:14 pm

Wow! Congratulations on the double NSV! I am jealous on both counts. :D I have very hard calves and very fat knees and have 1 pair of boots due to the calf/knee thing. That would be an amazing NSV for me and to walk away....priceless. :D
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby THINKnTHIN » October 20th, 2006, 3:54 am

VERY IMPRESSIVE ON BOTH COUNTS! Way to go! Unfortunately, when I am being good on a diet, I find it very hard to resist "pick me up" purchases! Even when I am at weight, I have always had problems with over the calf boots....try zappos dot com for good $$ and larger shaft boots!
THINKnTHIN
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room