Take a hard look at your priorities!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Take a hard look at your priorities!

Postby LongWay2go » December 11th, 2004, 9:38 am

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
I read a post this morning that ticked me off and now I can't find it. Probably a good thing! It was from someone who has been on the program a while, on and off, and has only lost 10 pounds or so after a couple of months. This is an open letter to that person, whoever it was:

You are on a path of self-destruction and are in denial. Going on and off the program does not get you to Thinsville, it sends you to Misery! This is not an easy process. You need to make a hard decision. Either you want to lose weight, get healthy, enjoy life, live longer and be happy or you want to stay fat and miserable. The choice is yours!

You know MediFast works. Look around you. There are many who have made the choice and are doing well. Yes, we struggle. Getting fat was easy. Getting thin requires a life-time commitment and hard work in the beginning. The poundage does not just go away because you will it to. You have to WORK and sacrifice and GET THE JOB DONE!!!

This ain't easy. You'll be hungry. You may suffer light-headedness as I have. You may have headaches. Aunt Flo may come along and swell you up like a toad for a week. But those are sacrifices you must make if you want to lose weight. Suck it up and deal with them! This isn't forever. This is a temporary pain-in-the-butt thing you have to do if you want to get healthy. Then the rest is easy. Make good choices and become educated about the food you eat and the choices you make.

If you are struggling back and forth, going on and off and not doing what you know needs to be done, then you need to just stop. Take the holiday off and spend your spare time making a list and thinking about what matters to you. If you want to lose the fat and get healthy, then DO IT! If you want to stay fat and unhappy, then make that choice and stop torturing yourself. Yo-yo'ing back and forth isn't helping you. It's making things worse, if anything. You either need to commit to doing this or stop.

Yes, you'll screw up. You'll make mistakes. We all have! But going on the program for a few days then off for a few weeks isn't getting you anywhere. Stop it! Don't make me send Guido to visit you! He'll go "Grinch" all over your butt!

Get your priorities together. Stop making excuses. Think about what you are going and set some clear goals. Realize this may well be the hardest thing you do in your entire life, but think of the rewards! Yes, we are here to support you and we are here to pick you up when you fall. But don't expect us to scrape you up with a shovel if you decide to jump off a cliff. The fact of the matter is, no one can do this FOR you. You have to do it for yourself!

FYI - it's "National Get Tough" day. I just made that one up. Now get tough or I'll pack a bag with Guido inside and ship it to you COD!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby explorthis » December 11th, 2004, 1:27 pm

I'll pack a bag with Guido inside and ship it to you COD!

Outstanding post. From the heart. Take heed, this is the truth-be-told.

Good news is Guido is a lot cheaper to mail, even COD these days (much less poundage for your buck). Bad news – you don’t want a visit from him. He is scarce these days, pretty much taking a long needed break, but don’t make me call him! He will come out, flick of the switch….

Be good, this is your time, and your opportunity to “just do it”

Now go enjoy N.G.T. Day!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

WOW

Postby TamiL » December 12th, 2004, 2:04 pm

Gerald....that post was EXACTLY what I needed....I have been guilty as the person who wrote the post that inspired you to write yours...
I've gone off and on the program quite a bit...thankfully never really gaining more than a few pounds back...NEVER in the beginning thought I would bounce on and off the train to thinsville..but all it took was one stupid move on my part of eating something that "triggered" me..and I was off and running..never ran far or long though..before the yellow brick road always brought me back to medifast..and you guys!! THANK GOD!

but I read your post..and I needed it..although I have been back on program now for 8 days today....and going strong!! my hunger is gone..my will is back and after reading your post....IVE BEEN JOLTED!! like someone hit me over the head!! but I LIKED IT!! lol

If I knew where you lived in Millis...I'd come over and give you a great big hug!! lol!! see..you put the fear in me...Guido could pass the buck to you...and you live too close to me!! lol!! so Im on my best behavior!!
what better could I ask for....8 days clean...a post that opened my eyes..and the PATRIOTS are winning AGAIN!! only 2 minutes to go...but hope they hold on!! what a wonderful life!!
thank you for your kick in the butt...
YOUR THE BEST..and congrats on your weight loss.....soon to be in the 100 pound club!! oooooh yeeeaaaahhhhh Baby!! ;)

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby LongWay2go » December 12th, 2004, 2:19 pm

Well Tami, truth be known, you weren't "the one" but I left it vague enough that those who really looked hard might see a little of themselves in my description. I did that on purpose! Nonetheless, I'm glad you read it as your did and took it to heart and appreciated the spirit in which it was intended. I'm sure it will anger some unless they realize what my TRUE intention was! Maybe it will avoid a visit from Guido OR Guido Jr. to your doorstep! LOL

~Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby explorthis » December 12th, 2004, 3:50 pm

18 weeks - 90 pounds lost!

Did I just realize someone needs to be moved up to the NINETY POUND CLUB??? H-O-L-Y C-O-W this is fun huh?

get 'em dude.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Return to The Weight Room