Support from Family Members and Friends

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Support from Family Members and Friends

Postby smartipantz » January 16th, 2006, 9:36 am

I just wanted to share something that happened to me yesterday. First of all, I'm still in my first week and doing very well.

My husband, who has never had a weight problem in his life, is totally supportive of me losing weight (duh!); however, yesterday, he had some very stupid moments. :scratchhead:

Prior to the NFL playoff games, he prepared his lunch which was a HUGE plate of nachos with all the fixings. He walk by me and says "yummmm! Doesn't this look great?" I proceeded with a very sarcastic "yeah, thanks!" Now, please don't think he did this with mean intentions, he just forgot. He instantly came back with a "oh, I'm sorry hun!"

Then about 3 hours later, I'm going to run to the store and he asks me if I'd stop and buy him a Cappucino Blast from Baskin-Robbins. I looked at him in disgust, and said "you are NOT being very supportive!!" He instantly apologized again and said he'd go himself.

We have to remember to remind our family members and friends that we need support from them to be successful. Like my husband, he was not being mean-spirited whatsoever, but years of bad choices is hard to break.

I do have to say though, he's loving the healthier dinners I've been making and comments on them every night.

And on a side note, I stayed strong and didn't fall off the wagon once since starting MF - but I almost knocked my husband off his wagon a couple times yesterday :shoot:
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 16th, 2006, 9:45 am

So True Smartipantz, SO TRUE!!! I'm very fortunate that my husband is doing this WITH me...I guess it's not fortunate that we both have serious weight issuse, but it's great to have him as committed to this program as I am (of course...WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR OUR FIRST SHIPMENT!!!, we're doing slimfast til it arrives).

My 14 year old daughter is also being very supportive and has offered to cook dinner for her and the little ones until we're past the initial adjustment period :) (we're doing the full fast at first).

So, as you said....support from family and friends is such an important key to success!!!! :hug:
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby smartipantz » January 16th, 2006, 10:10 am

Good luck Momma (and hubby)! I believe you will find that MF is very easy and worthwhile. You're not gonna believe how often you have to eat!! It's great!

Make sure you read the Lean Cuisine section of this forum - it's great for recipes and variety!

I also try to read the forum posts daily for inspiration!

You will do great Momma - just keep coming here for support!! Look at all the pounds these people have lost - they do have most of the answers!
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Family and friends

Postby Jan » January 16th, 2006, 10:38 am

Hi Smarti
I too have a sweet hubby who is tall and skinny and has never had a weight problem in his life. He has to eat to maintain his weight. Soooo, often in the evening he is munching peanut butter (ohhh the smell), or eating some tempting thing-- toast etc. I'm not toooo tempted by the ice cream :D
I guess it's just a matter of realizing we are all different. He can eat -- I can't but ...... I sure am glad I have allllll my hair!!! :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Trixie » January 16th, 2006, 10:52 am

Jan, that's hilarious! I'm reading Smarti's post amazed at how close that was to my playoff game experience yesterday. Then when it was followed up by your comment on the hair and couldn't help but relate!

It's funny...we are all different and in all different parts of the country but we all share so many small things.

It's great having this group for encouragement and laughs!

Trixie
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby ljm498 » January 16th, 2006, 11:38 am

Hi Smarti! Yup, my husband is the same way, never had a weight problem and is very thin. And he also does the same things like what yours did. He never does this "trying" to be insensitive, he just forgets. He's never had to watch what he eats. We've established a rule in the house that he needs to ask me first if what he is going to eat is going to bother me. Some days it will, some it won't. If it is going to bother me he either won't eat it or go upstairs or something so not to tempt me. Does he forget to do this sometimes? Yup, but he's pretty good about it.
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby ktrout » January 16th, 2006, 4:34 pm

I know what you mean. I work for a software company and the daily ritual of where lunch is being ordered from is sometimes the most important discussion of the day. My team is very supportive and one of my co-workers didn't even ask me if I wanted a bar of Bavarian chocolate. I'm very glad that she didn't.

The home front is 150% behind my efforts. My wife is so supportive that Nancy shipped her Medifast starter kit today !!!

Stay strong - resist temptation
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Return to Come on in.