Sunday Morning Roll Call (Better Late than Never!)

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call (Better Late than Never!)

Postby LessOfMe » May 23rd, 2005, 6:40 am

Just reporting in after returning from a two-day Women of Faith conference in Pittsburgh. What a challenge that was, food-wise! We couldn't take anything in with us at the arena :x and that meant bottled water as well! So, needless to say, I wasn't going to spend $3 x 8 for bottles of water and there wasn't a drinking fountain in sight! Couldn't bring myself to use water from the washroom sinks with literally thousands of people using the sinks. So, my water consumption was down both days. When I came home I immediately got out my Medifast Book to help me plan how to handle our upcoming vacation. We are leaving on Saturday for 9 days...our first visit to the Grand Canyon! Any suggestions from experienced travelers would be so welcome!

As of this morning, I am finally below 250. I have really been on a plateau and need to focus on my loose fitting clothing rather than the slow down on the scale. It seems to be coming off at half-pound intervals. But, I am amazed at how much better I was able to actually keep up with the walking, etc. at the conference. Even walked 9 blocks, which for me is unheard of! My new knees (had replacements) are making a difference AND my reduction in pounds is evident in my quality of life. I certainly don't regret knee replacements at a relatively young age.

If any of you have been to any of the Women of Faith Conferences, you know how wonderfully uplifting they are. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers while I am gone on our vacation. I'll report back when we return. Thanks, everyone!
284 > 238 >

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:1-3
LessOfMe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 25th, 2005, 7:56 am

Karen............you have my prayers....... :angel: ........God bless you always
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Thank you, Donna...

Postby LessOfMe » May 25th, 2005, 11:27 am

... you are so thoughtful to respond to the posts on this message board. I "see" your smiling face a lot! Thanks for taking the time to care for so many of us. Your heart is showing! :heart:
284 > 238 >

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:1-3
LessOfMe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » May 25th, 2005, 12:41 pm

Karen, you are doing GREAT, even with expensive water!! Good for you for walking and USING those muscles.

Below 250 is wonderful, I'm so excited for you!!! I've been trying on smaller clothes to inspire me, not that I'm buying much, but it is fun to shop for a smaller size.

I don't know if I will have a chance to email you before you go, so if not have a WONDERFUL trip and can't wait to hear how everything went when you get back! :mrgreen:

Sheila
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Roll Call