My success depends on me...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

My success depends on me...

Postby katie1982 » October 1st, 2004, 3:38 pm

I have read a few interesting things on this forum, the few days I have been cruising it. A lot of people here are so supportive and motivated for themselve and others.
... But I have also read people blaming others for their weight, and their failures. I think the reason we are all here is because we have finally come to a mental standpoint where we are just ready to be done with this weight! In this mental state we cannot be swayed from our goal! I believe that when you aren't ready to lose weight you won't... even if you think you are.
I know several times I have tried different diets, fitness plans, etc. I have spent 3 months straight in the gym, 5 days a week, 3 hours a day, with no success and at that point I gave up. I have tried the atkins diet and plateaued, and tried again with no real success. I have tried various eating plans, everything!

But the diffence is this time I really want it. My goal in life is to become a zoologist. For years I've been taking college on-line, because I'm embarresed to walk around campus huffing and puffing, scared that I won't fit in the desks, etc. But I know that with this motivation I will lose the weight to become more comfortable with myself and with normal life.

So in conclusion, you must realize that NO ONE can motivate you or sway you from your plan BUT YOU!! If someone begs for you just to get a bite to eat with them, go with them! But you fight the urge to actually eat. You're doing this for you, and you're doing it for your well-being.

Stay strong! Yes, not being able to enjoy food sucks, but the outcome outweighs what you're missing now! Food will ALWAYS be there when you're finished!

K
katie1982

Postby elle4nelly » October 4th, 2004, 2:35 pm

Hi Katie!

You've said it all !! This isn't punishment but a mean to obtain a dream. And it is temporary. I agree! Food is and always will be there.

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby fedup » October 5th, 2004, 6:51 am

Hey K-
I must say that to myself- "the food will always be there... it's not going anywhere.... the food will always be there" like 100 times a day. It's the #1 thing I use to try to keep myself on track. I made spaghetti and rolls, one of my favorites, for my family. I had it so bad I even picked up the rolls and smelled them... (thought about licking one but didn't! ;) but I kept saying, hey, it's not like you can't ever have this again, you just can't have it right now!

Keep on hanging in there.
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Return to The Weight Room