stretch marks

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

stretch marks, here i come!

Postby lalamode26 » February 18th, 2005, 8:08 am

well, I probably did have the stretch marks there prior because I gained weight before- but they are def. more visible!! Esp in the butt area! I do walking because I was on disability due to back pain from the gym. What type of exercise are you doing Joan? I don't do free weigths until I get stronger, so I do machine exercises....

Lala
lalamode26
Regular Member - #10 Club

Machines are great

Postby Joan Roman » February 20th, 2005, 7:59 am

Hey Lala!

Try the Hack Squat Machine. Don't use any or very light weight. Instead of increasing weight... increase reps or sets of reps. That machine can smooth out a butt! Even though your stretchmarks might be there... they are smooth and your skin is tighter you don't see them as much. It's much better having that skin stretched over some muscle than lumps of fat!

For free weights...you can even use soup cans at first if you want to go light. At my gym they even have 2 pound weights. I use 10-15 pounders to do flys and presses. They help those bat wing arms of mine! Same with bench pressing...only the bar...lots of sets. I like how it tightens everything up even up to my neck!

Plus...you can always ask your gym owner / manager for some ideas for your trouble spots and tell them you are taking it SLOW and are on a very low cal program. If you can afford it once or twice with a personal trainer you can get set up with a program just for you...and she can watch you to make sure that you are able and are using proper form.

Good Luck Lala!
Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » February 20th, 2005, 8:45 am

Lala,
I have a serious back injury from a car accident 4 years ago, and I have to be careful as well in the gym.
I agree with Joan that if you can set up a session with a trainer and give hom all your physical isdsues he or she can set up a great routine for you that you can then follow on your own.
That is what I have done and it is working great for me!
I wish you much success!!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.