Still all good in maintenanceland...

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Postby DogMa » October 16th, 2007, 3:05 pm

Geez, if I ate that much broccoli OR brussels sprouts, even the dogs wouldn't want to be in the same room with me. How do you guys do it and not get sick (or just unsuitable for human - or canine - companionship)??
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bikipatra » October 16th, 2007, 3:59 pm

DogMa wrote:Geez, if I ate that much broccoli OR brussels sprouts, even the dogs wouldn't want to be in the same room with me. How do you guys do it and not get sick (or just unsuitable for human - or canine - companionship)??

Uh, hmm....broccoli really doesn't give me issues. ;) And even if it did, with my musical vegetarian husband around, no one would notice. I have cans of Oust placed throughout the condo.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lizabette » October 18th, 2007, 8:29 pm

LAUREN,
Love your thread. I always LOOK :shock: for your posts and was happy to see you were here when I checked Maintenance tonight.
I've just returned from visiting my very ill brother in Las Vegas and while the doctor says we'll lose him to this cancer, I was grateful I could be with him while he still knew I loved him and was there with him.
While there I maintained surprising even myself, since there was no time for exercising or even planning for food choices. And of course no weighing.
Today, I stepped on the scale several times before I accepted that I weighed less than I did the day I left over a week ago.
And Lauren, a mother of all NSV's, I was asked if I had had a face lift! And such goings on from family and friends about how tiny I was couldn't help but lift my spirits.
How vain, but how I loved it! (Sorry, HYPE!)
Your posts help me, LAUREN. I am definitely not as strict as you are---I even shared a bit of birthday cake and ice cream with my niece.
But you said in so many words that we each find our own way to maintain...and I have for over a year now.
I wouldn't change back to the old unhealthy me for anything! Keep giving good advice to the newbies and us more 'experienced' ones.
We need you. :heart:
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lauren » November 7th, 2007, 3:53 am

Just wanted to say that I am exactly two months away from my surgery...YAYAYAYAY! Time to remove the excess skin that is keeping me from really seeing the full fruits of success that I have achieved with Medifast.

Hi, everyone!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby bikipatra » November 7th, 2007, 4:12 am

I hope everything goes well!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Lizabette » November 7th, 2007, 7:04 am

Lauren wrote:Just wanted to say that I am exactly two months away from my surgery...YAYAYAYAY! Time to remove the excess skin that is keeping me from really seeing the full fruits of success that I have achieved with Medifast. Hi, everyone!Lauren

YAYAYAYAY, LAUREN! How exciting and yet scary...
Be sure to do the before's and after's, 'cause we wanna see, too!
Lizabette

Postby DonnaS » November 9th, 2007, 11:47 am

How exciting for you! I'm sure your going to look even more fantastic than you already do. :D I bet your going to feel like a whole new person after the surgery.

Yours and Jo's pictures are what inspired me to start medifast instead of electing to have the lap-band surgery. I'm so glad I saw those before and after pictures!
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Tawanda » November 9th, 2007, 3:00 pm

Lauren, the excitement builds!! :)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Hi

Postby dede4wd » November 10th, 2007, 11:49 am

2 months huh? That's so awesome! Thanks for the maintenance post...it's more inspiring than you know!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lizabette » November 10th, 2007, 7:59 pm

Can't wait, LAUREN. You shoulda told us later rather than sooner! :felix:
Lizabette

Postby Lauren » December 18th, 2007, 1:57 pm

Hey, folks!

Besides a truly evil stomach flu that has hit me, all is great in my world! I just had my pre-op consultation for my exciting surgery that's just a few weeks away! Yay! I can't wait to get this excess skin removed. It was a cool appointment, because the surgeon reiterated that usually he has to do a lot of internal work on tightening the ab muscles, before removing the excess skin, but that all my exercise has paid off - so it's really about the skin and not muscles. Before anyone thinks that was just shameless gloating, let me tell you it's not. The reality is that the excess skin plays a total head trip on me sometimes, where I feel like I still have a lot to lose (like body dysmorphic disorder, but there actually is something there looking like fat, it's just, well, not fat!). So, the surgeon reaffirming that once he gets rid of the extra, I'll look thin, was a truly feel-good moment. I am hoping that looking the way I feel I should, post surgery (and post recovery), that I will be able to look in the mirror and see the real deal - whatever that may be. It will hopefully enable me to continue with my healthy exercise, but not be manic in my efforts. Does that make sense?

I have maintained my weight loss for just over a year now, so I feel confident going into the surgery knowing that maintenance is manageable. Easy? No. But totally achievable and sustainable. Which is just fine. Being fat wasn't easy either. :-)

I am off to Aruba in a few days to relax before the big surgery!

This is a pretty big few weeks!

Cheers to all of you, and happy holidays,

Lauren
Lauren

Postby ChynnaDoll » December 18th, 2007, 10:33 pm

Hi Lauren, just wanted to let you know my prayers will be with you when you undergo your surgery. You are a very "BEAUTIFUL" savvy woman already in my opinion, and i know this surgery will put the last icing on the cake for you:+)...i feel the excitement coming forth from you about this, and it certainly sounds like you have done surperb rsearch and have secured an excellent surgeon.

As a baby maintainer myself, i do so much look up to you seasoned maintainers for advice on various matters, one being exercise quite recently:+) Thank you for being aboard to help me with my baby-steps in the maintenence world.

Have lot's of FUN in Aruba!..boy, sure wish i was going!!

Chynna

PS: Hope you feel lot's bettr from that stomach flu before you leave:+)
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Lauren » December 19th, 2007, 2:56 pm

Well, thanks so much, Chynna, for all the kind words and enthusiasm! Yes, I'm very excited, and yes, I did a TON of research on finding the right surgeon! I can tell you've entered maintanance-land with your eyes wide open, which is the way to do it!

We all had someone before us to follow, I followed Nancy's lead, and I am thrilled that I can be part of the group that you choose to follow, and others will follow you! It's like passing the baton!

Just stay on track, stay vigilant, keep the reigns in tight, at least in the beginning, until you figure out how to make this work with life and make life work with maintaining. Does that make sense? It's about finding some kind of balance, which is a totally personal experience.

You're going to do great!

I am already much better from the stomache flu (thank goodness!). Thanks for the well wishes!

Happy holidays,

Lauren
Lauren

Postby Tawanda » December 19th, 2007, 6:50 pm

Lauren, glad to read that you are feeling better. Aruba sounds heavenly (I'm sitting here with freezing hands and would love to go some place warm).

I'm excited for you in regards to your surgery. I hope your results are everything you are hoping for and are expecting.

I've been wondering how Grayson has been doing during his recuperation.......hope he'll check in soon, too.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby Lauren » December 20th, 2007, 2:10 pm

Thanks so much, T.! I hope it's everything I want, too, but even if it's just 75% of what I want, it's still better than what I've got! :-)

I wish Grayson would check in too! I was wondering about him...

Congrats on your great day, T., and thanks for the line!

Ciao,

Lauren
Lauren

PreviousNext

Return to Maintenance