Stawberry Craving!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Stawberry Craving!

Postby 70 » June 10th, 2005, 9:45 am

Hey gang!
Just checking in, keeping myself accountable. Today is day 4 for me without cheating! Like I said in my other post, that's a big deal for me! I've been trying to keep real busy and out of the house today because the last 3 days were a little easier for me because I was busy at work. I'm off from work today. I got on the scale when I woke up at my usual 5:00A.M this morning and I was surprised to see I have lost 5 lbs. in the last 3 days that I haven't cheated. I had one temptation though, but didn't give in to it. I was washing and slicing fresh giant strawberries for my sons yesterday for desert and they smelt soooooooooo good! I was looking at the strawberries thinking these are delicious, low fat, low carb, low cal, nutritious, but not on plan! Any other diet, they would have been a smart food choice, but I know on this program I can't have them. So I didn't. Obviously I'm still thinking about them though because I'm writing about them! Thanks for letting me vent here about my strawberry craving.

Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby dlr2424 » June 10th, 2005, 11:33 am

.........70.........allow yourself to realize..... :coach: .... .YOU CAN HAVE THEM.......just not yet..... ;) .....have a strawberry shake and put it in the freezer..... :bouncie: ...maybe that will sufice.......and your thinny little butt will thank you for your compliancy.......... :mrgreen: .......keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
donna.........dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 10th, 2005, 12:15 pm

dlr2424 wrote:.........70.........allow yourself to realize..... :coach: .... .YOU CAN HAVE THEM.......just not yet..... ;)

Donna- what a great way to put it! I am so happy to see you post again! I hope life has slowed down a bit for you. :lol:

70- 5 pounds in 3 days! WOOOOHOOOOOO! :-P

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » June 10th, 2005, 8:25 pm

70----------------

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! 5# in 3 days... that's GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! keep up the good work and before you know it you will be on mainteance and enjoying STRAWBERRIES again.. It's worth the wait...Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby fedup » June 11th, 2005, 8:32 am

Those 5# in 3 days should help ya stay on track! Isn't it great when that darn scale cooperates! 8) We all have cravings, and it's that emotional need to eat that gets us.... but we can do it, and WE ARE!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Strawberry Creme Shakes

Postby ThinkinThin » June 11th, 2005, 1:46 pm

Has anyone tried the strawberry creme MF shakes??? I too have had strawberry wants now and then. Was thinking about getting these but wasnt sure if it had a good taste, maybe I'll order a "sample" pack at first. I really miss my bananas in morning-although getting over that, maybe I'll try the Banana Blitz. Anyone got comments on that flavor ???
SaraK

ThinkinThin
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby martha » June 11th, 2005, 2:13 pm

ThinkinThin---
My husband loves the strawberry and the banana. He mixes the banana blitz with all the others and seems to really enjoy them.. I love the dutch chocolate the best--my 2nd favorite is the banana blitz(just like a banana laffy taffy) have a great week...Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 70 » June 12th, 2005, 5:53 am

Thanks Gang.... for all the encouragement, support, tips, and helping me to see things from a different perspective when it comes to helping me resist certain cravings. It is very hard when the craving is actually occuring, but I have to learn to deal with the discomfort and get through it. I know as human beings, if we do not experience uncomfortable situations and everything always comes easy to us, that we are not able to learn and grow from our experiences. I also know that "the grass is not always greener on the other side. It's greener right where you water it". I plan to do that and do what it takes to accomplish my goal of losing weight and feeling comfortable and confident in my own skin again. Instead of wishing I had someone elses figure and not doing what it takes to have it. Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby Spunky » June 12th, 2005, 6:54 am

There is nothing like fresh strawberries except maybe fresh strawberries dipped in warm chocolate. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Oh the things we give up for a good healthy body! Down the road we can have them again. Yeah buddy.

I like the real thing so I am not much in the strawberry shakes other than chocolate. The strawberry sure taste great though. Keep up the great work everyone.
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Seaside » June 12th, 2005, 8:32 am

There's an idea, Spunky! I think for my next strawberry shake (I like em) I will swirl some sugar-free choco syrup on top. Just a touch!

And GOOD GOING on 7 lbs lost!!! That is terrific.
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.