Starting Pic

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Starting Pic

Postby SkinnyMama » November 15th, 2004, 3:40 pm

OK, I'm gonna jump in here too, I've been lurking for a bit (tried posting once before but it disappeared I think, user error I'm sure!) and thought I'd say Hi. Been doing MF for about 5 weeks (5+1) but have not been as strict as I should recently and actually fell completely off the wagon this weekend, ugh, i'm so mad at myself I could scream :sadblue: But I have lost about 12 lbs regardless so I know if I just focus and stay strong, I can get the rest off in no time. Just a bit about me -- lost 71 lbs on WW, made it to lifetime 2 days before finding out I was PG with #2. Gained it all back and am still doing the WW thing but have been on a giant plateau for 7 months. Anyway, did MF many years ago successfully so am doing it again and it really does work, I have about 13 lbs more to go to back to goal weight and would like to go even lower so am planning on doing MF until I get there. I have switched this week though to the full fast, I was getting too lenient on the 5+1 -- no where in the info does it say that McDonalds french fries are allowed! I do agree with all the pp's, it is very hard to stay on program when preparing meals for family or eating out but you all have given me some good ideas so keep em coming! Anyway, I hope to participate a little bit, thanks for listening, er, reading! And here's a pic of me with my gorgeous family!

SkinnyMama

Postby RavenKat » November 15th, 2004, 4:02 pm

Gorgeous indeed! Look at those babies!!!!!

Don't be so sure that user error caused your info to be lost. We had a glitch a month or so ago and lots of stuff went bye bye. Just the hazards of the www.

Welcome, btw!

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby explorthis » November 15th, 2004, 4:41 pm

no where in the info does it say that McDonalds french fries are allowed!

Welcome to you – great picture and great looking family! I had to chuckle at your above comment, since losing the weight on Medifast, I have become the Diet-Guru here at work. A few of the girls are on the WW program, and according to them, as long as you remain in you’re “point’s bracket” that fries are ok for them… And they wonder why they are not losing!! But Mike, they ARE allowed! Well then, why aren’t you losing I ask… No replies.

Welcome…. This plan WILL work, with only a little help!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby mombarnes » November 15th, 2004, 5:19 pm

Mike - your posts are always so readable.
I agree with your comments about the fries. I think that you hit at the heart of why WW actually didn't work for me ... because of that "everything is OK" attitude. I used all my allowance on junk food.
I didn't learn what was good for me & I didn't learn to pay attention / really listen to my body.
I think that Medifast is so SIMPLE and had me "quickly" seeing how I felt when I consumed only what is good for me. Now I know how that feels & don't ever want to go back.
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby DutchChoc » November 15th, 2004, 6:00 pm

Welcome, SkinnyMama. Sometimes maybe we just have to sneak up on our goals if a frontal approach doesn't work out. I hope this works for you, or, should I say, enhances what you've already accomplished with WW.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » November 15th, 2004, 6:24 pm

Hello and Howdy Doody to you, Skinny Mama ~

Your family is beautiful and how good of you to want to be healthy - you'll be able to run after them! Your handsome husband must surely be as proud of you as you are!

Those last pounds will soon be history!

Yep, those old FF just don't seem to help to melt the flab from the hips! I've seen a lot of WW people walking around with saddlebags...

You know, I had fries a couple of times when I was on a vacation last month and it was the first time in 27 months that I had them - they made my mouth feel greasy grimey and all around yucky. Still paying for them, too - they're almost all gone. Not gonna have them again. It isn't worth it - trans fatty acids, etc.

When we eat 'taters here at the MakeMeThinner Cottage, we eat 'em steamed or baked w/fat free yogurt or fat free cottage cheese and no butter. I prefer to have a baked sweet potato with just a snort of sugar free maple syrup and nothing else - yum! Folks - remember, I am on maintenance. Potatoes are not permitted on the weight loss phase...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Hello to you...

Postby gr8views » November 15th, 2004, 7:17 pm

Welcome to the board! You've come to the right place to get encouragement and support.

You have already done well having said :byebye: to the 200s!! Woo Hoo! Now you're on the home stretch. You've come so far... MF will help you get there, I'm sure!

You have a gorgeous family!

Di
Start Date: November 6, 2004

246/233/146??

Good choices = Progress!!
gr8views
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby explorthis » November 16th, 2004, 7:50 am

steamed or baked w/fat free yogurt or fat free cottage cheese. I prefer - baked sweet potato with just a snort of sugar free maple syrup

EEEEEEEEEEW! Are these some home brewed ideas? This is enough to make me never want a ‘tater. Cottage cheese and/or yogurt on a tater? Syrup?

I need to call Micky D’s and see if they will be adding to the value meal, the Yogurt fries, or Syrup ‘taters….. MMMMM… NOT.
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby Sylvia » November 16th, 2004, 8:50 am

French Fries are one of my biggest weaknesses. I actually still make them for my kids but I bake them. I cut the potatoes in slices - more like home fries, put them on a nonstick cookie sheet and spray them with zero calorie spray butter. Bake for 10 mins or so, turn and spray again. They taste great and have no added fat. I do the same thing with sweet potatoes and those are even better!

It is still possible to eat things you enjoy if you're willing to compromise a little...
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 16th, 2004, 11:42 am

Hi SkinnyMamma!

Nice to meet you, and see such a loveable little family. Your past success with MF is great to hear. Most of us are first timers. I certainly welcome more info about maintenance - the hardest part of eating - so feel free to write away - I'm definitely here to listen and learn. Glad you joined the forum!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » November 16th, 2004, 1:01 pm

Yes, we like baked sweet potato fries, too - they are great

Mikey...one cannot live on salad alone...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby SkinnyMama » November 16th, 2004, 4:53 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the nice comments about my brood. I think they're gorgeous but I am biased!!

I'm on Day 2 after my big cheat weekend and so far so good, it's small victories for me, like not eating my son's leftover pancakes this morning or nibbling on some goldfish while the kids eat theirs. I started the day doing full fast but did end up having a chicken salad from Baja Fresh. But that's what I love about this, it's the strictness I need right now but does allow me something if I need or want it.

Quick question though on the full fast -- is it 5 meal replacements or 6??

Camille -- I did do MF about 9 years ago and lost 30+ lbs very easily but honestly, just got lazy and didn't stick with it so the pounds came back (well some). Then it was on to Fen-Phen where I lost about 30+ pounds and I also did several times at WW before it finally worked for me. I think I've literally lost and gained over 300 lbs (each way, gained and also lost) during my lifetime, if not more (included baby weight 2x's). Why was I finally able to lose it and maintain? I had a goal, an end result and mine was not wanting to be a fat Mom that my kids would be embarassed about -- I mean, they will ultimately be embarassed of me but I want it to be something other than my weight! So eating a certain way has become a lifestyle, all the previous things I have tried I thought of as a diet, that there was a beginning and an end when there isn't. That's something important to think about with MF as well. Making goal isn't an end but really a beginning to a healthy lifestyle. MF certainly is great for showing us that we don't need a lot of food to keep our bodies moving, I will be remembering this when I start eating again since I am a quantity person. I will personally always have a fat mentality, I will always focus on food so I have to manage that. For me, WW does this long-term as it's a simple plan to help me control my portions. But don't get me wrong, I'm not advertising for WW but their idea of writing everything down, ie tracking points, (which many doctors and nutritionists also suggest) is essential for me, I will NEVER be able to mentally track what I eat. If I don't write it down than it's easily forgotten -- until I get on the scale that is. I've actually been doing that the past 2 days, using my tracker to write down everything I put in my mouth and the calories. I honestly think it has helped me from taking those BLT's -- ie bites, licks and tastes and will help me be successful with MF as well.

Thanks again everyone, I have been reading for some time now and you all inspire me with your dedication!!
SkinnyMama

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » November 19th, 2004, 9:23 am

Welcome to the forums!
Your family is very good looking! How DO you do it?
I love mine, but frankly, no matter the preparation involved, we always arrive at our destination slightly rumpled and with a look of confusion on our faces. I don't know how that happens, but I blame two knucklehead sons and their bossy big sister for the most part! LOL

I'm glad to see you here and can't wait to share in your journey!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » November 19th, 2004, 12:10 pm

Quick question though on the full fast -- is it 5 meal replacements or 6??

Take Shape for Life now recommends 6 meal replacements. You are a young active woman.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby SkinnyMama » November 19th, 2004, 3:21 pm

Thanks Nancy, that's what I thought!

Susanna, if I had 3 kids I think we'd all look much more frazzled!!! You certainly have your hands full :lol: Plus, my daughter was younger than she is now, she wouldn't even sit still for that photo these days!!!
SkinnyMama

Return to Studio