Starting January 1, 2004

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Starting January 1, 2004

Postby Bseaton » December 16th, 2003, 9:28 pm

My name is Barry(36) and i live in Paducah KY. My goal is to lose 60 lbs and i know that i can get there with Medifast. I have tried several things in the future with not much success but i believe that i am mentally and physically ready for the program. I just fell uncomfortable all of the time and never like what i see in the mirror. I used to be in great shape but over the last 10 years have gradually gotten in worse shape and have gained more and more weight. I am ready to feel better and look better and i have no doubt that i can do this. :cry:
Barry Seaton

1/01/04
247/210/170
Bseaton
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » December 17th, 2003, 6:59 am

Welcome Barry!!

It does sound like you are mentally prepared for this--very important to the success of the program.

You can always come here for support. This is a great place to ask questions, share successes or setbacks.

Again, welcome!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Re: Starting January 1, 2004

Postby explorthis » December 17th, 2003, 7:28 am

Bseaton wrote:My name is Barry

My goal is to lose 60 lbs and I know that I can get there with Medifast.

I have tried several things in the future with not much success...

Barry, welcome. Good to have another guy on the board (only 1 besides myself)... I know your pain. You have made the 100% correct decision. Read the posts here, including mine, you will find if you are true to yourself, and give Medifast a chance, you will never choose another weight loss management program again - this one, the last one WORKS, I PROMISE.....

Only rule here is, you cannot use the word diet (DIEt) !!

Again, welcome... we look forward to your support, and success!!

Mike
337/248/220-something (100 days today)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

welcome

Postby susan » December 17th, 2003, 3:18 pm

Hi Barry, welcome to the forum this is a great program and it really works all you haft to do is just follow the gidelines and you will soon lose the wt.susan :D
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Thank's for the support

Postby Guest » December 18th, 2003, 7:56 pm

I am so excited to start the program on Jan 1 and i have ever confidence that i will have success. I had my first shipment come in but i have them stored where i can receive another shipment before beginning the program. I believe the support is very importance for the success because in the end it is up to the individual and a positive remark can mean the difference. Thanks again :roll:

Starting Jan 1st

Postby Bseaton » December 21st, 2003, 12:00 pm

It's only 1 1/2 weeks away before i start the program and i am so excited. I am so ready feeling overweight and just Blaugh !!!!. I am getting ready to order my next wave of shakes to be fully prepared on Jan 1st... :) :)
Barry Seaton

1/01/04
247/210/170
Bseaton

Only 2 more days

Postby Bseaton » December 29th, 2003, 5:19 pm

There are only 2 more days before i start the program and i am so ready. I have gone to the doctor and my BMI is at 34. I have ordered my second wave of shakes so i will be fully ready on 1/1/2004. Stay Tuned.

Barry ;)
Barry Seaton

1/01/04
247/210/170
Bseaton

Starting 1/1

Postby star85 » December 31st, 2003, 8:51 am

Hi Barry,
I was going to start the program today and not go to any of the New Year Eve Parties we were invited to, but my husband convinced me to start tomorrow. That way all the major holidays will be over for a while. I was so anxious to start because I want to lose this weight as fast as possible, but it makes more sense to wait one more day. Since we are starting on the same day now, we will have to help keep each other motivated and keep track of each others progress. I want to reach goal by May or June(My twin sons and my birthdays are both in May and June starts the beginning of summer). I have 85 pounds to lose. Do you think I can reach goal on this program by then? I hope so. Another question. Does anyone know how to use the Emoticons? I have no clue how to use them.

Thanks---------------- Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Maggie » December 31st, 2003, 11:47 am

Hi Kelyn,

It is possible for you to reach your goal by the end of June. You will have to average 14 lbs. a month to do it or 3 and 1/2 lbs. a week. From my experience, I lost 15 the first week, 5 each of the next two weeks, 4 the next and it looks like it might be about 4 this week. I have more to lose than you but your weight loss should be consistent if you stay on the program. I have been mostly doing the modified program. I could probably lose more by doing the full fast but since I am in this for the long haul I don't want to burn myself out on it. Since you will be in ketosis it is very important that you don't eat carbs because you will go out of ketosis and it will take 2 or 3 days to get the engines fired up again. Besides the shakes and supplement bars I have eaten nothing except salads with lite dressing, a protein(chicken, beef, pork ham, and on one occasion a boiled egg in my salad.) and green vegetables. (green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.) I am satisfied with my losses. As to your question about the emoticons. Just click on the emoticon you want to insert, then go to your message and click where you want to insert it. It's that easy.
Maggie
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Thanks!

Postby Guest » December 31st, 2003, 2:05 pm

Hi Maggie,
Thank you so much for all that great information! I will definitely use it. I don't understand how we stay in ketosis on this program considering how many carbohydrates are in the shakes and food products and we're taking in at least 5 portions a day. On the Atkins program I know your not supposed to go over 25 gms. in the beginning in order to stay in ketosis. On this program we take in way more than that. Also has anyone ever seen how many grams of carbos are in F.F. or low fat dressing? ALOT!! I bought sugar free, calorie free, carbo free drsg. the brand is "Walden Farms" it's located in the produce section of the supermarket. It tastes good too! Well keep in touch and keep sending all that good advice and info! I'm going to need every bit of it. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

________________________Kelyn

Did it again!

Postby star85 » December 31st, 2003, 2:09 pm

Forgot to log in again! The above reply is fom me. Bye.
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.