(Guests Welcome)

STARTED TODAY MARCH 2

Postby jimind » March 2nd, 2006, 5:29 pm

NEED HELP SO HUNRY 3 SHAKES SO FAR THANKS TO AKK WHO WROTE ME JIM
jim brooks
jimind

Postby falisamarie » March 2nd, 2006, 5:41 pm

Jim

Have no fear help is coming....it is just a couple days away. You are gonna make it!! Have a legal snack or drink some water. You WILL get through this I promise!!

WE ARE ROUTING FOR YOU

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DogMa » March 2nd, 2006, 5:55 pm

Jim, do you have products other than shakes? Sometimes the other stuff is more filling and stays with you a bit longer. Also, how often are you having the supplements? In the beginning, it sometimes helps to space them closer together. And if you're really hungry, add an extra one.

Hang in there! It gets better after the first few days.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ToyDiva » March 2nd, 2006, 7:21 pm

Hi Jim,

Hang in there! I've been at it for a week and two days. The first few days were not that great, but I just kept drinking lots of water. You can have bouillon also. This helps my husband quite a bit when he's at work and needs something to help fill him until his next MF meal. Also, just sit and read through the forum. There are lots of very supportive people here who will help you get past this rough patch.

You can do this!
Started 02/21/6

ToyDiva
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LovenElvis » March 2nd, 2006, 7:34 pm

Hey Jim,

Hang in there! I promise that you can get throught it!

You have so much support here and I'm telln' ya, these three days will go by very quickly! I just tried to keep myself busy and not think about it as much as possible.

Hang in there!
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hang in There

Postby She2chat » March 2nd, 2006, 9:00 pm

Hey Jim,

The first couple of days are rough. I did find out that if you put the Shakes in the blender and add some Splenda and Sugar Free Syrups and let it blend for 5 or more minutes it gets thicker and smoother.

Add some Ice and its really great and quite filling.

I also added Coffee to my shakes, it gives me the caffeine that I really need and gives it an extra boost.. lol

You can do this!!

I'm at 1 week and 3 days and Feeling GREAT!!
She2chat
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » March 3rd, 2006, 12:04 am

Jim ~

I :glasses: noticed the time you posted was 5:30 PM and if you've only had three items and you've been up since 7 AM or so then you have not had enough packets... :x

I see you are a Nurse so perhaps your day starts later than others because of your shift but here's some info:

The first packet should be taken within one hour of :snooze: awakening and then every two to three hours thereafter.

In the beginning, you may need to have the packets at the two hour interval. As time goes by, if you are able, stretch them to three hours, but no more than 3.5 hours apart, as your blood sugars may drop too low.

Drink a lot of :water: water - especially tomorrow and on day three to prevent a headache. Keep the bouillon handy and use 1-2 per day the first few days/weeks as needed...

Yup, shakes made in the blender are more :toast: filling, especially with the addition of ice as it makes a larger volume. I'd be careful and not use too much caffeine; it can make some people :bounce: jittery and it can also stimulate the :eat: appetite for others.

If you get hungry, have another :buddies: shake - it's only 100 calories and it is balanced protein/carbs. The extra soy in a shake is hunger-satisfying as soy has natural appetite qualities. The shakes have more soy content than other food products.

Don't cave - be :lightbeam: strong! Anyone who can :whattha: look at gnarly :redhead: wounds, take out :aarggh: sutures, help people who are :puke: and poke them in the arm with a syringe can do anything for three hours - you can do it! :goodluck:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » March 3rd, 2006, 6:58 am

The first couple days are tough. I felt exhausted and I was drinking 8+ cups of coffee a day and cut it down to 1 cup, so I was having headaches from caffeine withdrawals, but after the 3rd day. It was a different ballgame. I'm not hungry...I'm not tired. It was amazing.

Hang in there, you'll do it.
FluffyNoMore

Postby StrivingSister » March 3rd, 2006, 7:38 am

Fluffy~

You're awesome :D ! You just joined the forum, and you're already giving encouraging advice!
Age 30-5'6 1/2"
Start: 2/18/06-5&1
Last Weigh-In: 9/19/06
3rd Mini: 50 by 7/30-Met 7/18!
4th Mini: 65 by 9/17-60.2
StrivingSister
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » March 3rd, 2006, 7:47 am

StrivingSister wrote:Fluffy~

You're awesome :D ! You just joined the forum, and you're already giving encouraging advice!

8) Why thank you... thank you very much. *said with best Elvis voice*
FluffyNoMore

Return to Come on in.