speed dating

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby Sarya » July 26th, 2006, 5:55 am

I wish they had something like speed acquaintance instead of speed dating. Or another column on there for "don't wanna date you, but I do want to hang out" I'd do it then.

I hate dating.
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Elke » July 26th, 2006, 6:58 am

I would have to agree with you unca and admit that we women probablly arent much different....with exceptions to a few I am sure.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby electra000 » July 26th, 2006, 7:09 am

I'm thinking of trying E-Harmony after I lose weight. Has anyone tried this? :?
electra000
Preferred member

Postby ascicles » July 26th, 2006, 7:28 am

I've never tried this, but I think it would be neat. I can figure out almost immediately whether I'm interested in someone or not. If someone doesn't figure out a way to annoy me in the first five minutes, I'll probably like them.

I get annoyed easily...and I dislike almost everyone I meet.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby ascicles » July 26th, 2006, 7:29 am

electra000 wrote:I'm thinking of trying E-Harmony after I lose weight. Has anyone tried this? :?

I tried that out of boredom one day and they denied me. They said that I wasn't a candidate for their service. So much for their claim that they can match anyone.

I later found out that it is a Christian website and they pretty much deny anyone who isn't a Christian.

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby TheShadow » July 26th, 2006, 10:23 am

I did not know that about E-harmony! I know that's true of that one called Equally Yoked (man that sounds like FUN...not). Years ago I tried this dating service where you pick people based on photos, written profiles and videos where you sort of describe yourself. It was a disaster and I wish I had that money back. What a stinking waste. What was really funny though, was I was looking through the books of profiles/phots and ran into my not-quite-ex-hubby's profile (the divorce wasn't final yet, takes 6 months here). Many people base their choices on first impressions of appearance and I am here to tell you that that can be so wrong. You can miss out on some really fabulous people by judging in that way and vice versa. I went out with some cuties that just had nothing going on in their heads, either idiots or emotional cripples.

Tammy
200.5/178.5/132
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby MISSANNE » July 26th, 2006, 11:32 am

Hey Ascicles, how can they deny you? Didn't they get your sense of humor like I do?

I heard e harmony was like a 2 hour process of answering questions, that alone would irritate me.
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » July 26th, 2006, 11:57 am

ok, ok...

let's just have an mf singles mixer.
all the single people can put their info up and everyone else can try to set them up. it's probably as effective as having strangers do a round robin of "let's pretend i'm "jack sensitive" for the next ten minutes.

i prefer the honest approach.

my name is alex. i dated a crazy woman for the last 6 years. i am finishing my MA, and my dog and i had to move back home because the house was in my ex's name. i am now severely emotionally wounded-- and already had committement issues. i am extremely fickle.

i love sports, and during hockey season will only commit to dates when the ducks do not have a home game. i like hot women with money and low self-esteem. if she'll do my laundry great-- but she has to cook, or we will starve. if we're out on a date and i stare at other people, she has to realize that it's because those people are probably better looking than she is. i will probably flirt with all of your friends, but i will only make true passes at your family.

let's see.... i only shower once a week, unless there is a special occassion. i like to let my toenails get so long that they clack on the floor.
i leave hair in the tub. from where? it varies. sometimes i shave my legs, sometimes i grow a fur coat. hygiene is something i say when my buddy eugene calls, no more.

i am poor. i hate paying for gas, so my date wll be driving everywhere. i'll spring for dinner, but she better order off the dollar menu. i have an extensive wine cellar filled with two buck chuck, so you know that after our date, i am all class.

how could anyone pass on this?
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby ascicles » July 26th, 2006, 12:19 pm

MISSANNE wrote:Hey Ascicles, how can they deny you? Didn't they get your sense of humor like I do?

I heard e harmony was like a 2 hour process of answering questions, that alone would irritate me.

Well, they had a bunch of really dumb questions. I think I answered the opposite of what they were hoping for in almost every area.

I didn't really want them to match me with anyone, I just wanted to take the personality profile. They didn't even give it to me.

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby ascicles » July 26th, 2006, 12:33 pm

My name is Derek. I hate puppets, cordouroy, reality shows, the smell of perfume, overly happy people, tomatoes, lip piercings, jam bands, bars, spiders, hair metal, Donnie Darko, small talk, umbrellas, Nascar. I also hate South Carolina, Wal-Mart, emoticons, bad spelling, myspace, cancer, Greta Van Susteren, parents who refuse to discipline their children in public, and the mall.

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby DogMa » July 26th, 2006, 3:14 pm

I did the eHarmony profile (and I'm not Christian and told them so). I was having a bad day and so my answers were a wee big skewed by that (Rate your appearance from 1 to 10? I think I put 2).

Hard as it is to believe, I'm sure, they couldn't find me any matches. Apparently no one was interested in a bad-tempered troll.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sarya » July 26th, 2006, 3:46 pm

One of my friends was rejected by eHarmony the first time she apped to them. She thinks it had a lot to do with her mental state at the time. She was a bit hot tempered and troll like :P So she apped again when life was better, and she's gone a few dates. Ultimately she's decided she's not that into this kind of dating so she's stopped. But she did seem to feel they did a good job with matching her to compatible people.
Sarya

Postby SharonR » July 29th, 2006, 7:41 pm

Don't all your friends want to set you up on blind dates? That works for me, I have set up a few in my life. Some of them wanted to beat me afterward, but they got over it in time.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Janae » July 29th, 2006, 7:57 pm

I just re-read all of this thread and decided I need to add my $.02!!!

I think e-harmony is a pretty good deal...my darling husband of 20 months is what I got from it...and he has truly been a gift to me. I recommend it...but, as in diet plans and as in many other areas..."to each, his(her) own"!

Viva La Difference!

Janae
Janae

Postby SharonR » July 29th, 2006, 8:26 pm

Janae wrote:I just re-read all of this thread and decided I need to add my $.02!!!

I think e-harmony is a pretty good deal...my darling husband of 20 months is what I got from it...and he has truly been a gift to me. I recommend it...but, as in diet plans and as in many other areas..."to each, his(her) own"!

Viva La Difference!

Janae

OH MY GOSH Janae....I love that! So happy for you! That answered my pm to you. You are a newlywed! Congrats, he's a lucky man, cause you're such a doll! ;)
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to What's Shakin'