Spanish Flounder

Add your favorite recipes.

Postby bikipatra » January 5th, 2007, 3:43 pm

BerkshireGrl wrote:
bikipatra wrote:Interesting point here though. You have to shred the cheese and measure it that way, in a measuring cup, because if you weighed out 8 oz ( a cup) of it the calories would be different.

Tis true but 8 oz. weight is different than 8 oz. liquid... unless you're measuring water or something like water in form/density. (Geek mode on.)

Unfortunately:

8 oz. weight Low-fat Cheddar -- 392 Cals

Versus the shredded into 1 cup at 195 Cals ;) Boohoo!

We were never discussing liquid measurements since cheese is a solid and the rest of your post was merely restating what I had already said. So geek mode was unnecessary but charming, in your inimicable way, nonetheless.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby GucciGoo » January 5th, 2007, 5:10 pm

Hmmm. I have been measuring my cheese with a scale.

Foiled again! No wonder I don't feel as flat-bellied as I usually do when on MF. Now I will be really mad if I have not lost anything in my first week back.

I suck.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Karli » January 5th, 2007, 5:27 pm

*Beth doesn't suck*
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » January 5th, 2007, 8:50 pm

bikipatra wrote:We were never discussing liquid measurements since cheese is a solid and the rest of your post was merely restating what I had already said. So geek mode was unnecessary but charming, in your inimicable way, nonetheless.

Um...

Dear Biki, this was not directed AT you but others who might need to know... like maybe Dark as illustrated above ;)

And I also saw some confusion between oz. as a serving size compared to the ounces in a cup, when the ounce serving size for a cheese is referring to weight, not 1/8 of a measuring cup. Obviously this can be a bit confusing if one weighs 8 oz. of cheese thinking it equals 1 cup and is the ok amount for a Lean & Green.

Basically one should not equate 8 oz. weight with 8 oz. volume. That is all.

Next time I will not quote you when I'm just responding to a general idea and providing some info so as to avoid you thinking I'm jumping on you. Ok? Peace out.
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Mike » January 5th, 2007, 11:46 pm

bikipatra wrote:Lowfat cheese is an exceptable vegetarian option. I have never gone that route because the portion size (A CUP???) listed in the L& G guide seems high. I am going to check again but I think that is what is says...UPDATE: Just checked the L&G protocol on the FAQ board and it says a cup of LF cheese is an acceptable substitute. Let's see a teeny veggie burger or a WHOLE cup of cheese!!! Just seems like a lot to me. Isn't an oz of cheese a serving?

Personally, I use 1/2 C Lowfat cottage and then sprinkle 1/2 C cheese on the salad. Or I'll have 3.5 oz chicken with 1/2 C cheddar or something like that. I could do 1 C of cheese, but would rather mix it with cottage or chicken.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » January 6th, 2007, 2:59 am

BerkshireGrl wrote:
bikipatra wrote:We were never discussing liquid measurements since cheese is a solid and the rest of your post was merely restating what I had already said. So geek mode was unnecessary but charming, in your inimicable way, nonetheless.

Um...

Dear Biki, this was not directed AT you but others who might need to know... like maybe Dark as illustrated above ;)

And I also saw some confusion between oz. as a serving size compared to the ounces in a cup, when the ounce serving size for a cheese is referring to weight, not 1/8 of a measuring cup. Obviously this can be a bit confusing if one weighs 8 oz. of cheese thinking it equals 1 cup and is the ok amount for a Lean & Green.

Basically one should not equate 8 oz. weight with 8 oz. volume. That is all.

Next time I will not quote you when I'm just responding to a general idea and providing some info so as to avoid you thinking I'm jumping on you. Ok? Peace out.

You're still charming.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby BerkshireGrl » January 6th, 2007, 3:32 pm

bikipatra wrote:You're still charming.

Well, honestly, I found your first reply pretty mean and offensive... what's up with that?
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » January 6th, 2007, 3:40 pm

BerkshireGrl wrote:
bikipatra wrote:You're still charming.

Well, honestly, I found your first reply pretty mean and offensive... what's up with that?

Well, honestly, that was not my intention. Mean? Offensive? For saying "geek mode" was unnecessary in this case? I didn't realized you held it so dear. What's up with that? I am sorry you feel that way. Perhaps you are overly sensitive or I am not sensitive enough. Either way, I do apologize. Ok, peace. Maybe it will stick this time.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby BerkshireGrl » January 6th, 2007, 3:48 pm

bikipatra wrote:For saying "geek mode" was unnecessary in this case? I didn't realized you held it so dear.

No, for it being condescending and dismissive. Like this apology.

Come on Biki, you're shocked someone finds you abrasive? I've seen it come up elsewhere on the forum, so it ain't just me being a fragile flower.

I find it too bad that you feel the need to be hostile to me for being honest.
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » January 6th, 2007, 3:55 pm

BerkshireGrl wrote:
bikipatra wrote:For saying "geek mode" was unnecessary in this case? I didn't realized you held it so dear.

No, for it being condescending and dismissive. Like this apology.

Come on Biki, you're shocked someone finds you abrasive? I've seen it come up elsewhere on the forum, so it ain't just me being a fragile flower.

I find it too bad that you feel the need to be hostile to me for being honest.

I am not shocked at all. The only shocking thing to me is that two grown women would spend a 24 hour span going back and forth over cheese. My apology was sincere because I do not wish to spend another moment of my life discussing dairy products. You were the one who claimed we had peace over this issue yesterday. So who was being insincere? Enough. Please find something else to obsess about besides me and cheese.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby GucciGoo » January 6th, 2007, 6:26 pm

Ok, guys, as a moderator for Unca, I have to say it is time for us to either continue talking about my yucky Spanish flounder, or end the conversation.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 6th, 2007, 9:22 pm

I knew spanish flounder was trouble....:)

DarkAndStormy wrote:Ok, guys, as a moderator for Unca, I have to say it is time for us to either continue talking about my yucky Spanish flounder, or end the conversation.

I agree with Beth.....
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Lean Cuisine